How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2009
windowshopping

hi, would anybody be so kind and send me an invitation? thanks!!

24-06-2009
front row

Please feel free to PM me ivanka, for your details

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
Albert Einstein
11-11-2009
rising star

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/....html#comments

personally, i'm pretty skeptical about gilt. on more than one occasion, i've heard of items being found other places like loehmann's or even at department stores for much cheaper than at gilt. they're completely based on hype. it's like the ebay auction limited time offer mentality that gets people. i also had a pretty unimpressive experience with them. i bought a rogan button up shirt in a women's small, but i was sent a shirt that was huge! it looked like it was cut for men, and in fact, it fit my boyfriend perfectly. i emailed them 4 times, and the only response i got was that they do not accept returns. pretty lame.

Last edited by iamnerdee; 11-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.
12-11-2009
fashion insider

chrissym- you can return stuff within an allotted time, but you don't get a refund. you only get gilt store credit.

i bought a chaiken wool long sleeve dress on gilt... definitely love it! i'm really sad that i missed the rag & bone leggings i wanted more recently. i almost put it in my cart and then all of a sudden it was in someone else's cart. it's pretty cut throat out there...

so if anyone wants an invite, pm me with ur email addy!

21-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnerdee View Post
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/....html#comments

personally, i'm pretty skeptical about gilt. on more than one occasion, i've heard of items being found other places like loehmann's or even at department stores for much cheaper than at gilt. they're completely based on hype. it's like the ebay auction limited time offer mentality that gets people. i also had a pretty unimpressive experience with them. i bought a rogan button up shirt in a women's small, but i was sent a shirt that was huge! it looked like it was cut for men, and in fact, it fit my boyfriend perfectly. i emailed them 4 times, and the only response i got was that they do not accept returns. pretty lame.
I would imagine that buying a dress for $85 on Gilt vs. paying $80 and having to go and schelp and dig through the racks and deal with the people at Loehmann's that it is money well spent.

flaunt the imperfection..

i got a few things recently and was perfectly happy...
my fave new purchase from there is a cashmere knit scarf in a light beige...

but i did try to buy some shoes and someone got them before i could!

it's good, but you do have to decide quickly and grab something if you really want it...

if you need an invite you can use the link in my sig...

10-01-2010
rising star

trying to buy something right now and use my credit i got from returns. has anyone successfully done this? when i click 'checkout' the only payment option is my credit card.

10-01-2010
flaunt the imperfection..

i used a credit- when i went to pay it just automatically deducted the amount of the credit from the total...

10-01-2010
rising star

^thanks for the reply. i did eventually figure it out before the sale went away!

11-01-2010
tfs star

I usually check Gilt every day but lately I've kind of been slacking and of course with my wonderful luck I missed the Alexander Wang accessories sale. I'm still mad about missing that ugh! Of all the days not to check the site EVERYTHING was gone by the time I saw it

21-02-2010
God Save McQueen

I am going to say that I have recently had the worst experience with this company! I have ordered stuff from them in the past and had no issues, I also know many people who have ordered from with without incident.

Last month I ordered something from their erica anenberg sale. I know two other people who ordered from the same exact sale and got their items. After my friends got their items and I heard nothing from them, I get an email saying that due to an "inventory error" they did not have what I ordered, my money would be refunded and they were giving me a $25 credit. To me, it wasn't about the money. I passed up opportunities to buy other items elsewhere because I had ordered that. I made a contract in buying that and they failed to live up to their end and to me, that is something they have to remedy.

Anyway, I grit my teeth and took the credit and combined with another credit I had I bought a ring set from the Me & Ro sale. It shipped very quickly and a week after I ordered I got it in the mail. I opened it up, and it was not what I had ordered. The description on the receipt listed it as what I remembered I had ordered but the items in the box were totally different. I thought they were lovely, maybe even prettier than what I did pick, but at this point my frustration and anger at the company is so strong. I sent them a very strongly worded email but it has been about 3 business days and they have not bothered to respond. Again, extremely poor service and business practices IMO.

I am going to call first thin tomorrow, but I don't even know what they can tell me that will ever make me want to order from them again.

25-02-2010
front row

Yikes! I've never bought anything from them, but looks like they're rather hit-and-miss. They had a Yohji sale once that I almost cried over missing out on (FW08 stuff, gorgeous).
If anyone does want an invite for the site, please PM me- or if that fails, go over to my blog and email me.

11-03-2010
trendsetter

Does Gilt notify you once your item has been shipped? B/c I ordered something about a month ago and have received no word yet only an estimated delivery date but no confirmation.

Anybody?

11-03-2010
catch me if you can

I usually have my stuff within a week or so from buying. Maybe you should contact them to get an updated status.

girl who fell to earth

you can also check the status of your order when you log in... under my account or something

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
feedback, gilt, groupe, info, sale, sample, site