How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-11-2004
backstage pass

Barneys New York - The reinvention is underway
The first round of the fall/winter sales at Barneys starts next weekend.....they send out an card stating it would be 30-50% off, and when I called up, they said they are doing pre sales already.....this means you can go in now and see what is on sale, buy it and pick it up when the sale offically goes public.....

13-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

thanks theory

13-11-2004
fashion elite

VERY good to know--thanks!

rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Nov 13 2004, 09:29 PM
The first round of the fall/winter sales at Barneys starts next weekend.....they send out an card stating it would be 30-50% off, and when I called up, they said they are doing pre sales already.....this means you can go in now and see what is on sale, buy it and pick it up when the sale offically goes public.....
[snapback]430534[/snapback]

I just called... and they have told me that the majority of the men's designer are not on sale. Bugger.... I was aiming to pick up a few piece by Jil sander, Helmut, and prada... but they told me none of them are on sale at all????

Is that correct??? or this pre-sale you just have to have a specific sale person to help you????

14-11-2004
EdK
trendsetter

ionn did you ask when designers will go on sale then? or did you mean that they are never going to?

14-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by EdK@Nov 14 2004, 11:51 AM
ionn did you ask when designers will go on sale then? or did you mean that they are never going to?
[snapback]431159[/snapback]
Well.. they just told me that they are not on sale YET, that means not even for the pre-sale... which is very strange, because when there is pre-sale, Barneys usually pre-sale every designer label.

That's what I am trying to find out if what the SA told me over the phone is true or he is just catering to a his own specific client list.

14-11-2004
backstage pass

I haven't been in store Ionn or talked to my usual SA yet but when I called yesterday the guy defintely told me presale was in effect and gave me his name if I neeeded help in store. They are correct when they sale they items aren't officially on sale (that starts next weekend) but they defintely send out a mailer, and there's always a presale period before the public event....not every brand may be included during round 1 but some of the SAs at Barneys can be shady and won't offer up more info than needed (no come into the store today! stock is low, it may be gone by the time the sale starts!).
i'm sure its not every designer as different items are marked down at different times........

14-11-2004
fashion icon

Uh oh this is not looking good for me. Sales starting next weekend already? By the time I get there around the 25th people will have cleaned house already.

14-11-2004
backstage pass

Plenty of stuff with be left.....the scavengers and die-hard sales shoppers don't even bother much with the 1st round.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 14 2004, 06:32 PM
Uh oh this is not looking good for me. Sales starting next weekend already? By the time I get there around the 25th people will have cleaned house already.
[snapback]431770[/snapback]

14-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 14 2004, 06:32 PM
[snapback]431770[/snapback]
Yeah don't worry fade to black.. there will be lots of stuff left... chances are it will start at 30%. There are still lots of good stuff that can be picked up at that time. Even then, really depend on your sizing, you can still pick up damn good stuff even at 60% off.

I got this pair of Dior Homme black jeans at 60% off and was one of its signature piece and it was a size 32. Now how did that happen I don't know

14-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Nov 14 2004, 05:59 PM
I haven't been in store Ionn or talked to my usual SA yet but when I called yesterday the guy defintely told me presale was in effect and gave me his name if I neeeded help in store. They are correct when they sale they items aren't officially on sale (that starts next weekend) but they defintely send out a mailer, and there's always a presale period before the public event....not every brand may be included during round 1 but some of the SAs at Barneys can be shady and won't offer up more info than needed (no come into the store today! stock is low, it may be gone by the time the sale starts!).
i'm sure its not every designer as different items are marked down at different times........
[snapback]431736[/snapback]
Yeah I hate the SA at Barneys so dodge and shady they just think that their merchandise will sell itself on the rack.

Someone needs to open one next door and sell the same thing but offer superior service now there is a competition I would like to see(but of course dream on right?! )

Oh well.. Doesn't matter.. I will wait for the actual sale, if there is something I really want I can always go to Paris to get it

14-11-2004
backstage pass

Ionn I am going to follow up this week to make sure the SA I spoke with did not provide me with misinformation. But as I said before, a mailer was sent out starting the winter sale starts next week...seems a bit early, but Neiman Marcus First Call has already started.........I'm pretty sure the info he gave was correct as they always have a presale period

Between the Barneys sale and the BG sale..I can't wait to rack up.

14-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Nov 14 2004, 07:39 PM
Ionn I am going to follow up this week to make sure the SA I spoke with did not provide me with misinformation. But as I said before, a mailer was sent out starting the winter sale starts next week...seems a bit early, but Neiman Marcus First Call has already started.........I'm pretty sure the info he gave was correct as they always have a presale period

Between the Barneys sale and the BG sale..I can't wait to rack up.
[snapback]431829[/snapback]

LOL!!!We should shop together when I am in town!!!

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

I got the mailer too. Private sale starts this Thursday.

Ionn, Jil Sander never goes on sale first in Barneys, but if you were actually to walk into the store and talk to one of the SA's, I am sure they would put stuff aside for you.

Personally, I don't give a damn for Barneys sale - Bagutta sale is my feeding ground. Can't wait for the mailer from them

15-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Nov 15 2004, 11:09 AM
I got the mailer too. Private sale starts this Thursday.

Ionn, Jil Sander never goes on sale first in Barneys, but if you were actually to walk into the store and talk to one of the SA's, I am sure they would put stuff aside for you.

Personally, I don't give a damn for Barneys sale - Bagutta sale is my feeding ground. Can't wait for the mailer from them
[snapback]432661[/snapback]
One problem.. I can't make it to the store.. have to do phone order!!!

Bagutta should have gone the 25% sale already during early November right????

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
barneys, reinvention, underway, york