How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2006
kabhi alvida

It's only the sizing that puts me off-my little rock dress is a size 14-and I'm usually a 8/10 in the oxford circus topshop! Ok, i admit that is very loose, but I had to get it that big 'cause my chest wouldn't fit anything else!

08-06-2006
backstage pass

I am disgusted in the quality of my little rock dress. It has tears all through the seams and even through the fabric itself. AND the dye ran! It was worn once and carefully handwashed. Have sent it off to the cleaner to see what they can do but it's destined for the bin. Shame, everyone commented how gorgeous it looked.

08-06-2006
V.I.P.

^I'm sorry to hear that Morriseel.... did you cold hand-wash it?

As soon as I received my Monkey Puzzle dress, I just knew the quality was waaaay off. It was SUB- Topshop standard for god's sake! I can't even believe that they got away with this shoddy quality without getting too many complaints.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
08-06-2006
backstage pass

moriseel, mine is EXACTLY the same as yours. I am embarrassed to say though that I wanted it soo much I was willing to still purchase it as I was lucky enough to find the white one in my store, but I am guessing because it was the ONLY one there, that somebody else has returned it, as it is so threadbare, and they have put it straight back out as they know somebody will buy it, in whatever state
I am taking mine on holiday on saturday, and I think I will probably be able to wear it once before it falls apart. If it does, I shall return it to topshop when I return......... its such a sham, like you I love the pattern, but it looks terrible close up

11-06-2006
backstage pass

^^ Yes I did cold hand wash. Very g-e-n-t-l-y

CHloe babe it's a disgrace isn't it that Celia Birtwell has put alot of creativity into these designs and Topshop can't delivery on even a sub-standard of quality. I wonder if they care?

11-06-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
As soon as I received my Monkey Puzzle dress, I just knew the quality was waaaay off. It was SUB- Topshop standard for god's sake! I can't even believe that they got away with this shoddy quality without getting too many complaints.
Agreed. The quality of these is terrible...I saw several pieces at Selfridges and each piece I picked up was worst quality than the last.

11-06-2006
backstage pass

is topshop a women only store?

11-06-2006
V.I.P.

No..... its male counterpart is called Topman..... which is quite good but not as impressive as Topshop.
There's also now a kids range too.

03-11-2006
V.I.P.

i saw pics of the new collection...on fashionologie or stylebubble...i forget which. theres a blurb about it in wwd today.

TOPSHOP ENCORE: Celia Birtwell is set for an encore performance at Topshop. The print and textile designer, who was married to Ossie Clark and was a muse for painter David Hockney, will collaborate on a second capsule collection for Topshop. Her first collection, which hit shop floors last April, caused an uproar at Topshop's Oxford Circus flagship, with shoppers tearing items out of one another's hands. Topshop finally had to ration each customer to two items. The latest collection, featuring silk chiffon lingerie and plasticized printed handbags, will have two delivery dates, Nov. 20 and 27, and will be available across the U.K. The collection includes blouses and dresses featuring seven of Birtwell's archive prints. Colors are green, black, red and blue and prices range from 32 pounds, or $60, to 75 pounds, or $143. "There is a timeless quality in [Celia's] designs that makes them as covetable today as they were in the Seventies," said Topshop brand director Jane Shepherdson. "Celia is inspiring to work with."

03-11-2006
tfs star

shame the quality isn't timeless..

17-11-2006
front row

im so glad she's doing this again! I completely missed out the first time : (

19-11-2006
fashion elite

I missed out the first time too but the thought of a million and one girls walking around dressed in exactly the same outfit deters me from joining the rush to get anything from the range.

19-11-2006
V.I.P.

Seen the new pieces in person...the quality is mildly better probably because the quality of fabric needs to be higher for the sake of winter wear.
But the designs are not all that fab....

19-11-2006
kabhi alvida

really? no point in going in tomorrow then?

Adorable illusion

I saw the blue print dresses and the black and red printed ones along with some blouses. The blue dress is the only thing from the collection for A/W I actually like.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birtwell, celia, topshop