How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-12-2009
windowshopping

This sounds like just the thread for me! But I find that if you have a small budget you don't have to buy peices that lack quality. (Although, forever 21 has saved my life a couple times). I shop primarily at Forever 21, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and vintage or thrift stores. I buy higher end items for low prices. Here are some deals that I've scored:
-Christian Dior Vest $8
-Burberry Headband $19
-Burberry Silver Check Clutch $19
-Burberry Teddy Bear $9
-Burberry 100% Chashmere Earmuffs $29
-Burberry Poncho $69
-Burberry EyeGlass Case $19
-Juicy black terry capris $8
-Ellie Tahari Jeans $6
-Juicy Pink terry pants $12
-100% Cashmere Sweater $12 (no name)
-Miss Sixty top $3
-James Perce Skirt $1
-LA Made Tank $1
-Design History Tank $3
-C&C Tank $2
-Free People Tank $2
-2 LA Made Tanks $2 ea.
-Free people top $5
-Free people dress $10
-Kate Spade Rain Flats $10
-2 LP Belts $7 ea.
-Ellie Tahari Blazer. $20 Orgional was somewhere around $400
-Michael stars Cami$5
-AG Skinnies$29
-Michael Stars Cami $3.50
-Mui Mui Sunglasses $19.99
-Mui Mui Sunglasses Case/Cleaner/Box $3.99
-Joe's Jeans $60
-Ugg Slippers $30
-100% Silk development by erica Davis (orig. around $500) for $29
-DKNY Silk dress $29
-Ali Ra Dress $20
-Velvet Dress $20
-Juicy Couture Capris in Navy $20
-Black Label Ralph Lauren Navy Polo (Org. $255) for $15
-Velor Juicy Couture Zip-up in sky blue $12
-French Connection LBD $7
-Oscar de la Renta Dress $3
-Free People top $7
-Free People Dress $10
-Wolford Tights $10
-Givenchy Tights $2 ea.

Oh gosh that's a lot! Its not that I never buy things at full price, but I get a rush out of getting expencive stuff for cheep. I also have countless other thing like BCBG tops and dresses for $10-$20, Cashmere sweaters for $10-$20. I now make a point of not buying things I know I can get at a lower price.

I also have a blog where I update with what I get, love, like, etc. but I don't know If I'm allowed to post the link.

27-12-2009
Amour Comme Hiver

Wow, when it comes to shopping you rock! What kind of vintage stores do you go to? Cause the best I've ever found at thrift stores were a BCBG dress for $3.50, a Betsey Johnson dress for around the same, and a Betsey top for $1.75.

27-12-2009
rising star

I'd love to check out your blog FashionST, your buys sound AMAZING!!!!!!

27-12-2009
windowshopping

Thanks everyone! Honestly, I live in a city where fashion is not important, at all. So most people don't recognize most brands. I stop by Marshall's at least 1 time per week, there's one very close to my house which is where I get the majority of my wardrobe. Also, Whenever a store closes, even if I've never been there before, I check it out even if its with in the last week (When Filene's Basement was closing i got a lot of good stuff, and when a local department store closed I got my mannequin). For vintage, there's just one that I know of in my part of town(That would acctually make sence for me to go to), and they usuallly over price stuff. But when they have discounts or damaged items, I jump. Like a $3 Vince Sweater or a $2 C&C California top. And my $8 christian dior vest had a stain on the inside (some weird green something, I don't even know), but we got it dry cleaned and it came out good as new. I've also been to a few thrift stores once or twice, I got ellie tahari jeans for $5 and a splendid cardigan for $3 at goodwill, and the oscar de la renta dress for less than $3 at a local thrift store. The most important thing you need when shopping for bargans is time and patience.

27-12-2009
oh! darling

^ Wonderful. Thank you.

I guess consignment stores that take designer goods are probably good places to search. I actually saw one consignment store that was selling a fake Prada bag on its shelves. WTF? My mother actually got a pair of Prada shoes at Goodwill.

tfs star

WOW I cannot beat FashionST,I mean I've brought secondhand designer stuff but never at those prices! except for a YSL mens shirt I just wear around the house.
Though recently I brought a MaxMara skirt in my department store,that was 90% off,marked down to 95$ from 555$. Best find ever.

28-12-2009
windowshopping

Most of it was acctually bought new. Crazy right? And they weren't like old weird styles that looked ugly. I did do some of that at the burberry sample sale at woodbury commons, and at woodbury commons, and century 21 in NYC. But aside from that, on an everyday basis I shop mostly at Marshalls. Its harder for me to make it out to the thrift and consignment stores.

you set the scene

^I'm actually inspired to go to Marshalls now!

28-04-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Hmmm. Waiting for the next round of yellow stickers. I think it happens around the first part of June?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bargain, cheap, chic, hunting