How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-06-2008
tfs star

I always end up walking out without buying anything too. I do occasionally pick up their jewelry, but that's about it. I am also curvy and their clothes look awful on me. I too had the lovely experience of a little darling opening my dressing room curtain with no apology from the mother. I guess the atmosphere just reinforces that it's ok to be unapologetically messy and rude, as that's how the entire experience always is for me!

27-06-2008
fashion icon

I'll be one of the first to stand up for Forever21 -- outside of their blatant knockoffs, they have a lot of really cool "trendy" pieces that it seems reasonable to spend a lesser amount on than signature staples of a wardrobe. One of my most recent (and favorite) purchases is this skirt:

And I'm a US size 6 or 8, too. I guess it just depends on how long you're able to endure the less-than-kind sales associates and crowded atmosphere to harbor a patience for looking through the racks.

28-06-2008
backstage pass

I just made a huge F21 haul online yesterday :K I'll post up pictures when everything's here >_>

backstage pass

i got a cute denim dress the other day, as much of an oxymoron as that sounds lol. i like f21, and yes they always have tonsss of almost exact copies of designer things and you always have to search for clothes and stand in long lines most of the times but as a college student im thankful for it. the quality isnt good, but what do you expect out of a $20-30 dress/jeans/pants/etc or $5 jewelry. i only have a couple of things from this store and most of the clothing has help up well.

Last edited by m4ryb3ar; 29-06-2008 at 04:40 AM.
01-07-2008
backstage pass

I've basically decided that they have cute, trendy clothes you only wear a couple of times. Their clothes are especially perfect for when you have a party and you need a cheaper dress to only wear that one time, which is what I have done.

01-07-2008
oh! darling

I have only seen this store once in my state, and I was not impressed. It's basically the cheap material used to make tacky tweeny clothing.

Iowa Girl at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaneladdict View Post
I always end up walking out without buying anything too.
Yes... lately I've gone in, and even though there are a million choices, I have left with nothing.

Perhaps it's because I'm getting older? And so much of their stuff is cutesy?

I do, however, own three dresses and love all three. I have a polyester red one that will stay together forever, but I can only wear on special occasions. I have a pretty blue belted cargo one with short sleeves that I get comments on all the time. I also have a cute black one that I should post photos of some time... I really do love it. BUT, the fabric has become a bit bad on it, and I have only washed it a few times.

04-07-2008
rising star

There's only one in my area, and I enjoy shopping there! The store isn't messy, but the organization is kind of random, and that makes it hard to find stuff.

I think Forever21's loungewear is nice; I have a few of their hoodies and lounge pants and they are super comfortable and pretty durable. Otherwise their stuff is cute, but unfortunately it starts to fall apart after a few washes.

04-07-2008
V.I.P.

Their music is fun when you walk in. Looks like they're having a huge sale, the plaid Bermuda's I wanted from American Eagle that cost $37 were at Forever for I think about $20. Same with their plaid shorts (seems like everyone's getting them these days), they're sold for a lot cheaper and just as cute as $60 ones you find in other places.

05-07-2008
rising star

I'm just back from the states this past week and I got the opportunity to visit Forever 21. I've been going back and forth from the US most of my life but this was the first time I ever actually bit the bullet and went in.

I don't hate it. Maybe it was the exchange rate. Everything was half price (and therefore even more effing cheap!!). I picked up a pair of $5.80 (£3!!!!) sunglasses that I was pleasantly surprised with, a few $6-8 necklaces and a few dresses to wear to the clubs back home. The most expensive item I purchased was arond $45; which works out, with tax, just under £25. For that price, I don't care if I only get a few wears out of them, especially when something similar (ok, of wayyy better quality) would cost about £45-60 ($90-120) I really will not be complaining!!

06-07-2008
Iowa Girl at Heart

^ You're lucky you liked their sunglasses! None of them looked right on me.

12-07-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedskies View Post
oh..and I thought I'd mention how much I hate their stores, though! I was in a crowded one with a lot of young girls and their mothers and young boyfriends, etc. I was in the dressing room trying on something, and this really misbehaved boy singing and yelling just walked through the curtain, starting dancing around, and I was half-naked. His mother didn't really do anything, didn't apologize to me..I just felt really disgusted, everyone was pushing me throughout the store as well, & it was very noisy. The girls who worked there were also young, and rather rude. Has anyone else had a similar experience in the store?

I actually work at Forever 21 as a visual merchandiser. A lot of the girls I work with are not rude but then, of course, there are some that are rude (and shouldn't be working there haha)

There are sooo many rude customers too ya know

Just don't go there on the weekend because that's when it's really crazy. Thats why the visual team works in the morning on weekdays when it's not as busy at all.

tfs star

^ yes there are PLENTY of rude customers. I work at Banana Republic and feel the pain of jerks who think it's cool to act like I'm stupid simply because I love working in retail. Pretty much all of the girls who work at the F21 at my mall are all nice.

rising star

Ok, I've worked retail before, so I completely understand. Sorry.

14-07-2008
backstage pass

eek, I found one of the corset dresses in size XS from "twelve by twelve" and am super excited to wear it! It was only $26.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21