How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2006
scenester

There are around 80 items from the collection on e-bay right now. There's a whole cluster of the little rock dresses so I bet it was that girl! This kinda makes you wonder if Topshop have stage managed this - drip feeding limited amounts of the collection as you're not telling me they couldn't manafacture more. The publicity must be wanted if you know what I mean.

14-05-2006
V.I.P.

^I think the distribution is actually down to being able to stock the collection for a longer tiime.

I'm disappointed that Topshop have gone down the H&M route of distribution. Their previous designer collaborations (Jens Laugesen, Sophia Kokosalaki) were never like this! The hype was never created for those collections like for this one - the press was unbelievable......at least 10 clippings I saw about the collection so the eBay mongers probably latched onto it which has now created this problem.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
14-05-2006
windowshopping

I was told they were going to be back in stock again soon by 2 different SA in Topshop. Donno how true it is tho? Has anybody heard about this bf?

15-05-2006
scenester

Piejor - I went to Oxford circus today and they had good amounts of monkey puzzle blouses, little rock halter necks and those frilly wrap shirts and dresses (can't remember what these ones were called!). The concierge assured me that they were going to be getting regular stock inc. the other designs from now on - I know they sell it in High Street Ken and selfridges topshop also. I got my blouse - hurrah!

15-05-2006
windowshopping

Thanks Katy!!

15-05-2006
backstage pass

I agree is horrid of the ebayers, I was desperate for the litte rock dress and went to my local store to purchase one on Friday morning, everything had gone . The thing that gets me is that the SAs happily tell you that people were buying bag loads of stuff in any size, its pretty obvious what they are doing with it. It should be restricted in some way, but I am not sure how they could do it as people would just keep going back in I guess
I gather ebay is now my only option as I really want one. It sucks big time.

16-05-2006
windowshopping

I had an e-mail from topshop (after I complained about their on-line ordering) that said they would be for sale again on Friday. But they were very vague about it. A friend of mine spent about 170 for one on ebay! The original e-mail I got saying that the red rock dress was out of stock said that they wouldn't be getting any more of those ones in, but they will probably be getting different ones.
Vicki

17-05-2006
front row

I got the green monkey dress today! Not sure what its exact name is but it's the shirt dress with the green prints, and brown waist sash-like thing. Was really excited to see it, because I got the tipoff that stock was going on sale at 12 online on opening day, but I had exams so I didn't get the email until 5 pm, by then, the stock had mostly sold out. So I was very pleased to find one today, when I was casually browsing around Topshop in Selfridges, Bullring, Birmingham, they only had two pieces left..the dress I bought ( size 6 ) and the red monkey puzzle scarf, I think. Soooo happy!

17-05-2006
windowshopping

I got mine today and I was really disappointed! The stitching is coming undone along where the buttons are- looks like someone's tried to put it on when it's the wrong size and ripped it. So it's going back, :-(

19-05-2006
scenester

Vickizoso - yes the quality of these clothes is no better or worse than the normal topshop stuff - I tried on one of these dresses that was ripped near the buttons - it was probaly ripped from two ladies fighting over it! I guess it is just the history behind them and the great prints that make them so popular - that's why I like them. lick1987 - that is the monkey puzzle dress, I have the blouse and love love love it, if I can find the dress in the right size I will be getting it too!

19-05-2006
V.I.P.

I got the monkey puzzle dress but I had to return it because the cotton is so sheer..... and the threads were coming away loose...I'm sorry but the garment was sub Topshop standard! I ended up exchanging it for some much better Boutique stuff.... as soon as I returned it, some girl snapped it up straight away.....

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
19-05-2006
scenester

That's madness - she grabbed it even though it was ripped! I love birtwell prints but I would never pick up a faulty dress.

22-05-2006
front row

For anyone who has bought the monkey puzzle scarf, how are you going to wear it? Not quite sure what to do with mine now I have it, but I it!!!

windowshopping

Managed to get one of the red rock dresses when they went onsale on line on Friday and it came this morning. I wish topshop would be a little more consistent with their sizes. The ripped one I got the other day was a 12 and it was tiny, so I ordered a 14 in the red rock and it's massive! We ordered a 10 for my friend as well and it fits me just perfectly so I'm having the 10 and hopefully sell the 14 and buy a 6 or 8 with the proceeds. It's below knee length on me (I'm only 5'4) but I love it!

24-05-2006
tfs star

The red rock dress hasn't appeared in my topshop at all and it's sold out online. Shame, it was the only one piece of Celia Birtwell's i liked.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birtwell, celia, topshop