How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2004
flaunt the imperfection

has anyone checked it out? I heard it started Feb. 1 but I didn't get a mailer...
any news from the frontlines?

03-02-2004
V.I.P.

Definitely not a fan. Went twice in my life, both times horrible experience. Herds of people and leftovers of leftovers as far as clothes. I prefer just to go to Barneys during their sale.

03-02-2004
flaunt the imperfection

I was the same way- I completely avoided it for yrs-then my friend dragged me there one yr and I scored in such a big way-amazing cashmere for $40, Dries shoes or only $89-the list goes on and on. I try to go on off hrs when other folks are at work. It definitley cuts down on the crowd factor-who needs that drama?!

I was just wondering if anyone had been and could say whether it was worth the effort, because it's definitely an effort. Actually, I'm gonna skip it this year, probably. The sales after x-mas were really great...I've probably got enough stuff already...

03-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 3rd, 2004 - 4:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 3rd, 2004 - 4:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>I try to go on off hrs when other folks are at work. It definitley cuts down on the crowd factor-who needs that drama?!"
[/b]

<sigh> it sucks to be a 9-5 person

<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 4:38 pm
I was just wondering if anyone had been and could say whether it was worth the effort, because it's definitely an effort. Actually, I'm gonna skip it this year, probably. The sales after x-mas were really great...I've probably got enough stuff already...[/quote]

I also had an incredible season as far as sales go. I got several very unique pieces by Ann Demeulemeester, Watanabe and Helmut Lang at substantial discount (not to mention that most of it was bought with birthday money, go relatives!!!) so I'm done for now...

03-02-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 5:07 pm

I got several very unique pieces by Ann Demeulemeester, Watanabe and Helmut Lang at substantial discount (not to mention that most of it was bought with birthday money, go relatives!!!) so I'm done for now...
ooooh baby! you're speakin' my language.

Those are very high on my list of faves. Sounds like you did very well for yourself- (I used x-mas money too!!hee,hee)

Good for you, honey-Rock on!!!

03-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 3rd, 2004 - 5:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 3rd, 2004 - 5:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 5:07 pm

I got several very unique pieces by Ann Demeulemeester, Watanabe and Helmut Lang at substantial discount (not to mention that most of it was bought with birthday money, go relatives!!!) so I'm done for now...
ooooh baby! you're speakin' my language.

Those are very high on my list of faves. Sounds like you did very well for yourself- (I used x-mas money too!!hee,hee)

Good for you, honey-Rock on!!! [/b][/quote]
Nice! In that case check out my post in the NYshopping thread in this section. I listed pretty much all places I go to.

27-08-2004
backstage pass

It's currently on. Has anybody gone? I remember way back when, that this used to be a BIG event in fashion...Now it's just There are several Barneys outlets around now when there weren't back then. You could do really well there. There used to be lines around the block for this warehouse sale. Are there any lines now?

28-08-2004
Heated

I haven't been since about 2 years ago. It was really bad then, nothing but Barneys private label crap. I think most people just don't bother anymore. The sales at Barneys at the end of each season have much better merchandise.

28-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 28 2004, 08:33 AM
I haven't been since about 2 years ago. It was really bad then, nothing but Barneys private label crap. I think most people just don't bother anymore. The sales at Barneys at the end of each season have much better merchandise.
[snapback]347941[/snapback]
2nd. I stopped going 4 years ago

28-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i'm a whore ...so i went...absolute waste of time...and i think that the women-(or i should really say girls) are getting very agressive these days...i was there the first day...it was gross...i couldn't get out of there fast enough...and we all know how much i love to shop,...

30-08-2004
front row

I went last week, it wasn't too bad. Lots of Marc Jacobs separates and Diane von Furstenburg dresses. Didn't buy a thing, though.

backstage pass

I'm going to try to get there this week. As everyone else stated, the sale just isn't that great.

I believe they took some additional markdowns today if anyone cares.

11-08-2006
rising star

Has anyone in the West Coast been to the ones held in Santa Monica? There's one that just started yesterday and I wonder if it's worth going to. Here's the event info:

Click on photo for larger size

Get fabulous!
The Barker Hangar
3021 Airport Avenue
Santa Monica, CA
8/10 - 8/20/06
Hours: 8/10 & 8/11: 8 AM - 9 PM
8/12: 9 AM - 7 PM
Weekdays: 10 AM - 8 PM
Weekends: 10 AM - 7 PM
Discounts at 50-75% off with progressively increasing savings towards the end of the event.

Let me know if you’ve been there or are going! Again, I need to know if it's worth going to.

(photo source: BNY promo e-mail)

scenester

when does it start this summer?

17-08-2008
fashion icon

has anyone been yet? i was going to go tomorrow after work just to check it out...any news?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
barneys, sale, warehouse