How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-09-2010
trendsetter

^^Yes and Alber saying that it's H&m going luxury and not Lanvin going public gives me the impression that the pieces are certainly not going to be cheap!

03-09-2010
rising star

omg nobody knows how excited i am for this collaboration but honestly i'm worried about the prices The Jimmy Choo collaboration was seriously not cheap by any means and i only bought the blue suede dress and i had a rough time trying to rationalize paying for it but i loved it and took the bullet. i've worn that dress so many times earlier this year before it started getting warm here and honestly if the items are trend-less and somewhat timeless i'm seriously willing to drop some $$ but if it's all trendy pieces that cost upwards $200+ i'm going to pass. Eitherway this is a fabulous thing to look forward to ..

03-09-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^Nope, but I ordered it Should arrive next week!
Could you post some pics when you get it? Our online store opens next week so I'm hoping to order it from there if I don't see it in store before then.

03-09-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloearth View Post
i'm worried about the prices The Jimmy Choo collaboration was seriously not cheap by any means
Your are so right! Alber can wear his clothes by his own if they are overpriced!

03-09-2010
V.I.P.

The Jimmy Choo collection was cheap, considering the quality and the fact that a regular bag would have cost you pretty much 5 times what H&M charged.

It's all relative.

I'm going to be perfectly fine spending say £100 on a piece of Lanvin for H&M, when a regular piece of Lanvin would have cost me £500.

03-09-2010
V.I.P.

Omg Lanvin... that is really cool. Im not overly excited about it though since we wont get it.

HOWEVER!!!!! I did get some exciting news today while at H&M I bought some black high paper bag waist pants & told them I was looking for the khaki too. They told me our store might not get the other color. SO I was like I know... I wish they would get Trend sometime & thats when he told me their manager was away & they were going to be getting divided exclusive & with that would come TREND!!!!!!! I almost squeeeeeeeeeeeeeed out loud LOL. Said it would be here before Christmas!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!! LOL.

Anyways... also bought the cropped sweater that is in the Arizona Dream part of the magazine.

03-09-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
The Jimmy Choo collection was cheap, considering the quality and the fact that a regular bag would have cost you pretty much 5 times what H&M charged.

It's all relative.

I'm going to be perfectly fine spending say £100 on a piece of Lanvin for H&M, when a regular piece of Lanvin would have cost me £500.

Never ever 100 buks for a piece! Although it a gorge evening dress or a high quality bag!

Alber said that it's H&m going luxury and not Lanvin going public!
So i will never ever spend 100 buks for a piece! Although its a gorge evening dress or a high quality bag !

03-09-2010
V.I.P.

i tried on some leather pants from trend today, they fit very well and the leather is not bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
on some flats maybe the dresses are £900+ so yes it's a good saving!

03-09-2010
fashion insider

When I said cheap, i do not meant cheap as in low price, but cheap as tacky. This high fashion designers simply do not know how to design for the high street. I gave up long ago, it's with mild irritation that I hear of yet another colab.

03-09-2010
V.I.P.

no but, consider they have to make it commercial. different customers with different tastes!

03-09-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

For me the only collection that was worth it till now was the Stella McCartney's.

03-09-2010
V.I.P.

can't wait to see the lanvin stuff

04-09-2010
tfs star

i like v&r also ,
anyway - we can think of it like we saving 1000$ on lanvin piece but it is not true. h%M going luxury is still H&M. It is no reason why the pieces should be like half of the normal lanvin price. Collaboration is always more expensive than normal stuff, even trend pieces, but come on. If you can't deal with H&M reality of quality and price - this thing is not for you Alber. On the other hand alber is real good heart so i will wait for any preview of pieces and price before i will burn him in the hall XD

04-09-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAzalie View Post
i like v&r also ,
anyway - we can think of it like we saving 1000$ on lanvin piece but it is not true. h%M going luxury is still H&M. It is no reason why the pieces should be like half of the normal lanvin price. Collaboration is always more expensive than normal stuff, even trend pieces, but come on. If you can't deal with H&M reality of quality and price - this thing is not for you Alber. On the other hand alber is real good heart so i will wait for any preview of pieces and price before i will burn him in the hall XD
Yes and because of that i hope they will stay in the reality with the prices!

04-09-2010
rising star

I won £100 giftcard in a H&M competition yesterday. Might wait to see the Lanvin mens collection before spending it!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, handm, thread