The H&M Thread #4 - Page 48 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
18-02-2018
V.I.P.

I find this very interesting ... since they just opened a huge new store in my town, Palm Springs (which is once again, "cool" and is growing like a weed).

So, I took a look at recent news to see what they are saying. Pretty much as you stated it ... crashing.
Quote:
.... With the value of their H&M shares down about 45 percent since the end of 2016, owners said management gave a lot of details on pretty much everything except the main product.

“The offering is the core problem,” said Erik Sjostrom, a fund manager at H&M shareholder Skandia. "The fashion, the price, the distribution and I believe they are off both in terms of fashion and price."

H&M says it expects online sales to rise at least 25 percent this year while sales from e-commerce and non-H&M formats like COS, Weekday and newly launched Arket will nearly triple from last year’s level by 2022. Together, those labels account for less than one-tenth of sales.

“What I’m hearing is that everything except core H&M is doing well, but it’s core H&M that’s the main business,” Sjostrom said. ......

.... When it comes to the main business, the outlook is far from encouraging. The H&M brand is “relevant” for now, but has “a fast deteriorating appeal” after years of complacency, Chaviaras said. Meanwhile, the competition has “progressed rapidly” in everything from a well-functioning and nimble supply chain, to the look and quality of the products being sold, he said.
source: businessoffashion.com

18-02-2018
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
I find this very interesting ... since they just opened a huge new store in my town, Palm Springs (which is once again, "cool" and is growing like a weed).

So, I took a look at recent news to see what they are saying. Pretty much as you stated it ... crashing.
yes- i read it in the news...
it isn't my opinion...
there was an actual graph showing the profits and it was all sharply downhill recently...

Last edited by softgrey; 18-02-2018 at 04:25 PM.
18-02-2018
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post

can't stop thinking how odd it is that they are opening new stores...
especially a big one...

palm springs also sounds amazing...
i've always wanted to go...

18-02-2018
V.I.P.

Yeah, I know. Still opening stores .... that's why this surprised me.

Maybe they had signed a contract a long time ago and couldn't get out or it. This new city center has been stalled for a few years, but it's finally open and all the new stores are pouring in.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, handm, thread