How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-04-2011
  256
fashion insider
 
Les_Sucettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,318
My God in my Beyonce in Isabel Marant for me is like giving this brand the kiss of death.

She and Rihanna have the gift of making everything they wear look super cheap, IM is my favourite brand, but the fact that she now makes clothes to cater for this awful celebs is making me a little disgusted with my wardrobe.

  Reply With Quote
 
22-04-2011
  257
trendsetter
 
eu-pt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: By the sea...
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,224
Lebommarche also sells a small selection of Etoile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
I hope this hasnt been asked before...but: Do you know websites that sell Marant clothes? I know mytheresa.com and netaporter.com
Are there more?
Thank you for answers... :-)

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift so make the most of it
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2011
  258
trendsetter
 
eu-pt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: By the sea...
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,224
I know what you mean. And the thing is that is not just Beyonce, the other day one of the Kardashinans was also wearing a IM dress!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
My God in my Beyonce in Isabel Marant for me is like giving this brand the kiss of death.

She and Rihanna have the gift of making everything they wear look super cheap, IM is my favourite brand, but the fact that she now makes clothes to cater for this awful celebs is making me a little disgusted with my wardrobe.

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift so make the most of it
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2011
  259
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
I hope this hasnt been asked before...but: Do you know websites that sell Marant clothes? I know mytheresa.com and netaporter.com
Are there more?
Thank you for answers... :-)
you can buy im on ebay worldwide at lebonmarche and creaturesofcomfort
and shopheist too

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!
  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  260
fashion elite
 
jomarlushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spain
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuitblanche View Post
^ Wow, amazing purchases. I especially love the first dress and the jacket.. I am kicking myself for not buying the dress when it came up on eBay last year cause I didn't think I could pull it off without anything underneath..
thanks ! well, check out Ebay every now and then, maybe you'll find it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pembldon View Post
Great purchases Jormalushka, I'm very jealous as I'm pregnant and restricted to shoes and bags for the next few months (hence my Dorris sandal splurge!).
I was wondering if anyone has seen the Yuli scarf anywhere.
thanks and congrats on your news!!!!!

the Yuli scarf is lovely indeed but I have to stay absent for the next time due to having spent quite a lot for my last purchases...

__

Can't wait to see a new collection - I'm getting a bit tired of the IM current outfits I have to admit - maybe it is also due to it's celebrity growing status...

but: Zoe is looking wonderful in that dress - lovely! Beyonce on the other hand... no comment

__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♥☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  261
trendsetter
 
eu-pt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: By the sea...
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,224
Just remind myself, farfetch.com also sells Isabel Marant online!

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift so make the most of it
  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  262
fashion insider
 
Les_Sucettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-pt View Post
I know what you mean. And the thing is that is not just Beyonce, the other day one of the Kardashinans was also wearing a IM dress!!
Really?! An abomination i'm sure...

  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  263
tfs star
 
BonjourTristesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,547
I agree. I like Beyonce, she is sweet... But Isabel Marant is Paris for me, it's classic, effortless, tasteful... I'm sorry but those aren't the words that I'd use for Rihanna or Beyonce. Eventhough I like jogging to their music :-p

  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  264
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,926
So I went to the galerie lafayette yesterday hadnt been there for quite a long time
I think the whole collection is very cute for summer
Some of the jackets are amazing theres an incredible work with pearls on them
The tees are adorable but a little overpriced
There are some mini jacket that I absolutely love too
Overall A quite nice collection looks better in real life than on the runway
Ill take some pics next time

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  265
fashion insider
 
advo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
I agree. I like Beyonce, she is sweet... But Isabel Marant is Paris for me, it's classic, effortless, tasteful... I'm sorry but those aren't the words that I'd use for Rihanna or Beyonce. Eventhough I like jogging to their music :-p
I think their music is fine, but they always look tacky no matter what they wear so IM on them is no exception.

  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  266
trendsetter
 
eu-pt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: By the sea...
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenysha75 View Post
So I went to the galerie lafayette yesterday hadnt been there for quite a long time
I think the whole collection is very cute for summer
Some of the jackets are amazing theres an incredible work with pearls on them
The tees are adorable but a little overpriced
There are some mini jacket that I absolutely love too
Overall A quite nice collection looks better in real life than on the runway
Ill take some pics next time
Kenysha, I am so jealous of you right now !!! :p
Are these, by any chance, the mini jackets you were talking about:


  • ©net-a-porter

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift so make the most of it
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  267
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,926
No these are the one I saw jordan jacket isnt that amazing?
Ive seen them yesterday and they are truly gorgeous just like the price lol




ebay.fr

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!

Last edited by Kenysha75; 24-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  268
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,926
Obviously if that was up to me I would just invest in some statement pieces like the jackets
The tees are available everywhere
I mean 150 euros the little tee I JUST CAN'T

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  269
trendsetter
 
eu-pt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: By the sea...
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,224
Amazing indeed!! sigh!! Love this jacket!!

__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift so make the most of it
  Reply With Quote
24-04-2011
  270
fashion icon
 
isa.b.elle.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,496
^^love the second one!!

__________________
iamtheline
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, isabel, marant
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.