How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2009
V.I.P.

You get what you pay for.
Its not like its real leather or it's been worried over all that much.

My shoes haven't fallen apart yet. I own some boots from the site and I can say they fit real nice and feel nice.
It just sucks they dont have half sizes. Im a 7.5 so I have to order an 8 for closed toe and a 7 for open praying they fit. No problem yet!

It sucks cause im in Canada and the american site has these pieces I really want but cannot order

forever21

08-12-2009
front row

foreverandnone, i saw all those items today while shopping.... the silver blazer is very light and flimsy but really cute!!!

trendsetter

Forever21 is coming out with some really cute designs now even though they are copy of other designers its nice that they have that for women who are on a budget! i want to work there but hear the work environment is terrible and employees only get 10% discount! hmmm

09-12-2009
fashion insider

sun_goddess my best friend works as a visual merchandiser for forever21 and she loves her job. she gets to dress all the mannequins and style them, as well as organize the entire store and which collections go where. she works at those huge mega forever 21s where they carry all the lines. she only gets paid $14 and the sales reps only get $8/hour here in california she says the work environment is great but it's very busy. they get tons of racks to go back from the fitting rooms and they stay until 2am when the store closes at 9pm. i'm sure a lot of other stores are like that but just some input from her if you were interested

09-12-2009
trendsetter

^thank you so much for that information...I love the store and have never worked in a fashion retail place before and want to get experience in that kind of environment. But staying until 2am? omg! that would be tough for me since I will have classes in the mornings on tuesdays and thursdays starting at 7:30 am geesh!

One more question...do the employers still get paid for staying that late? so theres a lot of overtime pay?

09-12-2009
fashion insider

^actually I think their schedules are set at those times their shifts change all the time and they get weekly schedules. my best friend's schedule changes from 5am-2pm, 10am-7pm, 11pm-6am, and so on. She works full-time though so I'm sure if you part time as a sales rep, you can tell them your availability

09-12-2009
backstage pass

i love the clothes but i dont think i could ever work there. too many people and way too many clothes! it would drive me nuts.

10-12-2009
V.I.P.

Same!
I hate stepping foot into a f21 store. Its so busy it makes me want to throw my arms up and walk out cause its just insanity

12-12-2009
tfs star

I wanted to get some necklaces online but i really dont know about the look and quality irl...
do you guys know if they look way too cheap once worn?

windowshopping

when will forever 21 come to hk??=(
wanna shop there so badly..

14-12-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
It sucks cause im in Canada and the american site has these pieces I really want but cannot order
I know how you feel-I see so many great pieces on the US site, but when I look on the Canadian page or go into the store here, they never have any of it!

The one here just opened a month ago-opening day there were 2000 people in line! I happened to be at the mall the day before and they were doing a "soft" opening-it was almost empty inside, so I got a lot of shopping done

14-12-2009
backstage pass

Its crazy shoping in there but I do order their jewelry online and I havent been disappointed at all! The quality is ok for what you pay for. I still have pieces from last year and they're still in great shape. I get a ton of compliments all the time. So happy shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal87 View Post
I wanted to get some necklaces online but i really dont know about the look and quality irl...
do you guys know if they look way too cheap once worn?

14-12-2009
tfs star

^ thank you so much!

catch me if you can

shoegal if you style it right it wont look cheap. I have a ton of their jewelry and get lots of compliments. Plus if it does happen to break you dont feel as bad because it was under $10.

tfs star

^ Thank you so much, I'm definitely ordering something

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21