How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

.farfetch.fr

24-04-2011
fashion insider

I do not like them. And i think the second one is particularly hideous, there is way too much going on . I saw it a Liberty and i was turned off by how gaudy it looked.

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

ahh i love those jackets soo much but yeah cost a bit too much i mean why? they're not leather! her non leather jackets are usually about 400-500?

tfs star

I'm not quite sure about the jackets... My problem with them are, that I feel like they age ppl alot. For example I'm 25 - I feel far too young to wear these jackets... I love statement jackets and blazers...don't get me wrong. But I feel like they have a very, very mature vibe about them. I can imagine a 50 year old stylish Parisian woman wearing them... but not a girl in her 20's, even 30's.
That just my (humble) opinion.

I wanted to ask you guys if you think Marant basics like skirts, tops are a bit overpriced?! I found cute skirts on netaporter but they range between 150-500 EUR.
Is the quality really that good? I'm all for paying a bit more if the quality is excellent..but I'm wondering if they are better than lets say Zara skirts.
Thank you for your opinions!

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

i saw caroline sieber wearing one of the jackets and i think she looked amazing. if you wear it with the right thing (jeans) i love it!

vogue.com

tfs star

Agreed. It actually looks nice on her!

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

i mean she makes everything look good but still :p

fashion insider

It does look good on her, but I thought it was pretty ugly on its own.

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

This is the model from mytheresa

mytheresa

tfs star

I walked around the city today and saw the jacket in post 271 in real life, hanging.
It looked much better in real life than in pics... alot less matronely and more comfortable.

25-04-2011
Aby
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
I'm not quite sure about the jackets... My problem with them are, that I feel like they age ppl alot. For example I'm 25 - I feel far too young to wear these jackets... I love statement jackets and blazers...don't get me wrong. But I feel like they have a very, very mature vibe about them. I can imagine a 50 year old stylish Parisian woman wearing them... but not a girl in her 20's, even 30's.
That just my (humble) opinion.

I wanted to ask you guys if you think Marant basics like skirts, tops are a bit overpriced?! I found cute skirts on netaporter but they range between 150-500 EUR.
Is the quality really that good? I'm all for paying a bit more if the quality is excellent..but I'm wondering if they are better than lets say Zara skirts.
Thank you for your opinions!
To a couple of exceptions (I have a 10 yr old Zara blouse, a few 3+ yrs old h&m's), all my Zara / h&m etc. items, skirts included don't last long: a year or 2, tops.

Even if said items still look decent, I always feel like there's something off after a variable amount of time: maybe the material, the cut. Whatever it is, I don't wear them anymore.

All my Etoile basics stood the test of time.
Except for a holed and faded cotton tee that I love so much and can't throw away, all the other items I got in the last 4-5 years look impeccable and I still wear them to death.

As much as I love Zara and Co, where I still shop, if I added up all the shrinked, shredded, faded after a few-normal-use -items, I'm sure that in the end spending more on an Etoile piece would have been wiser...

Here's my 2 cents on the matter.

tfs star

Thank you so much Aby... I actually follow your blog - have done so for about 3 weeks. And I must say you (and a few other bloggers) have really inspired me to buy more Isabel Marant clothes. First of all you look stunning in them, always effortless yet chic.
I feel like with my Zara shirts, even after a couple of washes somethings off - just like you said. I'm so annoyed that especially basics like a white T look awful after 2,3 months...
Thank you for your opinion, if the quality of Marant's clothes is really that good I'm more than willing to spend 100 EUR on a T. I can't count the many 18 EUR T's from Zara I had to throw away in the last year because they got holes or got far too slouchy.

26-04-2011
rising star

Today I wore my new lurex skirt and also the Vally jacket wich I had not shown before (I did show the grey one)

26-04-2011
trendsetter

^ looks gorgeous on you!! Now I want a IM skirt as well !!!

V.I.P.

Perfect look & that skirt is just adorable

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, isabel, marant