How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2008
front row

Burberry Prorsum cashmere coat
Retail: $1595
Paid: $160

Last edited by miaou; 12-04-2008 at 11:36 AM.

12-04-2008
tfs star

See by chloe black mini skirt
Retail:155 pound
Paid:39.99 pound

12-04-2008
backstage pass

grey cashmere helmut lang sweater $ 435. Paid $30
earnest sewn denim jeans $200+ Paid $20
I can't fit most designer stuff so I don't have too much...
But I never pay full price for anything. I work at nordstrom rack for crying out loud.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldn View Post
grey cashmere helmut lang sweater $ 435. Paid $30
earnest sewn denim jeans $200+ Paid $20
I can't fit most designer stuff so I don't have too much...
But I never pay full price for anything. I work at nordstrom rack for crying out loud.
Hahaha, lucky you getting first dibs!

13-04-2008
once more, with feeling

okay, sorry but no prada flat pictures are forthcoming. i decided to return them, even though they were a great bargain. they kept slipping off my heel.

and i love nordstrom rack. i went again this past weekend and was surprised to find all new things from a few weeks ago. i guess they get shipments in fairly regularly..? (psst...aldn, any tips for finding the really good deals at your store??)

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaou View Post
Burberry Prorsum cashmere coat
Retail: $1595
Paid: $160
WOW!!!! That is an awesome deal!!!!

My best score was a Fendi merino wool scarf that I got for free at a garage sale.. and a bunch of Marc Jacobs shirts for $50

16-04-2008
the crying of humanity

^ Free is my favorite price!

Margiela's Muse

What a great thread! I try to never pay retail if I can help it!
I bought a CDG dress (retail $1100+) for $125. I bought Narciso Rodriguez oxfords from yoox for only $84 (with coupon code) that originally retailed for $500+. Armani and Cazabet heels ($500+) for around $130 each. Pucci pants for $25! Tocca pants for $5 (lmao). My $1,100 Be&D purse for just over $400 (I get a ton of compiments for it!). A CDG t-shirt for my brother for $45 on ebay. A ton of DVF stuff for about 75% off of retail. A Theory $400 cashmere sweater for $120. Miu Miu shoes, blouses, and skirts for just over $100 each. Marc Jacobs wallets & shoes for over 60% off; a lot of BCBG, MBMJ, Alice + Olivia, Chaiken, Tibi, and Nanette Lepore for a fraction of their retail price. Margiela separates for under $100.
I also own a ton of designer denim, none of which was ever purchased at the full retail price (I would never pay $250 for jeans, but I will certainly buy those $250 jeans at $75 or even lower!).
Most of my designer stuff has been attained through surreptitious methods such as these: yoox, Bluefly, great online sales - shopbop, revolve, etc, sample sales, lucky strikes at luxury dept. stores, Century 21 (if you are patient & dig), Loehmann's (same), ebay, etc.
I almost scored a pair of Ann D shoes for $100 (monamoore.com) but waited too long & missed out.

Last edited by shirleebee; 17-04-2008 at 12:55 PM.
17-04-2008
front row

great finds everyone! I shop this way too since Canadian prices are jacked up, not to mention the high taxes (at least it has finally lowered the past year).

-MBMJ cami for $15 (marked as $325...talk about markups)
-See by Chole sleeveless tee $20 (from $165)
-Prada keychain $15 (from $150-200)
-Development pants $20 (from $250)
-Juicy Cami $23 (marked as $98)
-Mike & Chris fleece vest $45 (from $225)
-Burberry Sunglasses $35 (from $200+)
-Burberry kitten heel slides $50
-Pedro Garcia pointed toe slingbacks $78 (from $325)
-Miu Miu flats $115 (from $375)
-Repettos $40 (from $250)

that's about all i can think of so far....not as good of a deal as some of you guys though! I'm not a thrift/consigment/second hand shopper and I hate shopping online..so this is the best I could do so far in-store.

17-04-2008
windowshopping

Betsey Johnson beaded slip. Retail $130. Paid $6
Dior Lingerie Retail $130-$340 Paid $10
Marc by Marc Jacobs sandals Retail $200 Paid $10

18-04-2008
rising star

^ woahh where did you find that?
great steals everyone! you must let me in your guys' secrets!

front row

^ITA! Designer scores for $10 or less?!!! You're amazing Ilkish!

I think bargain hunting requires being at the right place at the right time. It takes time to hunt through bargain racks. Discount stores, Warehouse/Sample sales, Consignment/Thrift Stores, Online (Bluefly, Yoox, ebay) are typical places to start.

Obviously you can't be too snobby and be the type that would never wear 'last season'. You need patience to dig through racks of old, sometimes damaged clothing. You need an open attitude where you're not really looking for something in particular...as you probably won't find what you want. It's actually more fun to find something unexpected, I feel victorious after a bargain

18-04-2008
front row

btw, GREAT thread mkd!

18-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimby View Post
okay, sorry but no prada flat pictures are forthcoming. i decided to return them, even though they were a great bargain. they kept slipping off my heel.

and i love nordstrom rack. i went again this past weekend and was surprised to find all new things from a few weeks ago. i guess they get shipments in fairly regularly..? (psst...aldn, any tips for finding the really good deals at your store??)
We get shipment everyday except sunday and monday. my store is fairly small and considered not to be in the best of neighborhoods. in southern california the best racks to hit but btw are a lot more messier are south coast plaza, howard hughes, and topanga. scp and topanga have designer shops where you can purchase last seasons merchandise at about 60 to 75% off. And when i say designer I mean chole, dolce and gabanna, marc jacobs, proenza; etc. We get merchandise two ways through our full priced stores markdowns and special purchase, which pretty much is the same way marshalls or whatever other discounters obtain their merchandise. It's always cheaper when it comes directly from the full price store. Shoes are cheapest when they say worn and refinished. Ferragamos for 70 bucks! hello! I'm waiting for some marni shoes to be marked down further. they're 149 with 50 percent off right now. the second they say 65 i'm going in for the kill!

tfs star

Yesterday at Filene's I got a lovely Temperley dress for 16 dollars. The original tag said it retailed for 920 dollars!! I also found the white one shoulder dress that was in Kate Moss's Topshop collection for 9.95! It was a lovely day

Last edited by chaneladdict; 17-06-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheap, designer, dirt, scores