How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2010
Making a Mess

Received my items yesterday and everything fits perfectly. Really impressed with the leather jacket. The faux leather is really soft and the olive green shade is just perfect.

I also had my eye on the Carla Leatherette Jacket and last night noticed it on their daily 21 specials page for 20% off so I had to put in an order for it. I also got free shipping with the ILUVF21 coupon code. Can't wait for it to arrive!

canada.forever21.com

12-02-2010
front row

Party Vixen, I love the charcoal wrap you bought! It's beautiful!

I'm not so keen on some of their trendier items - easy to tell the quality is not so good but their wraps and basic knits are great. Cheap and looks expensive with the right ensemble.

fashion insider

That jacket is cute! Reminds me of my zara leather jacket, the shoulder part.

I wanted to order this cute grey cropped cardigan and it sold out within 2 days! Also wanted something from the sale section but it sold out

12-02-2010
front row

party_vixen, i got that jacket a month ago & posted in another thread (what did you buy today?)...i love it too!!! i got it in black as well

V.I.P.

I've never been to or bought from Forever21 (none in my country) but was thinking of purchising a pair of these "Dark Skinny Jean - $19.80", because I'm after something a little thicker than black leggings, and I can't find anything where I live. So I was wondering if anyone has bought, or perhaps tried them on before? How is the fit?

I've heard they have good quality jeans, but does anyone know if their 'jegging' style of jeans are ok as well? I'm going to have to spend $35 US on postage, so not sure if I should risk it

forever21

Miss Selfridge have pretty much the exact same type of pant but a little more expensive - does anyone know if they're better quality than F21?

Thanks

scenester

#306 I adore that lace top! Gorgeous!

16-03-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Not big on their clothing lately, but their jewelry, as usual, is so fun.

They have several pearl options this season.

V.I.P.

How is the quality of their clothes? I heard it was very poor. Has that at all changed?
I do like some things but afraid to order as I do not live in USA and would not be able to exchange

29-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen-rox View Post
How is the quality of their clothes? I heard it was very poor. Has that at all changed?
I do like some things but afraid to order as I do not live in USA and would not be able to exchange
Quality wise, it hasn't changed much. Even though F21 has some cute pieces, I would think of them as disposable clothes. I just ordered cute hair clips and the bow is about to fall off already.

scenester

Wow, it's kind of weird to me that I'm always reading about poor quality, because I literally shop there all the time, and a great chunk of my wardrobe (probably 30-40%) is Forever 21 and I have never had any quality issues. I've bought some of everything.....from tops to dresses to bottoms to shoes, etc. I guess I've been super lucky?

Closest I can think of, is jewelry will usually lose some of its detail (like if it has little beads or crystals glued on or something) after a couple of wears, but I have also had the same experience with other jewelry at similar female clothing stores (i.e. Charlotte Russe and the like), and I feel it's fair if I'm paying 3 or 4 bucks for a super cute necklace. Obviously quality isn't going to be as lasting as a 40 dollar necklace. /shrug

But yeah, I've never had any problems with the quality. Weird.

30-03-2010
fashion elite

^ Agreed. I have soo many pieces from F21 and rarely have I had issues with the quality. Then again, I'm really gentle with my clothes, both while wearing and washing so that could be part of it!

11-04-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

For you Forever 21 fans out there... a little article:

Meet Forever 21's stylish sisters

front row

Has anyone seen or bought this bag? It looks nice online. Is it soft as it says they say it is?

canada.forever21.com

19-05-2010
backstage pass

Coming to Henry Street, Dublin in November.
Two floors.

23-05-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianna View Post
^ Agreed. I have soo many pieces from F21 and rarely have I had issues with the quality. Then again, I'm really gentle with my clothes, both while wearing and washing so that could be part of it!
I'll third this. I purchased brown leggings there a solid three to four years ago and I still wear them religiously (because I'm one of those fashion faux pas that will go out in leggings as pants, but that's for a different thread, haha). I would honestly argue that their quality is equal too or only slightly less than H&M's.

I plan on rushing a sorority next semester at school, and I'm really thinking about picking up two or three of their prom dresses for formals, date parties, and such next year. My only issue is that quite a few of them look cheap in the photos; and honestly, if they look cheap on the site, who knows what they'll look like in real life. Has anyone gotten any of their "formal" dresses? I love their casual looks, but I haven't been in the actual store in a while and haven't seen any of those looks in person.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21