How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2008
trendsetter

^I've only ever seen them situated in larger cities; NYC and DC, etc. And even then they aren't all that common/well known among the general public. There's a small-ish one near my family, but they live just outside a major city on the east coast.

I didn't know it was Canadian, maybe I need to take a shopping trip up there. Are there a lot of CM outlets?

03-02-2008
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
^I've only ever seen them situated in larger cities; NYC and DC, etc. And even then they aren't all that common/well known among the general public. There's a small-ish one near my family, but they live just outside a major city on the east coast.

I didn't know it was Canadian, maybe I need to take a shopping trip up there. Are there a lot of CM outlets?
I'm not sure if there are any to be honest. There aren't a lot of outlets in general in Canada. Maybe something in Ontario? As for CM, they're pretty well known in Canada since there are quite a few locations in every city. Also now that I think of it, the clothing is more expensive in Canada even though the conversion is about the same now so you're just better of buying it in the states.

They started out as a Canadian company but have been bought over by the Polo group.

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 03-02-2008 at 12:16 AM.
03-02-2008
i'm almost ready..

i love club monaco...it's one of the shops i miss most from nth america...

03-02-2008
i'm almost ready..

keri russell wears a lot of club monaco..she always looks amazing in it imo..

this is one of my favourite dresses...i wish i could have got hold of one..

instyle

03-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Mchunu<3, do you own a boutique or store next to the CM in DC? Or just a store you like? I very much liked the CM in Georgetown, so much less crowded and the SA was nicer than BR or anywhere else around there.
oh no i don't own a store, i work in A&F in a mall right outside of DC :p
i could PM you and let you know exactly where i'm talking about

But on Club Monaco, i do agree with them being far too expensive. from time to time they do have a piece that is blue or red, but yes just about 98% of the clothes they make are B&W. If you're that limited in the colour of clothes you make, how the HECK are you going to charge customers an arm & a leg?

Anyway, their jackets & vests actually look dior homme-ish.

rising star

really cute trendy clothes, but waaaay overpriced. the prices aren't a big deal, though, because as someone said before, the sales are great. it's not uncommon to snag a pair of pants for $19 when it originally was $99+. the bottoms run big, but they now have 00 in dress pants, which is is awesome for petite girls.

03-02-2008
once more, with feeling

i agree with whoever said the jackets are cut better than j. crew or banana republic. when i was suit shopping, i tried on jackets from all three and settled on the one from club monaco. it fit the best and looked the most modern.

front row

Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure if there are any to be honest. There aren't a lot of outlets in general in Canada. Maybe something in Ontario?
There used to be CM outlets in Toronto. I live in the suburbs just outside of the city there were 2 outlets that weren't too far away from where I live. Unfortunately, both closed so I'm thinking that outlets don't exist anymore.

However, I recall the stuff in the outlets were a lot worse than the clothing we see in stores now. Mostly basics like plain tees, tanks, sweaters; suits materials were all jersey/cotton, wool (no silk or satin). However, I think the sales items in the regular stores now are already quite good, especially for the selection they give you.

It does seem to be 90% b/w now though....they used to have more colours I think. The only 'other' colours I feel like I ever see are jewel tones...

05-02-2008
trendsetter

^Thanks for that! I guess I won't be making a trip up there just yet. Their palette is really restricted to b/w, with either pale cremes and pinks or jewel tones, its true. Which is ok for work and professional settings.

The prices are high but its tough since they have such good cut/fit! The only CM I've been to doesn't seem to have sales very regularly. I did catch the very tailend of one in January though. The price difference between regular retail and sale price was astounding! I did get a pair of pants for $19, how much are they marking up

Last edited by lollicandy; 05-02-2008 at 11:01 PM.
06-02-2008
scenester

love it but i agree it's overpriced! But i bought quite a lot recently as it's on sale and we have "buy 4 get extra 20% off" here which is really nice deal.:p

front row

oh club monaco has such nice office wear. the sales are awesome because their clothes don't look as cheap as how much they might be (only when they're on sale though....) pretty good quality stuff, i got too many things from there...

thus: my closet is entirely black and white..and grey

14-07-2008
V.I.P.

Love their pre fall belt collections.

The thick slim black patent belts are DELISH, and love the python belts too.......

30-11-2008
fashion icon

I love the Lilian petal skirt so much... When do their sales start? I'm in Hong Kong.

30-11-2008
Ina
rising star

i was in CM the other day and they did have a few colorful pieces as well...

30-11-2008
still here

the other day I discovered that you can get 20% off at Club Monaco with a student ID

and they're not that strict about it either...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
club, monaco