How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I doubt it'll be someone like Wang. Jimmy Choo did well in terms of accesories, but the clothing sat in store for a long time before being seriously reduced. My guess is they're going to go for a dead cert, a massive name to ensure it creates the biggest buzz and sells really well.

With Sonia Rykiel being the last one, I think perhaps it could be an American or British designer... who knows though! I think it wont be long before we see JPG join the H&M wagon..
JPG would be awesome- lots of stripes!

Concerning American designers: hopefully not Michael Kors
could be DVF or Carolina Herrera though, I can imagine colourful wrap dresses hitting it big time (not my cup of tea though either...)
oh well, being a fw collection, it's rather not summery dresses

Last edited by kate_is_goddess; 18-05-2010 at 07:13 AM.

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

I've said DVF for quite some time. I can imagine the H&M versions of the wrap dresses flying out! But I think she has too much of her own lower price point ranges to do it... although who knows. Matthew Williamson did it, and he has a range at Debenhams here as well?!

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

i doubt it would be jean paul gaultier. his items for target are still in stores now.

i think H&M will collaborate with missoni or dsquared.
carolina herrera said she wanted to collaborate with target, not H&M.

those tall black scrunch boots look awful in the lookbook. i can't imagine anyone wearing anything that bulky in real life.

18-05-2010
In Bloom

I REALLY hope it's not an American designer. Please, Vanessa Bruno or Isabel Marant...

we were in love

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

As I said, Matthew Williamson had for years, and still had a collection with Debenhams, and yet still did the H&M range. I don't think that really means anything that they're doing elsewhere. Stella did H&M followed by Target Australia.

I'd love it to be a cool label like Wang, but I just don't think it will be. I think it'll be a much more established brand who'll do it. Interesting all the same though. H&M have always been the best when it comes to using designers I feel.

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyR View Post
oooo dying to know who the designer collab is with!

Here's some more h&m aw 10 pics! I still like the first few we saw best (mmmmm i love coats)
I need that poncho!!

18-05-2010
fashion insider

Gosh not another colab, they should stick with copying directly from designer...it's always so much nicer...

18-05-2010
tfs star

^^ haha saint words XD

I always get soo excited about collab but like some of you actually did not buy anything yet. Each year is the same - excitement, waiting, seeing collection on a site - first "em oh no", seeing in a store - second "em oh no", walking from a store with empty hand, waiting for next year XD

gosh please be Missoni this year

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I REALLY hope it's not an American designer. Please, Vanessa Bruno or Isabel Marant...
That would be incredible!!

Hmm.. missoni sounds like a reasonable guess. I'd really like to see miu miu for H&M as well.

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

Prada is possible also.

She was interviewed in London by Style magazine and asked if she would ever consider doing a H&M collection, and she said yes. And that she had been asked, but it needed time to be developed, as she didn't want to just do a cheaper version of the Prada line.

So that's a possibility.

We very nearly had Versace for H&M, but Donatella backed out. Apparently she felt it wasn't right to do that to a brand her brother had built, when he might not have wanted to do anything like that..

18-05-2010
In Bloom

I'd love Marni for H&M...

we were in love

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

I hadn't thought of Missoni, but that's a good guess, as they've been badly affected by the recession, so they could totally be going for a H&M collaboration
Of course Isabel Marant or Vanessa Bruno would be awesome, but those are definitely "too cool" for H&M right now. They would get nothing out of such a collab (especially Marant who still thinks she's all exclusive in spite of Miley Cyrus wearing her colthes to every Disney event).
And OMG, Prada? Now that would be something!

18-05-2010
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I don't think it's gonna be IM. I got an impression she doesn't want to collaborate with brands like H&M.

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

^ H&M is a good brand though :S

18-05-2010
Blood On The Leaves

I know, but she said she doesn't like brands like Zara (and other street brands), because they're copying her clothes.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, handm, thread