How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-08-2005
windowshopping

The H&M Thread
H&M Launches Denim Line
LaChapelle does ads

Thursday, August 18, 2005

H&M campaign
(NEW YORK)
H&M is a company known for making a splash, whether through its shockingly affordable prices or its headline-grabbing events. Capitalizing on the latter, the Swedish retail giant is launching H&Mdenim, a new line of high-premium denim that will feature 100 different styles for men and women, available in a slew of washes and shades, featuring special touches like grommets and rhinestones. The line, which will range in price from $39.90 to $69.90, hopes to catapult H&M into the denim market, an area that the company hasn’t been known for in the past. A special advertising campaign—which will, nationally, run exclusively in the September and October issues of Interview magazine as well as other regional publications throughout the country—has been created by controversial lensman David LaChapelle to accompany the denim launch, scheduled for the end of September. A pre-launch of select styles is currently in H&M stores now.

To celebrate the occasion, H&M will host a party along with LaChapelle and Interview magazine at Splashlight Studios on September 14 during Fashion Week. At the event, guests will view a six-minute short film developed by LaChapelle that features Mary J. Blige and former American Idol contestant Tamyra Gray wearing H&Mdenim. In addition, as part of the company’s media plan, the short film will play during previews in select movie theaters across the nation.
JIM SHI

From The Daily

(those jeans on the girl look very skinny! )

19-08-2005
front row

Yeah, I've actually seen/tried some of the jeans. They have a skinny cut for men that it is very skinny. I mean, they were so skinny I had to go up a size or two from my actual size of US 33.

19-08-2005
windowshopping

I've got the womans skinny fit from H&M and i them. Such a lovely comfortable fit on me, very good quality too for the price, you can't conplain

19-08-2005
V.I.P.

Ts, the problem is that all the low waist jeans for men seem to be developed for men with toothpick legs... I still have to meet a guy in person who can wear such jeans, cause most guys I know either don't have such legs or they do but are not fashion concious at all.

I'd pick up some very low waist, bootcut, dark indigo jeans if they gon' have 'em like that.

19-08-2005
windowshopping

This raises a few questions for me atleast.
1. What will the quality be like? Is it even worth investing in a pair just for scientific reasons?
2. How will they look after a weeks wear?
3. Is the backpatch removable without leaving any marks?
4. Why do people that don't use the dh body get it without even trying or caring and then complain about being to skinny...

19-08-2005
windowshopping

Morningstar, that's a faboulous news for me! I love skinny jeans but often I cant find my size (I'm a 28, but i own a pair of Helmut Langs size 26)...

19-08-2005
front row

100 different styles? jesus, i have trouble picking out the pair i want from 5!

19-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

their jeans have always been popular...

lots of models wear them in nyc...

19-08-2005
backstage pass

Niiice.

19-08-2005
V.I.P.

I wish there was an H&M around here.

19-08-2005
rising star

i love their skinny jeans. i'll have to pick up a pair for 'back to school' shopping, happy to know there will be many to choose from

19-08-2005
front row

I have a coupla pairs of the H&M skinny jeans, a light wash & a dark wash. Being that it's summer here, I haven't worn them all that much, but when I did, I was a very happy customer. Kinda makes me wonder why I shelled out so much $$$ for other jeans that I suspect I won't be wearing as much

--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., "Cat's Cradle"

19-08-2005
front row

Skinny Minnie?
I'm really curious about how this style will fit me. Considering the fact that my jean size is a 6(due to my full thighs and spoon shaped body). I think that this style is totally London hipster and I would love to experiment with it. I recently found a really awesome very oversized, black sweater from Chloe that I would love to wear with a pair of dusty gray skinnies! What do you guys think? Do I really have to be a size two to pull this look off? And what it my legs aren't growing out of my neck? Will I look like a fool? Should I go for it?
JATE

19-08-2005
front row

ooo my sister will be happy, she ownes like every thing thats in H&M

20-08-2005
front row

in my experience, jeans from h&m have never struck me as being particularly well-cut. when i saw these new styles (there's been a kind of preview i guess, at least that's what the label in the pair i wound up buying says), i really liked the washing and the details on the back pockets of one particular pair. it's not skinny, but slightly boot-legged. i tried them on and for the first time ever, it seemed like i'd found what had become sort of an urban myth to me: a pair of h&m jeans that actually did something positive for my behind. so i bought them, and i've been wearing them pretty frequently the last few weeks. i've noticed, though, that they already don't fit as nicely as they did when i first got them. i'm still wearing them now, but i fear for what the future might bring... so i wouldn't recommend them, on account of how they 'hold up' after wearing and a few times in the washing machine.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, thread