How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-02-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
^I beg to differ.

Gross.

How about...

Ann Demeulemeester. Out of your initial pricerange at $599, but it's like 50% off clearance and should practically last forever.

If you're into Helmut Lang's footwear, there are a bunch of shoes well inside your price range. Or some Louboutins. Big sale on Jil Sander, too. Nice Marni and Miu Miu...too lazy to post pictures. Mmmm...yeah, look in the Marni section.
That Chanel

Loving the Demeulemeester blazer, though That may be the one...if they have my size

Thanks everyone for the help thus far! Keep 'em coming!

~Madeleine Albright

Last edited by Hipkitten; 19-02-2006 at 09:25 AM.

01-04-2006
rising star

Bluefly.com
I started this post because I was perturbed about prices on BLUEFLY. Last weekend, while I was browsing their site, I came across a Juicy Couture Bag I already owned. I noticed that they listed the retail price as $295.00 and the SALE price was $236.00. In actuality, the REAL retail price is $145.00. I wrote them and faxed them stating this concern last saturday (with paperwork and comaprison from Neiman Marcus, where it showed that it was really just $145.00) and still there is no response. I have also noticed that they pulled off the Juicy Couture bag. I'm just letting all my fellow shoppers know this, and if you see that Bluefly has their retail pricing wrong tell everyone and write to them quickly. They are ripping their customers off and marking up over 100%.

01-04-2006
scenester

Wow...thanks for the heads up chanelchick. Who would have thought Bluefly, supposedly a discount site, would do this?

01-04-2006
backstage pass

Yes, this is very true. Bluefly actually does this all the time. I notified them about a Balenciaga coin purse that they listed a while ago that was over retail as well. They apologized and corrected it, but this is a continuing thing w/ them.

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
01-04-2006
backstage pass

I noticed that with a pair of Jimmy Choos. I got them from NAP for $399 on sale, retail $665. Bluefly has them listed for $596 sale, $745 retail.

I have bought some stuff from Bluefly and have gotten good deals but you do have to pay attention to the price and shop around first.

01-04-2006
V.I.P.

Wow that's awful! That's probably how they make their money though

01-04-2006
V.I.P.

raffaello-network and styledrops also do this.

01-04-2006
backstage pass

thanks for this post!
my god, i was on there today, cos i knew they still had the yellow miu miu sildes i bought last year and i needed the pic for reference..
and i noticed the "sale" price was $302, retail $378.
now i forgot what i paid for them, but i knew it wasn't close to $400..i thought $325 was the retail, but NO!! $295 is the retail (i had the reciept tucked in the box, and i just went to double check after reading this post..)!!
i paid full price - $301 total with 5% MA tax for mine...
their 'sale price' is $302..

what are they doing?? something is obviously wrong there....
definately be careful when you think you might be getting a deal. you'd be better off combing saks + neimans outlets for deals..if i were to find those there, i'd bet they'd be at the most $150...

Last edited by agirlcalledk1ll; 01-04-2006 at 04:03 PM.
01-04-2006
rising star

wow, thanks for the replies. I would suggest people who are considering to buy from Bluefly to post what they are interested in and we can help them check if the price is alright.

On another note, can't we write to the Better Business Bureau, and tell them that Bluefly is MISLEADINg or MISREPRESRNTING? Can't people SUE over what they are doing?

01-04-2006
backstage pass

This is a highly effective yet cheap and illegal trick in marketing. Consumers are sucked into thinking that they are buying an item at a great discount. It is best to shop around and know it all before buying at dis**** stores, online or not.

01-04-2006
trendsetter

They've been doing this for awhile. They used to have good deals, then all of a sudden they started all this deceit. I dont get it.

01-04-2006
front row

Hey DP- did you ever find if they really gave away all those "free" luxury bags?!?!??

01-04-2006
fashion icon

they do that with manolo blahniks too

01-04-2006
front row

I had a suspicion about something I'd bought there some time ago. I never found the exact product sold elsewhere but the retail and selling price seemed somewhat higher than normal for that brand. I was probably right in my suspicion. Humph.

01-04-2006
scenester

They used to be pretty good with their pricing until recently. I did notice that their "retail" price is very misleading so watch out!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blueflycom