How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2007
fashion icon

^ Oh that's nice of him!

11-07-2007
front row

If I buy something expensive it takes....oh MONTHS to save up. I'm in my 20s on my own with a buttload of debt! But I do like to look. I had to take a break from tFS for a while because it made me depressed looking at all the pretty things and buying none. Then I got a better job and I have a tiny bit more play money. I often think there are few people that actually do go out and buy lots of designer stuff. i buy most of mine second-hand.

the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
My brother started a small business while he was in high school which has grown in the last few years. He's quite generous and takes care of me and my mom
That's very sweet of him.

V.I.P.

Dad's credit card

11-07-2007
backstage pass

sales and sample sales

travel
and buy over there v. stateside (heh the times i have gone to paris = jan and aug, care to guess why? :p jk, purely coincidences, but it'll be intentional from now on--greatest buys/sales i've seen!)

plus i don't buy that much (or sell redundant pieces)...

Last edited by lesypersound; 11-07-2007 at 11:49 PM.
12-07-2007
trendsetter

Sales. Sales. Sales. Hahahaha, I just get one designer item a month and then I get some lesser brands like FCUK and American Apperal. Like this month I bought a Dior shirt on sale, McQueen shirt from Yoox and two skull scars from McQueen and that's all I buy until August.

fashion elite

i really dont spend my money on anything but clothes, because i dont have to.

i end up saving money pretty quickly, and i dont go voerboard with designer stuff. the stuff i buy will be good for a very long time, its classic, and it works. i dont buy frivilous crap (tho i love my betsey johnson and anna sui dresses!!!)

12-07-2007
the crying of humanity

I actually don't own one "designer" piece. They're just too expensive for me; I can't justify paying $100+ for a pair of shoes or $200+ for a dress. I look through the sales sections of every store and website, but everything is simply over my budget.

trendsetter

I have saved up for alot of things- my Mulberry bags mainly. And I have just got a new job so I will save instead of spend for a while- for both uni and fashion essentials!

fashion icon

I own know designer clothing what so ever, simply because a) I can't afford it when its at full price b) I live know where near any designer stores, so can't get to the sales. I am so envious of all the clothes you guys all have

13-07-2007
backstage pass

Wow, I thought I was practically the only one on this thread that couldn't afford designer stuff...

I have a few things that I saved up for but nothing close to a Chanel or Birkin bag or Louboutin shoes! Most people my age (22, in college) that I know who have things like that get it from their parents.

I know a few girls that are strippers just so they can afford designer items. This is sad to me. There's no amount of money in the world that is worth your integrity...

13-07-2007
technicolor tweed

^^
wow I've heard of oddball jobs in college but I can't imagine any college student I know being a stripper

14-07-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I actually don't own one "designer" piece.
The same with me.
I do have some Guess, Moschino and Just Cavalli stuff, but I don't really see them as real designer peaces. Probably because I don't think to highly of the brands and it doesn't come close to Gucci or Louis Vuitton or anything.

I still live with my mom, but I pay my own books for school and insurance (hope that is the right english word)..so I don't have much money left from that.
To be specific, on the moment you could say I'm too sick too work
(got ptss, it's got something to do with an afwul lot of stress and panic attacks) I DO go to school, but afterwards you could say I'm too tired to have a job. I get money from the state to take care of myself.
It's about €463 a month (that is currently $638) and I loose about €230 ($317) for things I NEED to pay. Than I also buy my own food, to make it a bit easier for my mom AND all things needed for my cat. Than I only shop from whatever's left over at h&m, ZARA and sometimes Guess..

I don't see myself with a Birkin anytime soon

14-07-2007
front row

I don't own ANY designer pieces... my most expensive bag was about 65€ for a Marc O'Polo shopper... go figure.

Not even my mum owns designer pieces... We don't have that much money.

I'm a med student, my parents pay for rent, food everything... but it's not much I have per month and even if I do one biggish shopping spree at H&M once in a while, I probably will end up running out on money by the end of the month and borrowing from others (or I would literally starve). I'm looking into finding a job, but with my schedule it has so far been impossible to really work during semesters... it's not as easy as people often imagine.

So I don't do shopping right now. I learned my lesson. I just can't afford it.

The only time I have some money is when I work during semester holidays for a month... even then, my wage is not enough to get me far (if I want to go on holiday also-oh my!). It's hard earned (dirty, boring work), and I'm not gonna spend it on one designer item

I have some hundred euros on some kind of account that was set up when I was little but that is sth I need for *really* hard times - you never know what will happen. It isn't that much anyway.

So yeah - I might not be a sophisticated dresser, but at least I'm not spending Daddy's money on things a twenty-two year old student doesn't necessarily need...

14-07-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarine View Post
I don't own ANY designer pieces... my most expensive bag was about 65€ for a Marc O'Polo shopper... go figure.

Not even my mum owns designer pieces... We don't have that much money.

I'm a med student, my parents pay for rent, food everything... but it's not much I have per month and even if I do one biggish shopping spree at H&M once in a while, I probably will end up running out on money by the end of the month and borrowing from others (or I would literally starve). I'm looking into finding a job, but with my schedule it has so far been impossible to really work during semesters... it's not as easy as people often imagine.

So I don't do shopping right now. I learned my lesson. I just can't afford it.

The only time I have some money is when I work during semester holidays for a month... even then, my wage is not enough to get me far (if I want to go on holiday also-oh my!). It's hard earned (dirty, boring work), and I'm not gonna spend it on one designer item

I have some hundred euros on some kind of account that was set up when I was little but that is sth I need for *really* hard times - you never know what will happen. It isn't that much anyway.

So yeah - I might not be a sophisticated dresser, but at least I'm not spending Daddy's money on things a twenty-two year old student doesn't necessarily need...
I feel soo guilty reading your post.....,because I do buy lot's of things I dont really need....like....Another pair of designer shoes

I can afford them,but sometimes i wish i can be less selfish and use the money on something more useful for others,or maybe save for my own future???

Well,I really admire your honesty,and hey...You can be stylish with H&M too you know!!!

Last edited by PursePrincess; 14-07-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
afford, designer, items