How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2009
front row

I do prefer that the website allows you to look at things in an organized fashion, whereas the store in person is a complete gong show. My energy drains out before I can finish half of the store. The only thing I dislike about shopping online is that some of the photos are misleading, especially when it comes to the color of the garment. Once I bought a tank top that looked yellow and was described as YELLOW, but when I received it, it was completely different, more like a mustard yellow. Usually if the garment is in fact mustard yellow,they'll advertise it as such

06-08-2009
doldrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I feel like this is a really stupid question, but... Does "Forever 21" have anything to with "Forever 18"? Because we these shops over here.
I doubt it. I know there's Faith 21, Heritage, and another "upscale" line owned by Forever 21.

07-08-2009
trendsetter

is the quality the same as h&m? I'm going to Toronto end of August. I'm really excited about the dresses I found on their site!

07-08-2009
rising star

I think the store is rather hit and miss as others have mentioned. I was lucky enough to visit the union square branch when I visitted Manhattan. Only picked up a T shirt but it is rather lovely and has lasted me well.

front row

Some things are - um - okay. But you know the saying "you get what you pay for". Very cheap but if the fabric is durable it will generally last a few seasons. However, the dyes often wash out so hand wash or wash gentle cycle/cold water.

I too have problems with the "cutting" of the pants/shorts/dresses. It's great for accessories and trendy shoes, or tops that are "it" now but will embarrass you down the road

For staple items or things you think you'll continue to wear: go elsewhere!

07-08-2009
front row

Personally, I must add, I don't shop there because they won't list where their clothing factories/materials are sourced from. It's generally considered that the source is Burma (or another exploited region), something that hasn't been denied or even addressed by the company. So if you are an "ethical shopper"....go elsewhere!

09-08-2009
fashion insider

ForLove is actually producing some great stuff. Every time I browse the Forever 21 website, the items I always gravitate towards are generally ForLove 21! Great finds for cheap prices is all I can say so far. A lot of the tops from ForLove is 100% silk.

09-08-2009
windowshopping

^^ I know, I've found some really cute things are ForLove recently!

10-08-2009
fashion elite

I wish my store carried ForLove! I hope to pick up some cute pieces when I'm in NYC.

Also, I think I read it in this thread but if you call a store and give them the online product # are they able to tell you if they have it in-store?

14-08-2009
trendsetter

Is anyone else having a problem using merch credit online? It keeps saying the card number isn't in their records. This keeps happening to me (with different cards) and I just feel like there is always something going on at Forever 21 to make sure that I don't get any sort of break for being a regular customer that spends hundreds or even thousands of dollars there a year. I know that it is already very cheap but even similar stores like Wet Seal/Charlotte Russe seem more shopper friendly I suppose.

That article that was featured here on TFS discusses the trial of F21 for ripping off designs by Trovata and many others. I mean the company's sales are approaching $1.5 billion and their playing dumb "we just choose pretty clothes" excuse really turned me off. I just feel like F21 is more overtly greedy than most chain retailers. And I hadn't even heard of what Veda posted about before so there is that to consider. I'm just going to stop shopping there.

The Forever 21 shirts are on the top row, Trovata's are on the bottom.

nymag

Here's the link if you feel like reading "Forever 21 Founder Doesn't Know Much About Her Company":
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/...esnt_know.html

Last edited by meeks; 14-08-2009 at 04:33 PM.
19-08-2009
V.I.P.

I honestly do not care if they rip off bigger chains.

I think its poor judgment making it so obvious...as long as they do not slap another designers name on it, I dont see it as wrong doing.
Making them so similar is not smart...atleast make them different somehow.

20-08-2009
fashion insider

forever21.com

i saw this in my local store the other day, i think i may go back to pick it up. what do you all think????

21-08-2009
tfs star

I've never been a fan of leopard print, but I like the style of it a lot. It gives it more of a vintage look which I like better for prints like that.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianna View Post
I wish my store carried ForLove! I hope to pick up some cute pieces when I'm in NYC.

Also, I think I read it in this thread but if you call a store and give them the online product # are they able to tell you if they have it in-store?

yes, it's true. if you call them with the product code, they can look up what sizes they have left and also see if any other f21 has it too.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Veda- View Post
Personally, I must add, I don't shop there because they won't list where their clothing factories/materials are sourced from. It's generally considered that the source is Burma (or another exploited region), something that hasn't been denied or even addressed by the company. So if you are an "ethical shopper"....go elsewhere!
I'm pretty sure I noticed tags on some things I got from F21 that mentioned where it was made...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21