How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-07-2009
oh! darling

My brother says he has seen steamers with the store's fragrances in it to wand over clothing, and that's why they all smell the same.

I bought one shirt from Abercrombie once and the material was fantastic and soft, but it made me sweat more than usual. Fortunately I lost it in a friend's dorm during a drunken night, but it really slimmed me down (proabably because it was dark blue).

27-07-2009
doldrums

The clothing never were appealing to me. I rather shop at old navy or target for basics.

28-07-2009
front row

I agree that A&F has some very cute and flattering tops. Nearly all of my favorite tank tops are from there.

28-07-2009
rising star

i really love their cable v neck sweaters. anyone know where i can get one in cream?

28-07-2009
scenester

Not a big fan of the A&F brands, but their underwear store (Gilly hicks/concept 5) is fantastic! I love how the store is set out, and the products inside aren't bad, either.

Not sure how I feel about their marketing though

28-07-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcr View Post
i really love their cable v neck sweaters. anyone know where i can get one in cream?
Probably either at Hollister or Abercrombie :p
They'll probably start coming out with their sweaters soon to get ready for back to school shopping and the fall/winter collection.

28-07-2009
oh! darling

Quote:
Not sure how I feel about their marketing though
This reminded me of my trip to NYC in early June.

In the door of the A&F, there was an African-American male model with his shirt OFF standing in the doorway. In my town, I can't imagine that happening. Maybe it was a publicity thing

scenester

^ I'm pretty sure they do that regularly at the flagship. Just cause, they're you know, provocative I've heard the models outside the massive hollister store are similarly lacking in terms of clothes.

Apparently the new hollister is set up in a really odd way, like a maze of little rooms instead of just open space, so I guess I can see why it would be un-appealing. That and the dark, noisy, windowless, four-story box factor.

29-07-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
This reminded me of my trip to NYC in early June.

In the door of the A&F, there was an African-American male model with his shirt OFF standing in the doorway. In my town, I can't imagine that happening. Maybe it was a publicity thing
That is a daily thing, in every flagship store. You even get to take a poloroid pictures with the shirtless models!

lol. Its very.. Abercrombie.

Quote:
Apparently the new hollister is set up in a really odd way, like a maze of little rooms instead of just open space, so I guess I can see why it would be un-appealing. That and the dark, noisy, windowless, four-story box factor.
Sounds a lot like Gilly hicks to me.

30-07-2009
front row

a&f has great prices during their sales/clearances. the store at the grove in LA has half-naked (shirtless) male store models in the entry. hahah. what a job...

31-07-2009
blink once. blink twice.

Same logo, different colored t-shirts, shorts, sweaters,
must I go on? yawn.
I really never got the appeal of Hollister and Abercombie&Fitch.
I remember this one time this girl called it 'Afercombie&B----'

V.I.P.

it's not fashion forward, nor did it ever claim to be, but it's a brand which sells basics. some of which fit like a dream and push/stretch/pull/hide/highlight whatever you're working with in a good way.

31-07-2009
oh! darling

Amen, STYLEOCIDE.

front row

I went to the new Hollister store in Soho... I don't understand how you can shop in that store. The music or models weren't my problem but the fact that YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. They dimmed the lights so low, it hurt to shop. I tried on some shorts and while they fit my waist fine, not my thighs. I guess its only geared to those girls who are lucky to be size 0 all over.

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

On the note of Gilly Hicks...now that store is a maze. They do some really good basics, but I'm still loyal to VS for my innerwear (only because I take a 34DD bra and they only go up to D's).

I haven't shopped at A&F/Hollister in over a year and I don't feel I am missing anything. The only thing I would buy are jeans, because the 10S (short) fits me perfectly, and they are better quality than the Joe's Jeans that I had.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abercombie, fitch, hollister