How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2008
windowshopping

i'm in love with the "love story" cut! however, i'm 5'2 and would wear them with moccasins or something...do you think they would look super weird hemmed from 35 to, like, 30 inseam? gah i wish they made petites!

05-03-2008
front row

I'm looking at buying skinny J brand jeans online, but don't know how they fit. I'm usually a 28/29 and my thighs are 22". Do you think I'd fit into them? The skinny jeans I have are huge on my waist in order to fit my legs(thighs more specifically). Help please!!!

13-03-2008
backstage pass

what does vanity sizing mean?

20-03-2008
scenester

Does anyone know where I can find some Men's J Brand jeans online other than their official site, revolve, and barneys?

22-03-2008
Lea
fashion insider

I've seen a few men's J Brand items on yoox and shoprumor.
I'm also waiting to see what they come out with in their reinvented mens line, J Brand Denim Co., which is supposed to come out in August

22-03-2008
scenester

^I just read an article about the reinvented men's line, can't wait!

27-04-2008
rising star

jbrand skinnies
i have the 10-inch skinnies, and they are so painful to get into. i sized up (normally a 24, but got 25) too, and they still hurt in the calf and upper thigh. and the inseam feels way short; i always think i'm exposing myself when i sit. they're so tight in the leg that if i sit for longer than 30 minutes, my legs go numb. i love how they look, but i can't bear the pain -- i haven't worn them in months.

when i was trying them on, i was making grunts or other sounds of pain, and a woman in the room across from me actually asked if i was trying on the jbrand skinnies! when i said yes, she said she totally felt my pain because she's the same way getting hers on, and that she can't wear them for long periods of time either. and she also said they stretch in the waist, but nowhere else.

with hindsight, i wouldn't have gotten these.

27-04-2008
rising star

i love my j brands! they definitely size a bit larger than other denim bands. if youre in between sizes, i say go down. thats what i did and mine fit perfectly.

28-04-2008
Empire State of Mind

amanda, that sounds horrible. I hate wearing jeans that are too tight and painful. I only have the 12 inch but they are pretty wide in the calves so maybe you should try those as an alternative. Unfortunately mine stretched out so much that I can't wear them anymore. I'm considering selling them on ebay and getting the same pair in a smaller size.

01-05-2008
rising star

velony, actually i'm so scarred from my jbrands that i don't think i'll ever buy anything from them again. for that price, i expect quality in the material, and the fact that so many say the fabric stretches to the point that they can't wear 'em anymore makes me not trust them.

when i bought mine, the woman who heard me yelping told me that hers stretched everywhere except the places it needed to stretch, so... (and this is gross)... i didn't wash mine for months! i've had them for two years and only washed them twice. and that's totally uncharacteristic of me because i'm a cleanliness fanatic!

04-07-2008
fashion elite

^if i'm 24 in superfine, should i get a 23 or 24 in the doll? and is the inseam really 35 inches? i'd hate to chop so much off and ruin the flare bottom.

10-07-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylw View Post
^if i'm 24 in superfine, should i get a 23 or 24 in the doll? and is the inseam really 35 inches? i'd hate to chop so much off and ruin the flare bottom.
I believe all their flared styles are 35", and most other styles are 34".

10-07-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopper400 View Post
what does vanity sizing mean?
It means that the item in question runs big.

10-07-2008
scenester

has anyone here tried the ankle length j brands? im considering purchasing a pair, and the website advises to size up, but since hearing all these stories about them stretching out over time, im not quite sure. so if im normally a 24, should i size up to a 25 then?

11-07-2008
Empire State of Mind

i noticed that j brand is being inconsistent with sizes. i tried on a bunch when i was in ny and sometimes the 25 fit me (i'm between 26 and 27 normally) and sometimes 26 was too tight. i think it depends on the style. the higher waisted style runs smaller imo. i have never tried the ankle legth so i'm sorry i can't be of help here. if you get a chance to try them on in person i would do that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brand, jeans