How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Club Monaco
I can't believe we don't have a thread on this already. Great designs at a great price.

Quote:
Club Monaco is an international retail brand known for great modern style for both men and women. Club Monaco is built on the philosophy that classic pieces combined with modern style create a timeless look. Club Monaco offers updated classics that last forever but also have the feeling of the moment. Always celebrating great style, classics are given modern take through great design and a current sensibility. Under the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation, Club Monaco has enjoyed expansion across the United States, and continues its growth plans both in the US and internationally. Currently, Club Monaco operates 65 stores in the US and Canada.

maplelake.com

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Club Monaco Womens S/S 07
Shot by Peter Lindbergh
clubmonaco.com

02-07-2007
V.I.P.

Club Monaco Mens S/S 07
Shot by Peter Lindbergh
clubmonaco.com

24-10-2007
rising star

I love Club Monaco clothes. The fall 07 collection is great!

28-10-2007
V.I.P.

my store is right next to Club Monaco
but they only sell gray,black & white

rising star

Most of my outfits are grey, black and white.

Does Club Monaco have outlets? I'm looking for a top from last season and I don't know where to look for it.

30-01-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by limo View Post
Most of my outfits are grey, black and white.

Does Club Monaco have outlets? I'm looking for a top from last season and I don't know where to look for it.
They do, at least in Canada.

30-01-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
but they only sell gray,black & white
My dad refers to this store as the "Black and White Store"!

But I do love their clothes. I think their designs are getting better (or maybe i was just too young before to appreciate it). It's still kind of expensive though, for a non-designer brand. I saw this "college" blazer a la Balenciaga there, but it was $290 I think.

02-02-2008
fashion icon

I really like what they do, but I think they're too expensive... for me anyway.

And yes I love that blazer!!! But not for US$249

02-02-2008
trendsetter

Their sales are amazing.. I got a $250 cashmere v-neck for $39 in the middle of summer. they had all the sizes available, too.

02-02-2008
front row

Love CM! always classic, mostly well tailored and sophisticated yet simple clothing.
I agree that the prices are on the high side...but as fashion_boi said, the prices are great during sales, and always plenty of sizes.
Too bad they got rid of the outlets (in the GTA area at least). I used to stock up there

02-02-2008
rising star

Their suits are fantastic. They are very feminine and fit me very well. They also have amazing skirts. This fall I bought amazing white jacket for $39 (on sale from $199). I just came back from shopping and they have a lot of really nice (and expensive) things for Spring '08. They are a bit pricey, but their quality is really good.

02-02-2008
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
Love CM! always classic, mostly well tailored and sophisticated yet simple clothing.
I agree that the prices are on the high side...but as fashion_boi said, the prices are great during sales, and always plenty of sizes.
Too bad they got rid of the outlets (in the GTA area at least). I used to stock up there
If you compare the prices to Banana Republic they are about the same and imo much superior. If i'm paying the same price for their clothes, i'd rather get something much more sleek, modern, and better fitting at CM.

02-02-2008
trendsetter

Mchunu<3, do you own a boutique or store next to the CM in DC? Or just a store you like? I very much liked the CM in Georgetown, so much less crowded and the SA was nicer than BR or anywhere else around there.

^I agree, I think the cut of the clothing, especially the jackets, are much better than BR or J Crew. Its a shame they're a bit on the expensive side, especially if you are a student or just out of school. I heard from a SA that the 'Club Jacket' is already sold out of most stores. I can think of several things I'd love to get right now: the bow tie 'Emily' blouse, the 'Drea Peacoat' (very badly! but right now I can't as I have to replace my laptop and ipod and get a new scanner ), the Wilhelmina belt, the 3/4 sleeve double breasted cardigan.

I don't find many clothes at BR, they're cut large and boring. J. Crew, I don't care for, too 'preppy'. I wish we had a CM outlet near here!

02-02-2008
princely

Just a question for members int h states. Are there alot of CM stores around or arethey situated mainly in certain cities? Since it's a Canadian company there are quite a few around here in every city.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
club, monaco