The Denim Review : femme
so post your body type / size and tell us which jeans fit (or dont fit)
short legs (30-32 inseam)
somewhat biggish ***/thighs
seven dojo non stretch
COH faye non stretch
diesel zinc non stretch
seven boot cut
seven A pocket
seven flare non stretch
gap long and lean
5'2" (short torso/overall)
density and girth like Hilary Duff
Approved and owned and optimum for butt/thigh flattery and leg elongation:
Seven, Flare, stretch? -- 2% Lyrca (hemmed 3")
Joe's Jeans, Lover Style (hemmed 1.5")
COH, Naomi (hemmed 3")
True Religion, Joey (hemmed 2.5")
Hudson (love 'em! --they don't stretch out with time, like the COHs and Sevens)
All look GREAT with either flip-flops or heels.
Joe's Jeans, Rocker Style
Most jeans under $100
All for now.
Last edited by thewannabe; 18-04-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Well, I wouldn't normally go into this store, but I have a great pair of jeans from American Eagle. Several people with pretty different body types suggested them, so I tried some on and was pleasantly surprised.
i asked her about the style, but she didnt know the name..
and i was too lazy to go into their store and try on every single pair...
whats your body type / name of the style ?
I love AE jeans as well, mainly because they're not too expensive and come in various lengths to suit my short legs
If you are looking for a particular pair that your friend owns but do not know the style, you can check one of the tags located on the left hip area of the jeans for the style# and just look for it in the store
pear shaped figure
short legs: 29"-30" inseam
Gap Ultra Lowrise
almost any other brands that don't come in short lengths
I hate having to get my pants hemmed before wearing them, so I usually only go for the brands that come in short lengths. I'm really starting to love the distressed True Religion Joey jeans, but I havent bothered to try them on or anything since I know they'll be too long. If anyone owns a pair, I'd really like to know how the sizes run (true to size, small, etc).
Last edited by sourkiwiz; 01-05-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Oy! I'm positively obsessed with jeans, only I can never find a perfect pair...
Body: 5'8"-5'9", unwomanly freakish bean pole figure, no hips, no butt, ideally a 37" inseam or so, but always have to settle with 35.5" -36"
- 35.5" Antik Denim Jeans (they say it's 35.5", but for some reason, they're longer on me than 36" ones)
- 36" 7's
- 35.5" Chip & Pepper Jeans
- 36" Hudson's Supermodel Jeans (38" is alright, too)
- Blue Cult Jeans (I still can't get over how horrible I looked in these, the thigh parts were all puffy, and the bottom of the jeans were a good inch and a half above my ankle)
- AG Jeans (There are little unfilled pockets of space where the hips are supposed to go, too loose on me and very unflattering)
- Paige Denim
- Notify Jeans (make my legs look weird)
- Salt Works
- True Religion
- 34" Miss Sixty Jeans (skinny leg ones, no bootcut)
- 35" Paper Denim and Cloth
- Yanuk Jeans
- Frankie B.
- Joe's Jeans (if cuffed)
- Diesel Jeans
Only problem is that I don't really like some of the jeans that fit me, so I usually end up wearing ones from the "soso" category. Hope that helped!
Re: The Denim Review : femme
I am 5'2 with short legs (31" inseam) and 27/28 waist...average asian body type...(read: no ***, generally slim, but not skinny).
Oh HELL Yeah!
-Blue Cult: Weekender Flare, Katie...this brand is just right for me!
- Seven7 (not seven for all mankind)...found a pair of skinny Seven7 jeans at loehmann's for $20 and in the clearance rack!!
-Citizens of Humanity
-Seven for All Mankind: I don't get the hype about these jeans...I bought a pair a long time ago, but it made my butt look flat
- Levi's: I love this brand and it's not expensive...but the jeans are always loose in the upper thigh and right under my butt.
-Paper Denim & Cloth
-Anything for long and slender legs
Body: 180 cm tall, normal build, I NEED 36' inseam as I walk in heels
- Rock & Republic
Why? they all come in 36' and make me look good.
- Gap -- comes in 36' but I do not like the denim fabric
- 7 for all mankind --- I am wayyyyyy too tall for these
- A&F -- come in 36' but as thei shops are crowded, I do not bother trying
- PDC -- HUGE dissappointment. wen I bought them, they were 36', after washing according to instructions, they became...mmmm...26'?
- True Religion -- SHORT!!!!
- Armani Jeans -- short!
Last edited by Filifjonka; 22-02-2006 at 01:08 PM.
body: 5'2", insanely petite (and not on purpose!), tiny waist, average hips, skinny legs.
Paige Premium (Laurel Canyon fits me the best)
any d&g in 22
Hudsons (hit-or-miss with these)
Joe's (too big for me everywhere)
COH (most are too big)
note: a lot of the jeans mentioned have long inseams but I get them hemmed
Body type: 5"8 116 lbs. 34.5- 36 ( with heels) inch inseam, have butt, no waist ( athletic type body)
7 for all mankind
Hudson super model
True Religion ( run short sometimes, Pockets too low)
Antik ( not a big fan of low pockets)
Notify ( waists are always big)
People for peace ( low pockets)
Joes ( flattens ***)
Diesel ( not long enough)
Chip and Pepper ( every size too big even 24)
Loomstate ( Waists run too big)
Rogan ( ditto)
Rock and Republic ( ditto)
ABS ( don't make sizes small enough)
Last edited by jacobsgirl; 23-02-2006 at 09:50 PM.
5'9 around 152 pounds and pretty shapely.
ANY JEANS WITH STRETCH!!!
Seven Jeans with stretch
Habitual with stretch
Joe's Jeans ONLY WITH STRETCH
Tsubi (it's really meant for someone with a straight body not for a curvy person)
me: 5'4" straight stick 97-105 lbs
seven jeans (the old school regular kind not these new ones with weird materials)
rock and republic
CoH makes my butt look flatter
PD&C are for people with giant hips i think
Broke and fashionable? Is it worth it?!
|denim, femme, review|