How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2008
V.I.P.

these chloé knock-offs look like.. fun.

22-06-2008
doldrums

I haven't shopped there. I also agree with lovepink and lollicandy. I hear the quality doesn't hold up well.

But over all some tops are cute. I also agree with the tag line of "disposable" fashion.

and I sense another lawsuit...

22-06-2008
trendsetter

http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-...ngement_01.php

A good article on some of Forever 21's business practices and copy right stuff.

I'm not preaching or anything, (I do get things from there sometimes) but I think people have a right to know about where they get their clothes from too.

Back in the day (well more like decades ago?) designers sold their patterns to dressmakers to make for their clients. Or dressmakers just made blatant copies (like Jackie O's clothing comes to mind). But I guess things are now done on such a huge scale that it makes actual design houses nervous.

Last edited by lollicandy; 22-06-2008 at 07:47 PM.
22-06-2008
rising star

okay, that's really interesting. i always had the notion that forever 21 was run by this huge corporation. i didn't know it was being run by a korean couple. weird.

thanks for the read

23-06-2008
front row

Hmmm anyone know if its the same company as Forever New in Australia? I heard that our MNG store is the same as Mango overseas... If it is the same, I find it very hit and miss. I often find cute things but being cheaply made the cut isn't flattering on anything but a pre-pubescent figure.

23-06-2008
V.I.P.

My mall just opened one of the new XXI Forever stores (more like a department store...) and it was insanity. 20+ minutes to get a fitting room, 10+ minutes to wait to pay. A lot of the stuff was blah to me and I would rather hit the Express clearance (their quality is better) but I did pick up a great black short-sleeved blazer. They have a lot of good clothes for work and I love some of their sheath dresses.

23-06-2008
fashion elite

every forever 21 ive been too has been extremely messy and unorganized. that store requires alot of free time and patience if you wanna find something specific. i usually buy basics from there and jewelry since they are extremely cheap. i dont have a problem with their jewelry but their gold does wear off

23-06-2008
fashion elite

about their accessories, i can usually find some okay stuff thats suuuuper cheap, and its not like its expected to last long. some of it is really fug and trendy tho.

23-06-2008
backstage pass

I bought a pair of sunglasses from them last week and was extremely happy. They resemble the shape of the dior glossy model. You can't beat $5.80 either.

24-06-2008
rising star

never really noticed, but i own about 5 jeans, 2 pants. I only wear 2 jeans & 2 of the pants, and they're all from F21. They make nice skinny jeans for very cheap ($30). I've had one of them for about a year, and they're still as they were, then.
I also have a purple silk dress with tiny flowers all over, and a (very itchy without something under it) black wool blend peacoat from last season.

Most of the things they sell are really of poor quality, and they all fit - kind of off. I don't know, it might be loose in one place, but really tight in another. And not in the right place. So the pieces that I have, I've had to either deal with it, or sew it in a way to make it fit me better.

24-06-2008
rising star

oh..and I thought I'd mention how much I hate their stores, though! I was in a crowded one with a lot of young girls and their mothers and young boyfriends, etc. I was in the dressing room trying on something, and this really misbehaved boy singing and yelling just walked through the curtain, starting dancing around, and I was half-naked. His mother didn't really do anything, didn't apologize to me..I just felt really disgusted, everyone was pushing me throughout the store as well, & it was very noisy. The girls who worked there were also young, and rather rude. Has anyone else had a similar experience in the store?

24-06-2008
rising star

Everytime I go, I try to like something but I think a lot of times it's just really hard with the way the store is and I end up disgusted and walking out. Forever 21 is in almost everyway what I dislike about American society: the disposability, the consumerism, the shallowness, and the shoddy construction that also comes with our need for disposability and waste.

24-06-2008
rising star

^ Well said.

24-06-2008
front row

ill fitting. maybe it's easier if you've a very boyish figure, but i have curves. i'm a size US 6 or 8 and almost every time i go in the dressing rooms with a ton of pieces and come out with absolutely nothing. that and the experience of trying to shop there is so damn stressful i just cannot take it.

i've gotten some super cute 3 or 4 dollar underwear from there though. i suppose i own a few other random items from forever 21 but even at age 23 i feel too old for most of the stuff they sell.

25-06-2008
rising star

I just purchased the Chloe s/s 08 white/pink knockoffs and while I usually never buy knockoffs myself, I had to.. I won't ever be able to possibly afford the real ones (I mean, come on, they are more than I pay for one month's rent!)
I'll let peeps know what the quality is like when I get them..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21