How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-09-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by *k.a.t.e* View Post
Could you post some pics when you get it? Our online store opens next week so I'm hoping to order it from there if I don't see it in store before then.
Sure will I think it will arrive this Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edita View Post
Your are so right! Alber can wear his clothes by his own if they are overpriced!
I'll pay OK so I have the money right now, but I think that owning a piece by Lanvin is worth it. It's the design I'll be paying for, not the materials, if I buy an original Lanvin piece or Lanvin for H&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
When I said cheap, i do not meant cheap as in low price, but cheap as tacky. This high fashion designers simply do not know how to design for the high street. I gave up long ago, it's with mild irritation that I hear of yet another colab.
Has Alber ever designed anything that looked tacky to you?

we were in love

04-09-2010
rising star

New blouse/dress and coat Pics by me.

04-09-2010
Blood On The Leaves

^Love both!

04-09-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

Has Alber ever designed anything that looked tacky to you?
All of them in my opinion designed tacky stuff for the high street, why should he be the exception? I dread to see Lavin style with cheap fabrics and high street finishing.

04-09-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
All of them in my opinion designed tacky stuff for the high street, why should he be the exception? I dread to see Lavin style with cheap fabrics and high street finishing.
Because he's awesome No, seriously.

we were in love

04-09-2010
V.I.P.

I find it quite hilarious that you're going on about cheap finishing? Alber's finishing at Lanvin is cheap? In production terms it's very cheap for the most part! The raw seams and unfinished element is a very cheap element that Lanvin just uses beautifully. I would imagine the only real compromise will be on the quality of the fabric used, but even then...

Cavali isn't to my taste at all, but some of the pieces they created for H&M were spectacular. The short beaded dress they did had the most immaculate finishing and construction that I've ever seen, and I've studied design and work in fashion, so I can say that with some knowledge.

04-09-2010
In Bloom

I think they probably will use more expensive fabrics, and it might be quite expensive.

we were in love

04-09-2010
fashion icon

xjessiex How much was the blouse?

04-09-2010
In Bloom

The olive green wool coat I got and a fab Trend asymmetric dress I got for wearing in Tunisia (and beyond...)

we were in love

04-09-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I find it quite hilarious that you're going on about cheap finishing? Alber's finishing at Lanvin is cheap? In production terms it's very cheap for the most part! The raw seams and unfinished element is a very cheap element that Lanvin just uses beautifully. I would imagine the only real compromise will be on the quality of the fabric used, but even then...

Cavali isn't to my taste at all, but some of the pieces they created for H&M were spectacular. The short beaded dress they did had the most immaculate finishing and construction that I've ever seen, and I've studied design and work in fashion, so I can say that with some knowledge.
Just because it's meant to look unfinished, it doesn't mean it's a cheap finishing. I'm quite surprised with that opinion coming from you. Lanvin has beautifully constructed pieces, all details are thought to give a particular effect, regardless of the fact that is raw or perfectly stitched. It's not exactly the same as having a cheap finishing because you need to lower your production costs.

I did not like the Cavalli collection , Cavalli is tacky on a good day, although i do like some pieces, but mixing that style with H&M just tipped the scale , I have to admit it was not the worst collab to me , I think that honour will always go to the Karl collection. Back in my country they couldn't get rid of it even on the sales racks. And I still didn't recover from the nastiness of Sonia Rykiel and her sweaters & lingerie...
How much input do designers have on this things anyway?

Great Coat, Ida!

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 04-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.

04-09-2010
rising star

Edita It was 34,95 Euro.

The Ida Nice coat!

04-09-2010
In Bloom

The coat was 800 DKR I think, and it's super heavy! They weren't cheap on the wool, that's for sure. Oh, and it fits as if it was made for me

we were in love

04-09-2010
What fresh hell is this.?

I love that coat Ida, I tried it on myself, but on me it was just too bulky. It probably looks fantastic on someone who are higher than 5´2

05-09-2010
In Bloom

I guess it helps that I'm 5"9...I wouldn't mind if it was an inch longer

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 05-09-2010 at 02:28 AM.

05-09-2010
fashion insider

I also bought the camel coat that xjessiex bought. I really hate the belt though but that's easily replaced. A good price compared to other camel coats i've seen so i'm happy and I like the tailoring

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, handm, thread