How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
24-05-2006
  1
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 433
Chanel Pret-a-porter Sizing Help!
I'm *usually* a size 34 when it comes to Chanel trousers/shorts/jeans etc and I'm a 36-38 on their tops, depending on the fabric (though 36 on my tweed jackets)

I've been told by a french friend that the smallest size Chanel offers is a size 34. Can someone confirm that?

Also, what is the equivalent of a 34 Chanel (trousers) in American?

Please don't tell me a size 34 chanel = size 4 American.

I'm gonna die. I've always thought 34 is a size 0... or 2 at a minimum.

to give you a background on my dilemma, you may want to read this... (and please post comments there... sorry)

http://www.bryanboy.com/bryanboy_le_...st_dream_.html

muchos muchos gracias to the fashion spot people.

  Reply With Quote
 
24-05-2006
  2
trendsetter
 
Lily530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in my powder pink boudoir
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,373
While I don't own any Chanel pret-a-porter, I believe that a size 34 is equivalent to a US size 2, not a 4.
I DO know that 34 is indeed the smallest size...whether it is a 0 or 2, I'm not sure.

  Reply With Quote
24-05-2006
  3
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,910
chanel def runs small...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
25-05-2006
  4
trendsetter
 
Lily530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in my powder pink boudoir
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
chanel def runs small...
Would a size 36 safely fit a US size 2?

  Reply With Quote
25-05-2006
  5
V.I.P.
 
nextnewface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,863
I think so!

__________________
Your clothes are all made by Balmain...
and there's diamonds and pearls in your hair...
  Reply With Quote
25-05-2006
  6
V.I.P.
 
Caffeine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Williamsburg, NY
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanboy
I'm *usually* a size 34 when it comes to Chanel trousers/shorts/jeans etc and I'm a 36-38 on their tops, depending on the fabric (though 36 on my tweed jackets)

I've been told by a french friend that the smallest size Chanel offers is a size 34. Can someone confirm that?

Also, what is the equivalent of a 34 Chanel (trousers) in American?

Please don't tell me a size 34 chanel = size 4 American.

I'm gonna die. I've always thought 34 is a size 0... or 2 at a minimum.

to give you a background on my dilemma, you may want to read this... (and please post comments there... sorry)

http://www.bryanboy.com/bryanboy_le_...st_dream_.html

muchos muchos gracias to the fashion spot people.
I can confirm that Chanel's smallest size carried everywhere is size 34.
Their trousers are like American designer's 2 or 0 depending on the styles. I personally find their waist a little too generous for me.
Their size do vary from season to season. for example, FW05 was significantly larger than SS05's sizes.
The good news is that everything can be tailored without any add'l cost if you buy at full price.

  Reply With Quote
25-05-2006
  7
V.I.P.
 
Caffeine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Williamsburg, NY
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily530
Would a size 36 safely fit a US size 2?
depending on which US designer you are referring to...Proenza and Schouler, for instance, is a lot larger...I bet their size 2 is larger than Chanel's 36. US sizes are very random based on my personal experience. I found Chanel close to Balenciaga's sizes except for the legs...Balenciaga legs are tiny

  Reply With Quote
26-03-2013
  8
scenester
 
fuchimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 50
This might be a long shot, but does anybody know how Chanel sizing compares to Isabel Marant?

I'm thinking about a pair of pants from the 2006 autumn collection. If I'm a 0 in Isabel Marant, would a 36 in Chanel work?

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2013
  9
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuchimama View Post
This might be a long shot, but does anybody know how Chanel sizing compares to Isabel Marant?

I'm thinking about a pair of pants from the 2006 autumn collection. If I'm a 0 in Isabel Marant, would a 36 in Chanel work?
yes, it should...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior




Last edited by softgrey; 27-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, pretaporter, sizing
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.