Farfetch - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-04-2017
backstage pass

Farfetch
Just curious does anyone has any experiences with shopping with Farfetched before? It just seem rather dodgy and not as user friendly as say, Mr Porter, LuisaviaRoma etc.

user experiences please?

20-04-2017
V.I.P.

^You mean Farfetch I presume?
No problems here, same good experience as with NAP, Luisaviaroma, Mytheresa, etc.

#Resist

I did have an issue with an unauthorized charge on my card shortly after using it at Farfetch, but I don't know absolutely for sure that the two were linked.

It is different from the sites you mention in that it's putting the merchandise of various brick and mortar boutiques online vs. being a dedicated single online shopping source. The status of the merchandise isn't always up to date ... I have gotten notified after buying something online that it was actually sold. The people in the store probably have priority over you when it comes to getting your hands on what you want. I suspect, for example, that if they have something on hold for one of their IRL customers, a call is made before shipping it to you, even though you think you've bought and paid for it. Maybe you have, maybe you haven't ...

Some people have complained about slowness (SlowFetch ), and I'm sure that's due to the same issue. You're dealing with a middleman and a brick and mortar rather than a dedicated, focused online retailer like NAP. But, whatever it takes to get your hands on a piece you've decided you must have
Save

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 20-04-2017 at 07:17 AM.
20-04-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
^You mean Farfetch I presume?
No problems here, same good experience as with NAP, Luisaviaroma, Mytheresa, etc.
Yes, sorry my bad, I was trying to purchase something when the listed priced when being converted to my local currency was a whopping equivalent of $1000 more, hence I was shocked...perhaps that was why I added the '-ed' to it subconsciously

20-04-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I did have an issue with an unauthorized charge on my card shortly after using it at Farfetch, but I don't know absolutely for sure that the two were linked.

It is different from the sites you mention in that it's putting the merchandise of various brick and mortar boutiques online vs. being a dedicated single online shopping source. The status of the merchandise isn't always up to date ... I have gotten notified after buying something online that it was actually sold. The people in the store probably have priority over you when it comes to getting your hands on what you want. I suspect, for example, that if they have something on hold for one of their IRL customers, a call is made before shipping it to you, even though you think you've bought and paid for it. Maybe you have, maybe you haven't ...

Some people have complained about slowness (SlowFetch ), and I'm sure that's due to the same issue. You're dealing with a middleman and a brick and mortar rather than a dedicated, focused online retailer like NAP. But, whatever it takes to get your hands on a piece you've decided you must have
Save

Thanks Fashionista. Yes I did remember buying something years back and was given options of few shops across Italy...this time I wasn't but the price difference as stated above was just weird, without any explanation whatsoever...I guess I ll just stick to the usual LVM or mr porter then, way more reliable

20-04-2017
#Resist

^ I've noticed myself a lot of variations in pricing in different places, and this is easy to notice on Farfetch with all the different outlets. I assume this probably reflects the exchange rate at the time of order, invoicing, something like that? (IOW, the transaction between the designer and the retailer, not your transaction.) It's a good place to look for the best price ... but unfortunately, the things I'm looking at were usually produced and bought in very small quantities, so I'm never in a position to quibble. If I can just find what I want in my size, I have to admit I'm lucky ...

20-04-2017
V.I.P.

I've used Farfetch multiple times, always fantastic customer service, quick shipping, etc.

25-04-2017
fashion insider

I ordered a scarf on Farfetch just before Christmas, came in a matter of days. I'd say it's pretty safe to use although you have to be careful of additional expenses when shipping to non-EU countries, for example - but then again that is the case with every other online luxury store.

backstage pass

Thanks Heatheranne and dodencebt

To me, it just feels like a cheap click bait, with no explanation whatsoever on the supposed "price-differential".
I was pleasantly surprised to find that gucci backpack at 2820USD when it is say 4000USD at other sites. I am quite certain that gucci almost never have sales at their retail stores and very rarely online as well, so this came off as a surprise, only to confirmation my original knowledge that they do indeed dont go on sale.

anyways, good to realize before actually buying it and save the hassle and stuff

PS. The hotline also never seem to work AT ALL. I happened to revisit it today so i tried calling, since it kept sending emails to remind me "you still have an item in your basket" lol.

Last edited by vetements; 25-04-2017 at 03:48 AM.
25-04-2017
V.I.P.

Wanted to share that I totally don't trust the website Italist.

fashion insider

^ Would you like to tell us more? There is a backpack I am eyeing on Italist, don't want to end up with more problems.

V.I.P.

I've read many reviews on different websites e.g. purseforum. When there is something wrong with your purchase you can't call them, only email which is slow and bad. And it seems most of the time you can send it back but you must pay for the shipment yourself + pay duties and don't get those refunded. So in my opinion that website only works when you get the item you want without any flaws so you don't have to send it back.
I've once emailed them a question and got a response a few days later with just automated text in it.

Last edited by Nymphaea; 25-04-2017 at 04:38 AM.
25-04-2017
#Resist

^ Yes, I have found that when you can't return something, or it's difficult, that's when you need to. When a store has a great policy (like Nordstrom), you rarely need it. But if someplace gives me grief about a return or exchange now, it's instant boycott time. I just don't put up with that

1 Week Ago
rising star

I have also had a great experience with FarFetch. I had to buy two of something to see which one fit, the return was not an issue. (I'm in USA so the shipping was pretty unusual though.)

Last edited by ediesedgwick; 1 Week Ago at 01:27 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
farfetch, farfetched