How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2005
Yes, please

Hah, apparently you're not as neurotic as me, softie! But my neuroses is well-documented among my friends (and my dry cleaners!). I'll plan an outfit in its entirety the night before, shower in the morning glad that I don't have to think about what to wear, then realize that the weather report has made my plans completely inappropriate, therefore ruining whatever theme I may have had for that week (yes, sometimes I dress in themes for a week. Be afraid. Be very afraid!), and ruining the order and frequency with which I wanted to wear a certain item, creating a domino effect with the other items and I...

...I...

...I think I better stop now. All these shocked open mouths from TFSers is unnerving!

05-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

^

sorry softie, I must have misread what you typed. Regardless, I guess I like my clothes with a little wear and tear, depending. I like that they look used and loved. Not always (for example, am very anal about fading blacks) but yes....that is all I'm saying :p

05-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
Hah, apparently you're not as neurotic as me, softie! But my neuroses is well-documented among my friends (and my dry cleaners!). I'll plan an outfit in its entirety the night before, shower in the morning glad that I don't have to think about what to wear, then realize that the weather report has made my plans completely inappropriate, therefore ruining whatever theme I may have had for that week (yes, sometimes I dress in themes for a week. Be afraid. Be very afraid!), and ruining the order and frequency with which I wanted to wear a certain item, creating a domino effect with the other items and I...

...I...

...I think I better stop now. All these shocked open mouths from TFSers is unnerving!
LOL Bakla, funny post.

For myself, I buy almost nothing that will not go out of fashion, and almost nothing that I don't have to rationalise about. Pathetic!

05-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection

ok meg...

omg bakla...
that is hilarious....

I LOVE YOU for being like that...
i've picked a theme for my fall wardrobe for the first time in my life...~!!
maybe i am being influenced by being here......

**i have to say...
if i had a different sort of life, i might be more of a planner...
but since i never know what tomorrow will bring...
i sort of have to 'fly by the seat of my pants'...
so to speak...

btw-
photographing and cataloging outfits goes a long way in resolving the
'what should i wear' issue for me...
which is a big part of why i do it...

05-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

agree softie, wish i had a poloaroid to document outfits....am generally quite anal about knowing the weather the night before to plan an outfit ahead....

i think ultimately, as long as you love what you buy, you will get wear out of it. I still have yet to wear a vintage halston gown I bought a year or two ago (not really an everyday piece) but everytime I see it in my closet, it brings me happiness, and I'm so glad I bought it. and agree softie, i've bought things and not worn them for years and then all of a sudden, they are the centrepiece of half of the outfits I wear and i get tons of use out of them....which is why I firmly don't believe in throwing away things even if I haven't worn them for years. up in a box they shall go.

05-09-2005
Yes, please

Meg, I have items that I bought but couldn't wear for years, and would look at them until the time came that they were appropriate - then, BOOM! Everytime I wear them, I get not only a personal sense of satisfaction, but end up getting complimented up the wazoo by strangers on the street. Always nice to know your instincts work on a public level~!

And as for the themes, I work well within limitations. It makes the decision-making process much more streamlined when you have a basic piece or look to work around (although sometimes, when the aforementioned weather botches your plans, it becomes downright hellish!) Sometimes, I'll get up on a Monday and find that I want to a put on a henley, then I start to think, which one? I have 5 henleys? Let's wear them ALL this week. Then my coworkers start to notice something's afoot by Wednesday...

Last edited by baklanyc; 05-09-2005 at 11:19 AM.
05-09-2005
Storm & Sommer

bakla you thematizing your weekly wardrobe..too funny I second that ..I can't believe anybody could be that organized..99.99% of the time I'm deciding in the morning.

I don't rationalise expensive purchases because it's been ages since I spend serious money..I guess I fatalise instead..when in doubt I go : "If it's still here tomorrow waiting for me THEN I'll buy it..if not..it wasn't meant to be"

Great article nqth !

pinterest : hanneonpin
07-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc

...I...

You know we love you

28-04-2013
flaunt the imperfection

oh---the things we do...

30-04-2013
front row

How funny this article is still so apt today! I can definitely relate to it. So Soft, I am curious are the items in your wardrobe still revolving in terms of importance, season after season?

30-04-2013
flaunt the imperfection

oh yes---you know it...

i've just resurrected a marni coat from the mid 2000's
it's just the perfect thing at the moment...
even though it was good back when i got it...
now it's PERFECT!...

:p

might have something to do with the fedora i got this year...
they make a good team...

and all the skirts have been on hiatus...
just not really feeling like skirts for some reason...
have a strong feeling that's about to change though and some are about to go into heavy rotation...

what about you vetements?

Last edited by softgrey; 30-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.
30-04-2013
front row

Soft, unfortunately most of the times I am still sticking to the same old 'comfy' pieces, the rested pieces remains rested
But I am seeing some changes, since I am beginning to pull out some odd viktor and rolf, and I am sure once I start wearing it, it certainly will have heavy rotation

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ny, times, worth