How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-04-2006
windowshopping

They're a big deceptive. I recently saw a medium regular YSL Mombasa "on sale" for $905. BUT the bag normally sells for $825 regular price and you can get a large for $975!

02-04-2006
rising star

BLUEFLY

This DOES NOT RETAIL FOR $1600
Sale Price $1280
Real Retail $800-900 if my memory serves me correct.

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

Yes, Bluefly are thieves. I hate that store. Mostly awful merchandise and certainly awful discounts. Boycott Bluefly and support YOOX. YOOX often has most of Bluefly's stock at real sale prices.

02-04-2006
front row

Yes, but I just got 3 damaged items from yoox. I already sent them back, but yoox has yet to respond to my email asking for a full refund (not minus $8 per order, which would come out to $24) as it was their error.

02-04-2006
catch me if you can

wow I can't believe that they are getting away with this. Horrible.

windowshopping

Hmm...I never trust websites like that anyway. I've never seen anything good on that site either. =/

backstage pass

Yes, especially Manolo Blahnik prices are so pumped up they are being ridiculous.
You would think that shoppers are aware of retail prices.
One word, DUH

03-04-2006
rising star

Finally got a reply, tehy just apologized for the mispricing and that it happens with thousands of items, blah blah blah. ANYWAYS, please Post if you see something HORRENDOUSLY OVERPRICED.

04-04-2006
rising star

Another Price Discrepency not as much though. Higher discrepencies on the HIGHER END ITEMS! Watch out

BLUEFLY: $315
Nordstrom: $298

04-04-2006
rising star

I noticed the same thing! That's horrible!

04-04-2006
windowshopping

I assumed they "boosted" the retail price, but boosting the sale price above the real retail price is unbelievable.

I have never bought anything from Bluefly before, but because of the It Bag contest I now have like 130 coupons for them. I thought I'd take advantage of one of them when their sale started a few days ago, so I scoured the site for something I liked that was a real bargain.

I finally came up with a pair of Sergio Rossi shoes that, after the sale and the 10% off coupon, came to about $89. They listed the retail price as $650. I know SOME Sergio Rossi shoes cost that much, but these were fairly ordinary and I just don't believe they originally retailed for that much. I still think I got a good deal but I would be furious in your situation.

India, thinking I'm going to stick to the Woodbury Common outlets for bargains

04-04-2006
tfs star

i hate bluefly anyway, and now I'm never shopping there. I don't have time to think about whether I'm being ripped off or not when I shop, shopping is supposed to be enjoyable!

backstage pass

oh no, i wish i would have found your post yesterday, i literally just bought shoes from them yesterday morning.

04-04-2006
trendsetter

I also noticed some of their chanel bags also have this problem, I have seen one chanel leather quilted bag...their sale price was actually listed HIGHER than the normal retail price at Neiman Marcus!!! I just didn't know this happen all the time with all other brands and products!

05-04-2006
windowshopping

Found retail price of Sergio Rossi shoes
Sorry to follow up on my own post, but I found proof of the price exaggerations (though not of selling at higher than retail).

I got my Sergio Rossi shoes from Bluefly in the mail today. I want to stress that I paid a very good price for them ($89 after applying a 10% off coupon).

However, Bluefly claimed they retailed for $650. The original price is on the shoebox they sent. They went for 225 GBP. I just did the calculation on this at today's exchange rate. It comes out to $394.19.

I know exchange rates can vary but not THAT much. Make sure you know what you're doing before you buy from here.

India

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blueflycom