How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
It's so funny because the idea of these ripped/paint splattered jeans is so A&F 5 years ago, but something about the way they do it feels fresh. don't know why. Maybe just the styling.
You are so right. I think that's their secret. 1) Product placement 2) Styling. I have seen these jeans modeled at several stores online such as Revolve, Chickdowntown, Neiman Marcus, etc. and at some of these stores, I'm like and at other places (like Chickdowntown), they look GREAT.

We stocked them at the boutique I used to work at and personally, I think they only work for certain people. For those people, the price is great. But for others, I think a $80 pair of A&F jeans would be MUCH more flattering and fashionable.

25-10-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochasfille View Post
^I don't think I would call them frail - lightweight would be a better term. They are very comfortable and don't have that stiff feeling that a lot of other jeans do, if that makes sense.
I dont know...when I tried them on they are so lightweight that I almost put my foot through the ripped knee hole and heard the threads start to shread fairly easiy if I wasnt careful I would have turned them into trashed jeans. I would say frail is accurate, japanese denim or not.

Last edited by luckyme; 25-10-2008 at 07:36 AM.
25-10-2008
Empire State of Mind

It's good to know that the demin is very soft and gives in. I'm just not happy with rigid denim.

When I first saw them I wasn't sure if they are worth the money mainly for the reason that I was afraid that they might look dated. It's not too long ago that splattered and ripped jeans were in style. I still have a Paper Denim pair that is in that style but I don't feel like wearing it anymore. I do hope that I'll get more wear our of these (if I get them). I also agree that there's something that sets them apart from the typical A&F or AE jeans but I'm not sure if it's the shape or cut.

25-10-2008
fashion icon

^The cut is phenomenal - I think that is what sets them apart. I must add, though, that today I put my foot through the rip at the knee putting them on, and now the hole is somewhat bigger. I like the destruction aspect, though. I think I like them even more now - now they are personal!

Empire State of Mind

Now I'm really intrigued and can't wait to get a pair. Hopefully the 25 will fit me. Thanks for your input.

26-10-2008
fashion icon

Here are two skirts I love from the line (I just ordered the black):

Pencil Skirt in Loved Wash (singer 22)

Over-Dyed Pencil Skirt (eluxury)

Empire State of Mind

I saw those skirts on revolveclothing and was actually thinking about ordering the black one too (as I have a coupon code). Please let me know how it fits and how you like it when you receive it.

26-10-2008
fashion icon

^Will do. But I won't be receiving it until mid-November. I wish I had known it was in stock elsewhere so I could get it sooner. I would expect it fits amazing, though.

rising star

I think Current/Elliott gifted the heck out of all the female celebrities with their boyfriend style - we have seen a ton of celebs wearing them lately. Personally I still can't get on board with the boyfriend style, they are just not flattering to a woman's figure to me - but I do like their other denim cuts and other clothing items. Those skirts are really nice. If I am going to wear a boyfriend jean, its going to be Paige Premium's new boyfriend jean which is a little more tapered and fitted than the super baggy ones from Current/Elliott....

Pic of Paige Premium's boyfriend jean from Tobi.com:

11-11-2008
fashion icon

Velony, the fit is PHENOMENAL. I have never owned a pencil skirt with such a great proportion of fit and stretch, and just like the jeans, it is SO comfortable. I would highly recommend any of their styles at this point.

Empire State of Mind

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking thinking about ordering the skirt for a while now so maybe I'll just do it.

12-11-2008
tailored

does anyone have the skinny slouch jean?
every time i go to the barneys here, all they have is the boyfriend and the elephant bell...
the sa said to size down, but i've never sized down in jeans...

Meg
inspired contemplation

Again, I am really drawn to these jeans (and I feel like I'm all over the boards these days saying you can get things cheaper!) but I truly don't understand what draws people to fit. I get "boyfriend jeans" when I wear any of my jeans for more than 5 days! The thighs and waist stretch, creating a looser baggier look. In fact, I rolled my cuffs and did this all summer. I still think they look great, but I really don't understand the marketing for the 'fit' of the jeans when any pair that has 1% elastan in them will do the same.

Last edited by Meg; 13-11-2008 at 12:07 AM.
14-11-2008
tailored

i feel the same way about the boyfriend jeans...
what happened to the days when you would go to a vintage store and buy a pair of guys levi's a few sizes too big?

catch me if you can

Kim - Intermix has the skinnies in stores. They do run large in the waist. HTH!

Last edited by iLoveCouture; 14-11-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
current or elliott, denim, label