How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-10-2008
front row

They don't look like anything special. They're just tight dark wash jeans with a slightly higher waist, and the butt pockets are really up there to make the butt look more perky.

07-10-2008
fashion insider

Try J Brand jeans. They have the slimming effect. That or Ksubi.

10-12-2008
V.I.P.

I got these a while ago and at first I was unsure but after loosing a few pounds now I like them. I was really surprised that they actually kind of do what they claim, the slimming panels they talk about do exist. Although I think they'll be slimming for some people and would make others just look fatter depending on your shape. The jeans get really super tight from just above the knee to about an inch or two below the inseam, but since they're so stretchy you can still get them on without a problem. If you run your hand over the front of your leg you can actually feel where this is. What this does is it pushes fat from the middle of your leg up and I think forward a little as well. This makes the gap between my legs a bigger in the middle and smaller at the top where the fat is being pushed to, giving me almost kind of a bow legged type look but overall I do look a little smaller. These are definitely my most flattering jeans with longer tops but I stick with siwy or earnest sewn with shorter tops which are also slimming but shape my legs differently. I imagine they'd work well on someone with a boyish body that wants more curves.

So far they've stretched out some after a few years like all jeans but have gotten back their original shape after washing but I am concerned about them loosing their shape since they're so stretchy. Theres a note on them that the dye may come off for the first 2-3 washes and it really does so be careful if anyone gets them. After 3 washes they still turn my legs blue and I had to touch up part of my wall that I stained just by leaning on it. Another thing I dont like is how high waisted they are, I'm 5'3" and they go up almost till my belly button. High waisted jeans never stay up well on me.

bottom line is they're good flattering jeans I doubt I'll be buying another pair. These are about $180 I think and I can get earnest sewns for under $100 on sale which I'm just as happy with.

Last edited by Guessgirl96; 10-12-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
skinnyjeans