How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2009
backstage pass

I'm curious, who all do most of you buy Christmas presents for? Immediate family, extended family, friends, etc....?

I'm just wondering because I'm at that age where I need to start buying gifts for people Not sure who I would include and who I wouldn't!

11-11-2009
fashion insider

^^ Def. Start with the parents,Boyfriend/Girlfriend, sisters/brothers, BFF's ......MAYBE neices/nephews, but if you are like me and have a million of them, I would def overlook them. Another thing we end up doing is draw names out of a hat and we exchange gifts with that person. And if you know someone who is going to give you a gift, that maybe is not imediate family/or real close friend ( maybe the person is a coworker or something) you should def. return the favor, even if it is something small.

Last edited by Gaultier_Bandit; 11-11-2009 at 02:21 AM.
11-11-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav_ View Post
I'm curious, who all do most of you buy Christmas presents for? Immediate family, extended family, friends, etc....?

I'm just wondering because I'm at that age where I need to start buying gifts for people Not sure who I would include and who I wouldn't!
Here's my buying list and what they are getting (hopefully they don't read this)-

Mother (a hand cut crystal horse, that is made from Irish crystal, apparently it is a dying art like couture and is going up in value over the years so it sold to the investor in me. Cost: $400 my mum is going to bitch at me for spending so much but I love it.
Father - He is getting a leather work case and a giant Octoberfest style beer mug Cost:
Sister - not getting much this christmas from me she isn't speaking at me because I accidentally ate her pineapple yes she is petty. I am thinking of getting her a huge load of pineapples

BFF 1- we are going to New York at some time next year but it keeps getting pushed back further and further and one thing that is on our list of things to do is go running in Central Park wearing burberry earmuffs, so I bought her the earmuffs in preperation cost: $150 + p&p
BFF 2 - marc jacobs earrings and prob some form of chocolate
BFF 3 - haven't decided yet but nothing more than $50

grandma/pa: no idea yet, was going to buy her a high tea serving thing but apparently "shes getting rid of all that crap before she dies" according to my mum
A friend overseas who I and stay with her when in England, because she is the nicest person ever. She is getting a thing for her horse (sparkley browband if anyone knows what I'm talking about) cost $100
BF - not that I ever have to worry about this
my lovely secret santa elf from here - top secret
Also: I'm getting little things for the kids I nanny like santa pens and stuff. I was going to go all out and buy them presents that were worth $$$ because they are the only kids I have to buy for and its fun but I found some chloe shoes that I want the most and the kids will squeal over an icy pole so they are an easy buy
Anyone more distant I'm not buying for but maybe just get a few stocking fillers for the kids if you are so inclined.

11-11-2009
fashion insider

I don't have many people to buy for, but I think that's good, it means I can get better presents for those people. Although both of my parents have birthdays near Christmas too, which means I have to buy them two things!

My list:
Dad
Mum
Brother
tFS Secret Santa Elf
Work Secret Santa

But I don't know what I'm buying anyone yet! I've just started thinking about it this week.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Of Love View Post
I have turned into a complete christmas-a-holic
me too! well, actually ive always been since i was a child so... there hasnt changed much, but still i just love the whole christmas-mood, the songs, the decorations, the ginger-bread (especially! haha) and of course the hunt for presents - even though i always have to start thinking about ideas in september or october because i never know what i should give to my loved ones. and speaking of giving and presents: i only present my family (dad, mum, grandparents), my best friend + boyfriend. i just dont think its necessary to give a present to everyone i know, or each one of my friends.
i mean, of course, usually i bake some cookies and so i will give some of them to my friends, as kind of "present" but nothing more.

13-11-2009
trendsetter

I'm so so so excited for Christmas! One of the radio stations is already on "Christmas only" music! I haven't really bought anything yet but I'm starting to get ideas, I'm probably going to get a lot of my shopping done on black friday. I wish it would snow.

13-11-2009
front row

I actually really love Christmas shopping, but my family do not celebrate it since we've always lived where its been too hot to really get into the festive mood...and my boyfriend doesn't celebrate either, so shopping is always limited;
**Best friend #1 in UK
**Best friend #2 in USA
**Good friend in Canada
**TFS Secret Elf --> the only person who I've already bought something for and enjoyed figuring out what to buy

13-11-2009
backstage pass

my list:
mom
dad
brother 1
brother 2
sister

boyfriend
+ his family [mom, dad, sister, her boyfriend]

+ friend

13-11-2009
V.I.P.

I make soaps!
hand made soaps are great gift.
you can make whatever kind of soaps, scrub soaps, honey soaps...etc. just use imagination!
and it is fun also.

and I also make my own gift wraps, from magazines...newspapers...painting etc.
I alerady started and it is so so much fun.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Thankfully, my mum is going to Thailand, so I don't have to pretend that I celebrate Christmas...it's also cheaper not to No, seriously, no Christmas for me this year.
WHAT!? That's no fun! You can come to Iowa in the U.S. and celebrate with me.

I looooove the Holidays. Unfortunately, my fiance and I have had to budget A LOT this year, so I'm forgoing gift exchanges with a lot of my pals... but just the idea of the Holidays gets me giddy. I'm going home for Thanksgiving for the first time in four years, AND back again for Christmas and New Years. To me, the Holidays are really about family - oh, and treats, snow, cold weather, hot chocolate, etc.!

13-11-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
I make soaps!
hand made soaps are great gift.
That's a fantastic idea!

14-11-2009
rising star

^^^^
I would probably try out making soap and instead accidentally make a bomb out of the chemicals or something! I think its safer for everyone if I just buy gifts I might try and make candy canes or something but thats the extent of it!

14-11-2009
fashion icon

I've enjoyed reading this thread because it all seems so alien to me

I am Scrooge

14-11-2009
fashion insider

omg xmas shopping is soo difficult for me.. i get sidetracked at all the sales and buy myself way too many presents!

my gift list-
Mom: i'm thinking of getting her some lululemon pants. she loves to workout!
StepDad: thinking of getting him some coasters i saw at michael's. you can put photos in them. he drinks a bunch of coffee.
BF: a watch.. just don't know what kind yet. or these dress shoes he's been eyeing.
Brother: he wants a ps3 controller. easy!
Sister: another easy one. she wants clothes.

and of course i always buy myself stuff.. year round! hahhaha

14-11-2009
in the mood for love

i have no idea what to get for my boyfriend... he would love a ps3 game but i'm sick of him playing those games, lol.

this year i'll be making and buying lots of handmade things from etsy, folksy, etc. and something from Lush because they have some amazing bath bombs!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, christmas