How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2008
front row

Forever21
What does everybody think about the store?

I was also wondering if anyone has bought a light gray cotton blazer there. it's 3/4 sleeve and cropped a bit. I want to buy it so bad but missed out on it last year!!

post pics if you do

20-06-2008
backstage pass

A lot of their tops are really cheap and will fall apart after using it a few times. I haven't had any problems with their coats though.

Usually if you see something you really like you have to grab it right away since the clothes there go fast, but atleast they have plenty of cute clothes year round.

21-06-2008
trendsetter

The fabric usually is really bad. I like my clothing to breathe and not have static, something that polyester and other cheap blends are not known for! Unfortunately that has been my experience with Forever 21.

They have good basics if you are looking for those cotton/spandex jersey type basics and don't want to spend a lot. But other than that the styles I find are too "cute" in an infantile way.

Every once in a blue moon I will find something I like from there. I bought several striped oxford button downs from the mens section and those have held up well.

But whatever you do, DO NOT go there on the weekends, seems like every store I've been too has been full of bratty loud pre-teens with their mothers. Too much commotion and the store is overpicked.

Also, the company's owners are uber-religious. They even print a bible passage on the bottom of their shopping bags. All this religious-right posturing and they still use sweatshops....hmm hypocrite much?

Anyway, good: super cheap, fast fashion.
Bad: Proselytizing, sweatshop labor, shoddy workmanship.

Last edited by lollicandy; 21-06-2008 at 12:55 AM.
21-06-2008
backstage pass

Honestly, I love Forever 21 for "disposable" clothing. I'm not trying to sound snobby or whatever, but most of the clothes I buy from there are random, outrageous pieces that I wear a few times then fall apart. But sometimes, they do have great quality pieces and wardrobe staples. I have been wearing a few of their bandage mini-skirts for a while now, and many of their shoes are amazingly comfortable for 4" heels. I also like that they add new stuff online every single day.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
Also, the company's owners are uber-religious. They even print a bible passage on the bottom of their shopping bags. All this religious-right posturing and they still use sweatshops....hmm hypocrite much?
seriously?, good catch, I never noticed that..

I love Forever21.. I tried to hate it but every time I go there, I come out with something.. it's just too accessible (in price and appearance) to reject it.. their cocktail dresses are particularly lovely. and their scarves .. agree about their tops falling apart really quickly though..

windowshopping

My whole philosophy with this store is "you get what you pay for."

21-06-2008
fashion elite

yeah i noticed the "John 3:16" thing on the bottoms of their bags and i was like wtf!??!?

i agree with everyone about the quality, but i admit i like to drop in forever21 sometimes because its like a treasure hunt, you never know what you'll find and sometimes you can find cool things.. and besides its so cheap who cares if it falls apart in the wash. (yeah, bad mentality, i know).

21-06-2008
backstage pass

As for the religious thing, my friend worked there for a bit, and she told me that they had to take back everything that had skulls on it because it was against God or something. *shrug*

the crying of humanity

Forever 21 is great for trendy, cheap pieces, not clothing you can wear for years. There's a reason why the prices and quality are often very low - most of the time, they're designed for what's considered hip at the time.

That said, finding classic, decent quality pieces is not impossible. I once discovered a brown coat, made of a relatively thick material, that I would've bought had it not cost upwards of $50. You just have to search long and hard.

Last edited by seanutbutter; 21-06-2008 at 03:44 PM.
22-06-2008
windowshopping

Michelle! Hiii! *waves*

<-- Tina, obviously.

Anyways, as pretty much everyone has said, you really get what you pay for. I've only got 2 shirts from f21 that have actually stayed perfect for over a year. My uncle used to own several sweatshops (baah, horrible, I know, but it was fun going in there when I was younger and looking at clothes before they hit the stores) that used to sew f21 clothes. Sometimes the material would rip even before it arrived at the sweatshop. Hmm.

On the bright side, I really do love the style and variety f21 has. The selection is awesome and there's always something that catches my eye. It just kills me that it's probably gonna rip after I wear it a couple of times.

22-06-2008
scenester

i usually find really good stuff at f21. i mean, the quality is obviously not as great as some of the higher-end stuff, but i think recently they've taken to "imitating" alot of the designer stuff...making their stuff look way more expensive than what you pay for it.

rising star

just wanted to ask, how's the quality like for their basics like tee shirts?

22-06-2008
V.I.P.

Has anyone seen the Forever21 copies of the Chloe S/S 08 shoes.....?

they sell for 27 bucks...

and in black

forever21.com and style.com

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 22-06-2008 at 02:35 PM.
22-06-2008
V.I.P.

I checked out their other heels and they are mostly blatant copies of Dolce & Gabbana, McQueen, Prada, Lanvin.... etc..........

22-06-2008
tailored

most of forever21's designs are copies of designer stuff...
they've copied marc by marc, balenciaga, lanvin, christian louboutin, chloe, stella mccartney, diane von furstenberg, etc...
they've also been sued a few times by said designers...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forever21