How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2009
girl who fell to earth

The Gap Shopping Thread
I searched a few different ways and was surprised to see that we don't have an actual Gap shopping thread in STYD...
*if anyone knows of a thread in here just for the Gap please provide a link and i'll merge

the gap has become sort of "relevant" again now that Patrick Robinson is at the helm...
this season looks like there are some great pieces...

i went in the other day and they had buy one get one free for all shirts (excludes vests and jackets)
so... i bought 4 shirts :p
spent $99 but also saved $99...
i'm actually wearing one of the shirts right now

i got the blue shirt below (looks better in person, the ruffled collar falls more nicely)
and i got 3 versions of the boyfriend shirt... great slouchy fit and SUPER comfortable...
got a white textured boyfriend shirt and two plaid versions (not in the the color below) but in a purple/blue/beige combo and a green/grey combo

they also have that great jeans campaign going on right now... has anyone indulged?

pics from gap.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gp620973-01vliv01.jpg (111.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gp620947-00vliv01.jpg (55.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg gp587402-03vliv01.jpg (39.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by ChrissyM; 29-08-2009 at 12:12 PM.

29-08-2009
front row

I got a plaid shirt today too, but not the one pictured. Mine doesn't have the roll-up strap to button the sleeves. I got the blue/white combo.

I also got that boyfriend shirt recently, but in light grey with white stripes.

Bottoms at The Gap are a no-go for me. With their vanity sizing, a 24 is huge on me.
Other than that, I love shopping there. They always have deals/coupons. I have two 20% coupons that I need to use. Plus, it's really worth being on their mailing list. I got my plaid top for 40% off and I might print the coupon again and go back for the ruffled top.

front row

Gap's menswear is usually dismal. I love the tops you posted as well as their new premium denim, though!

30-08-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I like Gap jeans because they come in multiple inseams.

Their new skinny jeans are quite nice - they didn't really work for me, but the shape was nice. I got the double breasted boyfriend blazer. I actually thought a lot of their stuff was very 'J.Crew' which itself has undergone a bit of a refresher these past couple years.

31-08-2009
scenester

Ah yes, I bought a shirt and a cardigan during that sale too. I wanted to get that plaid blouse you bought, but they only had the beige-ish version of it left.

31-08-2009
tfs star

I have so many basic t-shirts and sweats from Gap....they've always got a great sale on and the stuff fits me perfectly.

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by azote. View Post
Ah yes, I bought a shirt and a cardigan during that sale too. I wanted to get that plaid blouse you bought, but they only had the beige-ish version of it left.
yeah the beige/grey or whatever color that was was nice too, but it doesn't have the same sort of "punch" as the navy...

on another note, i LOVE gap's favorite t... has a snug fit and is the perfect length for me...
i have it in blk and white and wear them both as layering pieces and stand alone with big fun necklaces...
they're great "blank canvas" pieces and they're also good for tucking into high waisted stuff since the fit is body hugging..

31-08-2009
tfs star

The boyfriend blazer is great, it's definitely on my fall list of wants

Meg
inspired contemplation

I get the favorite long sleeved t. They changed the fabric a couple of years ago to something lighter, which I don't like as much. I have one from about 4 years ago which is just starting to get holes in it now, but it was made out of the most perfect weight cotton. So flattering. The ones they have now are slightly more form fitting and less flattering on me.

01-09-2009
Stitch:the Hand

i agree meg. i went to the gap a few weeks ago for the first time in years(i avoided it like the plague)and i was pleasantly surprised to see how evolved its become. patrick has done a really nice job with the women's. i just wish the men's had a few more refreshing ideas.

01-09-2009
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I get the favorite long sleeved t. They changed the fabric a couple of years ago to something lighter, which I don't like as much. I have one from about 4 years ago which is just starting to get holes in it now, but it was made out of the most perfect weight cotton. So flattering. The ones they have now are slightly more form fitting and less flattering on me.
i think i have the favorite long sleeved tee as well... in both blk and white...
i actually like that it's form fitting because that works well on me

i got all the long/short tees at the same time and have had no issues with holes/pilling or anything as of yet..
got them in the middle of the winter i believe...
maybe november or december?

i feel like they have so many cuts and options that there's something for everyone there...

01-04-2012
front row

I need help with Gap clothing sizing...
I would like to buy True straight and Modern boot in Tall from Gap. But am unsure if I would be size 4 or 6. I am unable to get to a store to try on

I am size 27 in Citizens of Humanity Kelly boot in Pacific Ocean...

I've had a look at their size-chart ... but still not sure... http://www.gap.com/customerService/i...=4546937#Wtops

These are the pants I would like to purchase:
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...0602&cid=57240
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...0602&cid=57240

windowshopping

Gap sizing runs huge! i usually wear and 8 in gap jeans, but in designer dresses I can go up to a 12 sometimes.

If you're a 27 I'd recommend going with a 4.

Gap jeans also stretch out a lot

Hope this helps.

02-04-2012
front row

Thanks so much for that dede!!!

Do their 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex pants stretch a lot too?

windowshopping

Out of the two, my modern boots haven't stretched, but the true straights I have are too big to wear now b/c of the stretching.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gap, shopping, thread