How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
hi charps, welcome...why dont you email impulse, they are very helpful.

i believe im shoes run small but am not completely sure on that.
I guess that's the best advice,I have a pair of IM shoes and they run big.
I do not understand a thing about IM sizes or french sizes in general, I thought French sizes would be a size or half a size smaller than other european sizes but it's not always the case.

25-03-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
hi charps, welcome...why dont you email impulse, they are very helpful.

i believe im shoes run small but am not completely sure on that.
Hello, luckyme and thanks for the welcome.
Just to clarify is Impulse the same as totokaelo.com ... Does anybody actually own these boots? I think they have released this shape for a couple of seasons now. thanks again

25-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by charps View Post
Hello, luckyme and thanks for the welcome.
Just to clarify is Impulse the same as totokaelo.com ... Does anybody actually own these boots? I think they have released this shape for a couple of seasons now. thanks again
charps, totokaelo is impulse (they took the name when a new e-commerce site was launched).

i have the boots, but they are from a couple seasons ago; they run a itty bit large, but I would email the totokaelo SA's for details of the specific shoes you are interested in.

lucky, I have the shirt in white, and a small fits me in the shoulders (I usually wear a small or xs in things) but the cut is, as laika pointed out, "a line,"so the shirt is larger in the stomach area, but drapes quite nicely!

26-03-2009
windowshopping

I was actually wondering about the Zand boot as well: is the zipper brass or silver-toned?

28-03-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by impercipience View Post
I was actually wondering about the Zand boot as well: is the zipper brass or silver-toned?
not sure about the zipper, but i just got an email back from totokaelo.com, and apparently this style runs a little small, so i will probably try the 40. Am going to check Aime in London first though as its probably cheaper for me to buy from Europe at the moment ...

29-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by charps View Post
I am obsessed with the 'Zand' boot and its perfect mid-sized heel, but am hesitant to purchase online as i havent tried ... does anybody here know what IM sizing is like? Is it French and therefore smaller?

I am typically somewhere between a size 39.5 and 40 depending on brand ... i.e. In Marc by Marc Jacobs i am definitely a 40, but in miu miu, marni etc. i can sometimes be a size 39.5.

I also like the APC boot (also on totokaelo.com) that has a similar sized heel to the IM ones, but they dont make half sizes and the size 39 feels a little small and 40 a little big when i tried on in Sydney ... So any tips on whether IM ones would fit any better would be appreciated!
Isabel Marant shoe sizing does definitely run small. Typically I wear a 36 but in her little suede booties with the mid-heels - I don't know if these are the Zand boots you are talking about - I have to wear the 37. These are old fashioned french sizes as opposed to italian.

31-03-2009
front row

i have a pair of IM boots and they run small for me (but then again, i think my feet are wide!). i've tried on others that fit tts.

31-03-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill View Post
Isabel Marant shoe sizing does definitely run small. Typically I wear a 36 but in her little suede booties with the mid-heels - I don't know if these are the Zand boots you are talking about - I have to wear the 37. These are old fashioned french sizes as opposed to italian.
Hi Gril, yes these sound like the ones. although this season they are sold in leather not suede ... i cant wait to get mine and glad i ordered the 40!

31-03-2009
Aby
V.I.P.

I have the Gokta and Dake boots similar to the Zand from past seasons and felt both were true to size and even a bit large...

I own both in 38 (my size) and put insole in the boots.

01-04-2009
?

I was looking at the t-shirts in store yesterday but while the fabric feels great, I think they are too sheer.. maybe I'm too conservative I saw one 3/4 sleeve black top that I liked though but overall the Etoile line is disappointing this season yes..

01-04-2009
V.I.P.

def...YES

03-04-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
thanks for all the photos steph. i love everything you got.

i'm looking at getting these boots, but am unsure about sizing:
edit: please do not quote images
(impulse)

i'm not too familiar with her shoes or how these run in particular. i've asked two different stores and one SA says they run big, and the others say small.

i'm usually a 6.5. can i possibly squeeze my toes into a 36?

thanks!
eeyor, sorry to revive a post from over a year ago! IM has released these boots again for SS 09, and I am in the process of buying them online and am also agonising over the sizing. I have been told they run small. I typically wear between a size 39.5/40 ... how did you go with the sizing? Do you think a size 40 would be ok for me?

Last edited by PrincessImp.; 03-04-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: please see TFS guidelines

03-04-2009
backstage pass

I personally would go for the 41 as these boots run 1 whole size smaller than usual.

03-04-2009
Aby
V.I.P.

^Oh poor Charps is going to be even more confused because I have these exact boots in my usual size and find they run big.

03-04-2009
backstage pass

^ why doesn't charps simply buy a selection of sizes and return the ones that don't fit. If she's buying over the internet - this isn't unusual particularly with shoes!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
isabel, marant