How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2006
girl who fell to earth

this is really interesting...
i didn't realize the price markup was that bad in some cases..

i think this just serves as a reminder to be weary off all online retailers and to shop around/do your homework before committing to buying something that's supposedly a great "deal"

27-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM
this is really interesting...
i didn't realize the price markup was that bad in some cases..

i think this just serves as a reminder to be weary off all online retailers and to shop around/do your homework before committing to buying something that's supposedly a great "deal"
Right, but what about people living in the middle of nowhere like me and some other members of TFS? We got no other choices but shopping online. It's not just the price, the real problem is there's simply nothing we can buy in the town. Even the SAKS is full of cheap-looking junk and expensive craps here.

Although I have done shopping on Bluefly for only once during the last three or four years. Their stuff for men are perpetually plain and boring, not just a bit, but horribly.

28-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_woman
They've been doing this for awhile. They used to have good deals, then all of a sudden they started all this deceit. I dont get it.
There is really nothing to get. I am honestly not trying to be rude, but it is a simple truth that people in this business will do what they can get away with. As long as there are people who buy it, they will do it. It pays the bills and it works for them, so they do it.
I remember at one store in Universal Citywalk, I was working there and we were tasked with changing all the prices and then labeling them as "50% off".
An item that cost the owners $1.50 at wholesale became $6.99 retail and then we had to bump up the price to $12.99 and say it was half off. This sort of thing is extremely common in retail, not just in supposed "discount" sites.

04-05-2006
backstage pass

I hate Bluefly.com with all my heart
amazingly bluefly has a bag I lusted for, for over 2 years on their site, in stock, omg. I decide to get it even though it is more than two mortgage payments - I know I wont be sorry. I order it with my trusty credit card. Oh no, there is a problem processing my credit card, please try again in 30 mins. I do and the bag is no longer in stock.

This is the second time that has happened to me. What a bunch of hooey.

04-05-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie80
amazingly bluefly has a bag I lusted for, for over 2 years on their site, in stock, omg. I decide to get it even though it is more than two mortgage payments - I know I wont be sorry. I order it with my trusty credit card. Oh no, there is a problem processing my credit card, please try again in 30 mins. I do and the bag is no longer in stock.

This is the second time that has happened to me. What a bunch of hooey.
Merged with existing "bluefly" thread. I tried to PM you about the move, but your PM function is turned off. If you would like to be notified about future moves, you may enable the PM function. In the future, however, please use the search function prior to posting.

~Madeleine Albright
04-05-2006
backstage pass

oh, thanks for moving me, I am glad I am not alone.

will turn my pm on

05-05-2006
V.I.P.

Is this legal? Can they really do this to consumers? I didn't know that about bluefly.

08-05-2006
backstage pass

Buyer beware sometimes...I recall a thread where we discussed Bluefly items and many times Bluefly may carry and sell the real thing, but dishonest customers return fakes....and I defintely would think that is occuring. Bluefly often only has one or 2 of the same bag, and it would be very easy for a fake to enter its supply...I have heard some of the designer boutiques won't authenticate bags anymore, but I am unsure.

08-05-2006
fashion elite

That is ridiculous! and what CT mentioned above is illegal.

Last edited by Plastic'sWife; 08-05-2006 at 04:47 PM.
10-05-2006
rising star

Wow, my appreciation for all things The Fashion Spot is growing daily. What I read here lead me to look up the review for www.bluefly.com at the National Better Business Bureau. Here is the review as found in on the BBB site:

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/b...age=1&id=85691

Interesting how bluefly has zero complaints in the last 12 months for sales practices or advertising issues. And only a total of 1 complaint for sales practices and advertising issues in the last 12-36 month period.

That doesn't mean that what the above posters are saying is false, but does indicate that if their practices are such a problem, that consumers are not distraught enough over it to make it an issue with the BBB.

13-05-2006
front row

i just bought from bluefly and their listed price was actually $60 less than actual retail.

13-05-2006
windowshopping

Thank you so much for posting! I actually considered ordering a pair of Chanel Ballet Flats from them but I am definitely re-thinking that now!

18-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
That is ridiculous! and what CT mentioned above is illegal.
I know! But it's true, I swear. The owners really had us do that, and this was a store in Universal Citywalk, which is very touristy, of course, so that is probably why this store can get away with this. They don't care, they will happily take your money if you give it indiscriminately.

04-06-2006
rising star

OK, I have News. A Bunch of People on other threads, especially on the Chloe Paddington Thread have said that BlueFly sells Fakes.

04-06-2006
Push it to pop it!

I doubt they sell fakes..

Maybe they have to increase prices on the more popular item that they know people will buy to balance out the cheaper items.. I have no idea though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blueflycom