How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2008
Ina
rising star

you get what you pay for. you can't expect amazing quality if you only pay 10 bucks for a shirt...

05-01-2009
trendsetter

I never really understood people's dislike of Forever 21 like calling it the tackiest store ever. I've found so much stuff in it that people have thought came from more expensive stores. You just have to hunt for it, and like someone said earlier, it is like hunting for burried treasure . I usually only buy basic stuff from the store and jeans because where else do you find skinny jeans for $12.50. I never ever had a problem with the quality...maybe I got lucky in that area. I never had clothing from Forever 21 that ripped off or tore into pieces o_o;;. I think F21's clothing quality has gotten better since it first started but most of wardrobe comes from F21 and a lot of my friends don't think I even shop there. I guess it just depends on what you find and buy from there!

windowshopping

i have a question - i have never shopped at forever21 befor now i want to buy a jacket online and my question is do the jackets fit true to size or do they run small ? i'm a eur 38. TIA!!

08-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrors&fevers View Post
i have a question - i have never shopped at forever21 befor now i want to buy a jacket online and my question is do the jackets fit true to size or do they run small ? i'm a eur 38. TIA!!
sorry to say but i think the sizing is pretty random, sometimes it runs large, and sometimes small. i have a few jackets that are too big and some that are too small. this is why usually go to the store to shop instead of ordering online, but sometimes the selection online isnt avail in stores. gluck!

08-01-2009
windowshopping

hmm.. so i've ordered some pretty cool things we'll see if they fit ..thanks m4ryb3ar

08-01-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChanel View Post
I never really understood people's dislike of Forever 21 like calling it the tackiest store ever. I've found so much stuff in it that people have thought came from more expensive stores. You just have to hunt for it, and like someone said earlier, it is like hunting for burried treasure . I usually only buy basic stuff from the store and jeans because where else do you find skinny jeans for $12.50. I never ever had a problem with the quality...maybe I got lucky in that area. I never had clothing from Forever 21 that ripped off or tore into pieces o_o;;. I think F21's clothing quality has gotten better since it first started but most of wardrobe comes from F21 and a lot of my friends don't think I even shop there. I guess it just depends on what you find and buy from there!
I love Forever21. I see stuff there that doesn't look too much different from what you'd find at Anthro or H&M or whatever. If I were a little smaller and a little younger, I'd buy more of the clothes but F21 is my fave place to find cheap accessories. Nothing beats it.

08-01-2009
backstage pass

I'm not the biggest fan of forever21.. they have nice prices, but I don't like how a lot of their products are direct copies of designers. Designers work hard and f21 just replicates them. Plus, when I purchased a top from them, it fell apart. Poorly made.. so I don't think I will buy from there again.

29-01-2009
windowshopping

i am not a huge fan of f21 either, but occasionally they do have nice pieces: you just have to dig through a whole lot of clothes that are not as nice to find them.

13-02-2009
backstage pass

I love Forever21. They have wonderful clothes. I am able to create many styles for cheap prices. One of my the stores I frequently shop at.

13-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChanel View Post
Agree completely. I hadn't walked in for a couple years, but when I did, I was shocked at how many cute, inexpensive clothes were in there. I found the best skinny jeans ever for $12.50 (that was their FULL price).

13-02-2009
backstage pass

By the way, the stuff in person actually looks better than it does on the website. The photographs don't flatter the clothes. There are some perfectly good pieces to be found at the stores.

13-02-2009
backstage pass

^ I completely agree. I'd say that the majority of their stuff is really hideous, but there definitely are some things that are pretty cool. Mostly basic stuff that is well-priced. What really bothers me about that place is how often they change their stuff around. I went back for a shirt yesterday that I had seen 3 days earlier and literally, their entire store layout had been changed and it was nowhere to be found. And this has happened several times. They really need to work on organization.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin View Post
^ I completely agree. I'd say that the majority of their stuff is really hideous, but there definitely are some things that are pretty cool. Mostly basic stuff that is well-priced. What really bothers me about that place is how often they change their stuff around. I went back for a shirt yesterday that I had seen 3 days earlier and literally, their entire store layout had been changed and it was nowhere to be found. And this has happened several times. They really need to work on organization.

I work there as a merchandiser and that's the whole point of our job. we make the store look new & fresh every week....you could just ask, they should know where everything is

trendsetter

^ That's actually a really good marketing tactic. It makes you want to come back often because by changing the store environment, you're convinced there's something new each time you come in. As much as people here don't like F21, they really got their marketing down really really well. I applaud them this much for that doing that.

scenester

It's by far my fabvourite american shop, mostly because it's not a 'lifestyle' brand, it's just fast fashion.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21