How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

i tried on an 80$ oversized sweater from the paris collection. it shed like crazy and was leaving lumps of angora on the ground.

i was not impressed by the other stuff.

19-12-2013
fashion insider

H&M Divided Red navy 'striped' sweater. It's kinda pricey for the piece of shi(r)t it is but if someone else buys it for me i won't complain too much

ugh the H&M website drives me bonkers! it's hit or miss on them actually having the select items i like in-store on the website/online.

H&m sweater.JPG
my snap

V.I.P.

i am really over H&M the quality is awful.

fashion elite

Me too, I can't resist to peek once in a while, but everytime I'm disappointed with the quality and how thin the garments are.

V.I.P.

yeah I agree. They have pretty pieces and sometimes I actually buy a shirt. But everytime I am so disappointed with the quality. It tears so fast!

tfs star

I've bought quite a few pieces from H&M over the past few months and I'm very disappointed with their quality too. I guess I was just expecting too much. The experiences I've had with H&M in the past were (mostly) fine for the price, but recently not anymore. Admittedly the quality can vary, but their sweaters are just awful. I'm lucky enough to have a seamstress who did a great job on the sweaters (some worn only once!) and at a very reasonable price, but still. Now I think twice before actually buying something.

19-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
I've bought quite a few pieces from H&M over the past few months and I'm very disappointed with their quality too. I guess I was just expecting too much. The experiences I've had with H&M in the past were (mostly) fine for the price, but recently not anymore. Admittedly the quality can vary, but their sweaters are just awful. I'm lucky enough to have a seamstress who did a great job on the sweaters (some worn only once!) and at a very reasonable price, but still. Now I think twice before actually buying something.
very few of their sweaters will keep you warm. most of them are made from acrylic and other artificial fibers. i dont see how anyone can expect any of H&M's $14.95 sweaters to be warm.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
very few of their sweaters will keep you warm. most of them are made from acrylic and other artificial fibers. i dont see how anyone can expect any of H&M's $14.95 sweaters to be warm.
I'm perfectly aware of that and I try to avoid acryl and similar fabrics (or at least high percentage of them) whenever possible, because most synthetic fabrics cause me to be extremely uncomfortable. On the other hand I find few types of wool very itchy too, so I have to search for nice blends. But that's not what I had in mind anyway. I was talking about poor stitching, pilling and lint balls.

22-12-2013
scenester

I had quite good experiences with H&M is the past months. I got two cashmere cardigans, they are a bit thin, but I find the quality very good - no pilling at all. I also got a Trend wool sweater on sale (from last year's collection) which also has great quality and didn't change its shape at all. Same thing for a acrylic/cotton sweater and most of the t-shits.
However, in the summer I got a grey cotton t-shirt which is now 2 sizes smaller and a push-up bra which looks like it's 5 years old, but overall I'm happy with the quality. I guess it's also a matter of luck - some pieces have good quality, some don't, some are awful.

25-12-2013
In Bloom

I just bought a cashmere scarf and two wool cardigans, all in very good quality. I don't know what you guys are complaining about, don't buy cotton and acrylic sweaters and expect them to keep you warm then? Those are the only things I've bought from H&M this season, quite happy about it. I paid less than £40 for it all because I got it on sale.

hm.com

we were in love

27-12-2013
trendsetter

^ I've got the same scarf and it's fantastic. SO soft and the quality is amazing (especially for the price)

tfs star

I really wanted that scarf, but unfortunately we didn't get it here.

I love your cardigans, Ida! They both look very nice.

09-02-2014
V.I.P.

i just got the scarf too, but they only had black left online, so i went with that. it was surprisingly large, very soft and cozy. i'm not fooling myself into thinking that it'll last for ever and ever, but until it breaks down or i lose it, it should do well with keeping me warm.

16-02-2014
tfs star

Im looking for 60s style overknee, probably suede, boots form ss 2014, anyone saw them in store yet?

They came in black and beige

02-04-2014
trendsetter

I bought a pair of skinny jeans about a month ago, but I have to handwash them because they leak color. Anyone else had the same problem? I just want to know if this ever stops or will I have to wash them separetly forever.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, handm, thread