How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

IMO there is no difference between A&F and Hollister. Only the Label is the different.

01-09-2011
backstage pass

I really love A and F and the UK's Jack wills for casual comfy slouching about the house clothes!

07-09-2011
front row

as far as the smell goes... as a former Hollister employee... they were the only people that would hire me at 16 lol... it's mandatory for employees to spray whatever scent they happen to be promoting that season every 30 minutes. On the mannequins and on the actual clothing... 8-12 inches away... if you look behind the shelves theres always a bottle of the scent ready to go ...

08-09-2011
tfs star

My 9 year old niece wanted a trip to Hollister for her birthday. I was like since when do 9 year olds wear Hollister?!

windowshopping

Everytime when I walk into the Hollister her in Glasgow I feel like ****, because they only hire models or really beautiful people and I wish I looked like them...

07-12-2011
windowshopping

I used to really hate both brands. I associate it with the kinds of cliquey, trendy girls that I went to high school with.
The branding is so over the top it's like walking around with billboards all over your body. Every season they seem to have almost the same styles. Actually, I feel like they almost always have the same colors, too (especially navy, grey, and other muted tones).
I started not to hate them after I found them second-hand. It's harder to find clothes that aren't plastered with the brand name but if you can get past that, their clothes often fit in a way that's very flattering.

10-12-2011
windowshopping

I really love their jeans. I think they have a great fit. Their knit layers and some of the sweaters are really comfortable as well. I buy a lot of my basics at A&F, such as a white tee or jeans or a navy tank. However, I don't like the tees with the brand name plastered all over it.

23-12-2011
Some Like It Hot

I, surprisingly, bought a pair of Hollister sweat pants the other day in a Maroon color in Super Skinny and the fit is really good, my only concern was the length, i asked if they did a longer leg as I'm a giraffe, they didn't, but all the lengths of the sweat pants on the rail (in my style, size and color) were all different lengths and me and the sales girl found ourselves having a competition as to who could find the longer trouser leg, considering they were all marked as 'regular'.

V.I.P.

both are shipping to europe/germany now. and there is a lot in the sale-section.

backstage pass

I remember wanting to check both stores out because I kept seeing the names plastered on hoodies, tees, etc. I liked the stores at the time but now I find them to be terrible, mediocre at best. I'm not a size 0 so I have to buy large at those stores. Even large is not good enough sometimes which is messed up. I still own a few items from hollister and A and F but i don't plan on buying anymore clothes from there unless it's on sale. The handbags are really durable, but not very attractive. Also, I think it's very odd to have photos of naked people when the store is selling clothes.

V.I.P.

wow I was just about to order some pieces from their website. actually all I wanted was a vest but then I put more stuff in the card. I went to the paypal page for paying and accomplished that and after I finished it lead me back to the hollister page and it said the vest is sold out
that´s like I was standing in line for selling and someone comes wrest the vest out of my hand and pays.

Tags
abercombie, fitch, hollister