How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ in my store they thought I was talking about something non-existant. What? Cuff? Hair? Huh!?

19-10-2011
fashion insider

Are the hair cuffs really sold out or just not in store yet? I stopped by one where the SA told me she had been looking for them too but never seen them in their store. I asked my sis to check out a store in Birmingham, UK but the SA didn't know what she was talking about either. It just seems odd that some SAs don't even know about them/seen them.

Last edited by advo; 19-10-2011 at 02:51 PM.
19-10-2011
V.I.P.

^I think most shops just didn't get them.

fashion insider

^That might be possible for smaller stores, but not for the big ones. I know for a fact (used to work in H&M) that the one I visited which hadn't seen them at all, is one of the biggest stores in DK.

19-10-2011
fashion icon

^which means some big stores didn't have them either right. Cause that's what I think. The one I got it from is pretty big. There were a lot of cuffs where I bought them but they were sold out within a few days. Girls on another forum were looking everywhere for them in my country (Holland). It's a small country so basically every store was being searched for the cuffs for a while. Some big stores in big cities had them, others big stores didn't. It's like they were randomly distrubuted cause one poster said she bought them in a small H&M/city where they never have good stuff.

Last edited by MissyJG; 19-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.
19-10-2011
front row

Does anyone know of any H&M "buying agents" for H&M's UK ecommerce website? I use a "buying agent" - a kind of intermediary - to buy things from Korean websites which I couldn't purchase on my own (since I can't translate the language and since they don't ship to the U.S.). They charge a small fee. Has any 3rd party service like that popped up on the web for H&M's UK shopping site? The H&Ms in my area do not carry many of the items I want on the website and there's no one in any major city to buy and ship to me. I was wondering if anyone found a 3rd party website that purchases from UK websites and ships to U.S. shoppers... particularly for the UK H&M website...

20-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
^which means some big stores didn't have them either right. Cause that's what I think. The one I got it from is pretty big. There were a lot of cuffs where I bought them but they were sold out within a few days. Girls on another forum were looking everywhere for them in my country (Holland). It's a small country so basically every store was being searched for the cuffs for a while. Some big stores in big cities had them, others big stores didn't. It's like they were randomly distrubuted cause one poster said she bought them in a small H&M/city where they never have good stuff.
It seems very odd that they would be randomly distributed. My guess is approx. all stores got them and they were sold out before some employees even saw them. It also depends on who you ask. If you ask a part-time employee or someone who doesn't belong to the accessories department then they might never have seen because they sold so fast. The reason why your friend found some in a small boutique is likely because they have less business/traffic in that store.

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
yes, I dont love in a big city, but we have 3 H&Ms. the two bigger ones didnt had it, but the smallest one had it for a few days. but was sold out fast.

backstage pass

i think it just has to be random distribution. i'm currently on the hunt for this knock off chanel cardigan, which i first saw at century city. (there was only one, which i assume was a return.) i have since been to the h&m in glendale (which had every size but mine) and pasadena (none.) i have had a friend who works at beverly center (biggest location in l.a. area) check as well. and i work at the one in culver city. (nary to appear yet) *sigh*

backstage pass

U.S.! New womens price ad's are being released today!

fashion insider

^^Never heard about random distribution before though and it would be a rather odd way to run a huge business. It doesn't make sense at all that some stores just didn't get them unless there was a limited amount. And with other limited products, they go to the best-selling stores first. At least that's how it has been before.

myown, but it's probably because the big stores were sold out before the small one since they have much higher traffic.

Last edited by advo; 20-10-2011 at 11:47 AM.
20-10-2011
backstage pass

i get what your saying but for in my case glendale (valley store) to get an item before beverly center (flagship store for l.a.) something is not adding up. this wasn't a collaboration or something from the trend collection. it wasn't even on the website....

fashion insider

^How do you know the Beverly store didn't get them and they weren't just sold out because it's the flagship store so the traffic is obviously very high?

I guess it's really a very irrelevant discussion since all we really care about is getting the darn hair cuff.

20-10-2011
front row

I got that hair cuff in the biggest h&m in Copenhagen two weeks ago, it was after it was all over the interwebs... and they still had a couple left! and I don't want to ruin things for you girls lusting after it, but it's not so great... It's too chunky.

fashion insider

^The one on Amagertorv? I did read that you needed quite a bit of hair to fill it out. It's probably not that great, but it's the only one atm, right? The alternative is to go to a hardware store?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, handm, thread