How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-12-2010
fashion elite

nice buys Vegalyn, i like both items

16-12-2010
rising star

thx, Aby!

That's the reason why I love H&M, I find the most wonderful little gems at unexpected moments.

16-12-2010
scenester

Hi!

I just bought so nice 100% cashmere cardican in purple from H&M kids deparment for 10€! ONLY TEN EUROS!!!!!
It was on sale, but it's normal price was only 19,95€. There was warm pink and bright blue ones too, but they were at normal price, still quite cheap-ies.
I just love, love, love it! Great bargain.

-Jutta-

PS Why are those nice materials, like merino and cashmere wools, made for men and kids, but very hard to find, or don't exist, for women?

16-12-2010
V.I.P.

^I don't think I've ever seen any cashmere sweaters or cardigans in the women's section. Thanks for the hint about them having some in the kids department. I really need some cheap new cardis (I keep losing them and don't have any left ) and cahsmere cardigans for €10 sounds awesome!

16-12-2010
front row

I have seen other members post about kids cardigans in other threads, but I am not able to find the posts right now... Jutta, could you post a pic of the purple one maybe? Where exactly did you find it?

I have read in a book (I think it was Secondhand Chic) that if you want to train to spot good quality you should always go to men's clothing section because that is where you usually find the best quality. Their clothing is not as trend driven as women's/hasn't changed much over the years and they usually expect better craftmenship from clothes than women do, at least that what I guess.

16-12-2010
scenester

Hi!

I'm not with my camera right now, but here it is;
http://onechicmama.blogg.se/2010/aug...mir-pa-hm.html

-Jutta-

16-12-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidsandcats View Post
I have read in a book (I think it was Secondhand Chic) that if you want to train to spot good quality you should always go to men's clothing section because that is where you usually find the best quality. Their clothing is not as trend driven as women's/hasn't changed much over the years and they usually expect better craftmenship from clothes than women do, at least that what I guess.
this is so true.

a lot of men's shirts from high street brands such as H&M are much better cut than their female equivalents. At the moment, H&M Men does a very nice collection of 100% merino wool sweaters and cardigans in diverse colors. The model is simple and classic. These garments with the same quality of material are seldom if not never seen at womens' section.

I also often find cool accessories at the Men's section.

Thx for sharing the info Jutta. I might go and have a look at the kid's department tomorrow. That striped sweater is just too cute.

16-12-2010
V.I.P.

I get most of my knits from the h&m mens section. The quality is much better, less acrylic, better cuts and color selections. The only obstacle is that it's hard to find a size XS, which is the only size where the shoulders aren't too wide. I love the sweaters, shirts and knits they do for for the men's trend label. You get soft cotton, real wool and good silk for much less then what you'd have to pay if it was a women's item.

17-12-2010
front row

I tried on those poppy red high waisted shorts from the spring collection today...
unfortunately they had a terrible fit! I tried on the 36 and the 38 and they were equally bad...
And I was totally picturing myself wearing them all summer before i tried them on
anyways they had lots of spring stuff, mostly the 70s/minimalism things and some items with polka dots!

17-12-2010
rising star

does anyone know if H&M will sale any faux fur jackets/coats this season?

19-12-2010
windowshopping

damaged items
Hello all...never posted before so here goes nothing...
what is it with H&M's policy of not marking down damaged items that are already on sale?
Bought a dress in the sales last week that had a rip down the side but that I still wanted to buy (it just needed to be sewed up..) but staff informed me that they never give further discounts on damaged items...in Topshop and Mango I know they mark down stuff...anyone have any idea why or why not?

Thanks in advance...

21-12-2010
fashion icon

Should I return these pants? I'm not so sure about the cut/style anymore..

vogue diaries

Last edited by MissyJG; 21-12-2010 at 05:46 PM.

21-12-2010
V.I.P.

Are spring items arriving in the stores already? Just wondering cuz in the magazine I saw a lovely white I guess you call it trompe l'oeil sweater in the preview of the spring collection that I must have.

22-12-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

^yes!

22-12-2010
fashion elite

MissyJG are these pants available online? i love them and would like to get them too

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, handm, thread