How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2005
V.I.P.

I usually wash them after two wears, but after reading this thread I think I may become lazy...

But, I plan on wearing my jeans again tomorrow, after already 3 wears, since they go with the new top I bought today.

14-12-2005
trendsetter

I wash mine after every wear. I like them to fit snug.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
14-12-2005
front row

before i put a pair of jeans on i give them the sniff test - if they smell ok i will keep on wearing them, if i detect any trace of a funky smell they get washed. as far as adding vinegar/sugar/salt/whatever.... no. i don't like giving that much thought to laundry. dark goes with dark, warm wash, detergent, and into the dryer. doesn't matter how expensive.

14-12-2005
front row

Once every three months or whenever they lose their shape or if I poop my pants (whichever comes first, I have yet to poop my pants...YET being the operative word)...that is of course unless my girlfriend, mom or maid decides to take it upon themself to put my jeans in the wash for me against my will...
"hello, if they're slung over the chair, that means I'm still wearing them!"

If they lose their shape, i sometimes just starch my jeans, but that is a conversation for another day (and another board)...

14-12-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazie ninja
If they lose their shape, i sometimes just starch my jeans, but that is a conversation for another day (and another board)...

wat do you do to starch your jeans? anyone else here do the same?

I have jeans wit some creases behind the knee tat I'm concerned may b flattened/dulled if I wash it...

and I have another pair of stiff indigo, tat I haven't washed cuz I don't want to lose the rigidness....

14-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmetro
wat do you do to starch your jeans? anyone else here do the same?

I have jeans wit some creases behind the knee tat I'm concerned may b flattened/dulled if I wash it...

and I have another pair of stiff indigo, tat I haven't washed cuz I don't want to lose the rigidness....
Well, there are several ways to starch your jeans if you want to maintain their shape, ridigity and/or creases behind the knees aka honeycombs. The easiest way is to use a spray on starch that you can buy at walmart or target. One brand that people like is Easy on. and basically you spray them (you dont have to flip them inside out as it will soak through) and let them dry. Somepeople like to let them dry while wearing them, but that's a little much for me. Also, some people consider this cheating, but I think its fair game. if your interested in reading more about jean maintenance, PM me and I will let you know another board where they take their denim seriously.

Good luck...

starching my jeans since '87...

14-12-2005
fashion elite

what a good question... I have never thought about it...
but I wash them after wearing them like 3 times... how wierd huh...

mme
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius_21
^

I thought I was the only one that rarely washed my jeans . I wash mine whenever they get crap on it or lif they look "dirty". There is one pair that fits bitter after it's been washed so that one gets in the washing machine pretty often .
Phew, I thought I was the only one too :p I also only wash them when they look dirty or get gross.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, wash