How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-04-2006
scenester

I was there as well. It was insane. There were like hundreds of people and the 400 pieces disappeared in minutes.

Anyway, managed to get the little rock halter top which I love the most and the mystic daisy dress which looked good on me but is not planned.

Can't wait for 9 May to come, but don't think I will go to the store on that day. I'd like to shop on their website instead.

27-04-2006
scenester

I loved some of the pieces that they showed on the Topshop website. So the clothes will be up on May 9th on topshop.com? That's my only chance at getting it cuz I live in the States...

28-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieee12
I loved some of the pieces that they showed on the Topshop website. So the clothes will be up on May 9th on topshop.com? That's my only chance at getting it cuz I live in the States...
Yeah I think so. I read it in some magazine which says buying online is the best choice to skip the queue.

05-05-2006
scenester

Okay I went into Topshop today to ask again and they are saying 12th May general release to 100 stores nationwide in the UK. They seem to be changing the dates all the time at the moment - trying to stage manage demand I guess.... They didn't seem to know about online. Alternatively we could all head to ebay where some rather cynical people clearly only went to grab what they could and then sell on - rather annoying when some of us actually like her stuff and wanted to purchase it to actually use and not profit from! Still I guess that's the way of the world - I know the same thing happened with the Stella for H&M stuff too.

12-05-2006
windowshopping

Some Celia Birtwell stuff went on sale this afternoon at 12pm on the topshop website. A lot of it had sold out even by 10 past (I had to buy a size bigger than I am), but there was still a little bit on there a while ago. I think her designs are beautiful, I just hope they fit me and look nice!

12-05-2006
windowshopping

Officially they would start the sale at 12. When I went at half 11, they were already availbe to purchase!:p

12-05-2006
kabhi alvida

I got my hands on the red little rock dress, after a lot of calling Topshops. I couldn't be bothered to get up early (after lying in bed and telling myself it wasn't worth it) so I went into central at my normal time before my lectures. Before I left home I called the Strand, and a patronising assistant told me there was one red dress left, she couldn't reserve it,(I didnt even ask her to) and it would probably be gone within the hour. I called High St Ken on the train, and a very nice S.A. told me that there was one red dress-and then as I was on the phone to her told me someone had picked it up and it had sold out. I didn't even bother calling Oxford Street. So I rushed to the Strand and saw one lone rack of dresses there, with just one red dress left.So I guess it hadn't gone within the hour.I rushed to pick it up,and paid. I was glad I didn't let it go as if I had gone a few minutes later, I'm pretty sure a group of Americans would have-they weren't too impressed with the green dresses left but they were eyeing mine. And what I would have absolutely refused to do was go onto ebay. They are thieves-I cannot believe the Buy it now prices on some-they even go onto 200.

I am going to customise mine though, by wearing a tiny, thin black belt to hitch it up - it comes to the knee, but I want it shorter!

kabhi alvida

credit: ebay.

V.I.P.

I got the dress I wanted on the website today when Fashion Confidential tipped me off via email that new stock would be added at precisely 12pm today and sure enough, come 12 pm the website was replenished again!
I kinda only wanted this one dress from the collection so I'm glad I didn't have to resort to ebay hiked up prices.
pic: ebay.co.uk

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
13-05-2006
windowshopping

I ordered 2 from topshop (went on line at 10 past 12)- the monkey puzzle one and the red rock one- I find topshop can be funny with sizing so I got 2 different sizes. Just as well I did though- a couple of hours after I'd got my confirmation e-mail I got another one saying that the red rock one had sold out! Now I'm just hoping I can squeeze into the other one, which is the smaller size. I really really wanted the mystic daisy dress but they didn't have any.
Vicki
ps If you sign up to topshop's newsletter you find out in advance when they're going on sale.

13-05-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess
And what I would have absolutely refused to do was go onto ebay. They are thieves-I cannot believe the Buy it now prices on some-they even go onto 200.
Oh my god those e-bayers!! They are so awful! The mystic Daisy blouse I bought went for over 150 pounds on e-bay last week, there were a lot of people selling 3 or 4 items at once so clearly they just scooped up what they could get not because they liked the stuff or admired celia birtwell like some of us but purely to sell. It makes me so angry I agree with you impossibleprincess, I refuse to buy these dresses on e-bay.

13-05-2006
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickizoso
I ordered 2 from topshop (went on line at 10 past 12)- the monkey puzzle one and the red rock one- I find topshop can be funny with sizing so I got 2 different sizes. Just as well I did though- a couple of hours after I'd got my confirmation e-mail I got another one saying that the red rock one had sold out! Now I'm just hoping I can squeeze into the other one, which is the smaller size. I really really wanted the mystic daisy dress but they didn't have any.
Vicki
ps If you sign up to topshop's newsletter you find out in advance when they're going on sale.
That's what I thought would happen online, so I was weary of it. They tell you you have something and then they send you a mail to tell you they're all out.

And the sizing is weird-ok, my figure is a little weird-I'm a size 8/10 but I have a large chest. I bought the last red rock dress in store, at the Strand, and it was a size 14.(I figured beggars can't be choosers) It is loose on my waist and hips so I cinch it in with the tiny belt I also make it shorter with, as I want it to be mini and not knee length (but I wouldn't go at it with a pair of scissors or thread). It won't button up at my chest! So I guess I'll have to wear it slightly unbuttoned with a black slip/vest top underneath. I wasn't even planning on doing the top button but the second one won't go up either.

Kate, I know what you mean. What I found weird was that when I was in Oxford St a few weeks ago, I saw a sign saying customers could only get one item each because of demand. I guess they let that rule slip.

windowshopping

Yeah! I was shocked to see a gal bought 3 little rock dresses without any trouble from the SA.... I wanted to punch her when somebody was asking if she was returning any but she aggresively said I AM TAKING THEM ALL! :p

13-05-2006
kabhi alvida

I bet she's selling them on ebay now. There is a seller who's put that many up.

I went at around 11.30-12 and thats when I got mine, so you didnt necessarily have to go very early.

windowshopping

I bet she is!!! Cannot believe ppl r charging 150 for sth cost them 45!!! But it seems nobody is buying tho!! Haha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birtwell, celia, topshop