How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2009
trendsetter

so i have a pair of black jbrands for over two years now and i still love wearing them. but what bothers me is that the black color seems to fade in some places and becomes blue..
now i'm wondering:
have any of you had the same problem?
have any of you tried to dye the black jeans?

14-05-2009
windowshopping

The jeans you have are not black denim per se, but black on blue denim. For black denim one uses black yarn instead of indigo. It will eventually fade to grey. Black on blue denim is indigo coloured yarn with black overdye, which will fade to deep blue. It's not usually seen as a "problem", as the wash is intentionally meant to fade that way.

06-08-2009
V.I.P.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I don't have time (or the fast internet ) to go through the thread.

Anyone know who stocks J Brand in London? Harvey Nichols do, anyone else?..

windowshopping

Nope, I don't. But for everyone in Southern California, Marshalls and TJ Maxx are loaded with J Brands on sale for $20. Just picked up a pair of white skinnies and dark blue bootcuts. Love them with all my heart!

10-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I don't have time (or the fast internet ) to go through the thread.

Anyone know who stocks J Brand in London? Harvey Nichols do, anyone else?..

Selfridges.

Online: Net-A-Porter, mywardrobe.com.

12-08-2009
front row

Ive been eyeing up a great pair on yoox.com, im definately gonna get them!

12-11-2009
V.I.P.

Question, is the slim fit made for skinny girls with small butts?

13-11-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I would say 'yes'. I've tried on several on the styles and most of the time, I have a problem because the rise is too low like 7 or 7.5" which works better if you have a smaller bum, in my opinion. And they are cut quite narrow through the thigh. But again, it depends on the exact style because some of their skinnies are cut like that, and some aren't. If you look on shopbop, they give you the rise measurement which is helpful.

13-11-2009
fashion insider

i can honestly say i love my j brands and i've tried a lot of jeans.. r&r, silence&noise, bdg, citizens, 7s, joes, ksubi etc etc they are my favorite. they have this slimming effect if u get the super dark wash. i have the 910s in blackish inkish i forgot what it is, it's so super dark.

i was wondering if anyone had the j brand 11" "leggings". they call them leggings but they definitely are denim.. they look so comfy!

revolveclothing

also anyone try the Twill j brands?? it's japanese twill or something..

19-11-2009
rising star

^^^ ooh, that's sounds interesting! I have only about 3 pair of Jbrand jeans and
I love them..

22-01-2010
fashion icon

has anyone tried the torn jeans? how do they fit?

Meg
inspired contemplation

Well I just came in here to comment on the disappointment I have with the J Brand jeans that I bought. I know a lot of people in here have had great experiences with them, which is why I bought them, but the quality on the pair I bought was so shoddy.

The pair I bought were black skinny 'blue label' curvy jeans. They fit really well and I ended up paying a fairly high price for them because I got them at Anthropologie in the UK (the only place I've ever seen this particular style sold). anyway, after wearing them 8-10 times (and washing them once, maybe twice) when I bent down to inspect a table at Ikea they simple tore through on the inner leg. There was no thinning of the fabric, they didn't gradually wear through (and what jeans wear out after 10 wears), it was like the fabric was weak and simply tore.

Long story short, I thought it would be better to repair them then get a partial refund (since I no longer had the receipt). I also noticed the denim was pulling away from the seams, so when i got back to Canada I took them to a tailor here and had them take in and re-stitch the thigh seams and also sew the hole that had sporadically opened. i tried them on after the repairs and they still fit well and as I bent over to pull the leg up on the jeans, they 'burst' again, in two places on the same leg the tear happened before. So I guess I will just have to throw them away. It sucks to have to pay 180 pounds on a pair of jeans (plus repairs) and have them not last at all.

Anyway, just wanted to vent :p If someone is thinking of purchasing this same style - don't!

05-07-2010
V.I.P.

^I never got the buzz around J Brand jeans anyway. They're so overpriced and don't even fit nicely. My butt looks very square in them and I thought I might have gotten the wrong size on my pair, but they even look like this in most online shops. In the front they look great and make your legs look really long, but the back
I got the cavalry skinnies a while ago and most of the side buttons came off after wearing them three or four times. It was so annoying. And also, above the knee the stretching is so off, instead of fitting tight there they're kind of bulky. Like hello, what skinny jeans get bulky on the thighs? Luckily I paid only 90$ for mine as they were on sale. But I'd never invest in a pair of J Brands again ever.

Last edited by Psylocke; 05-07-2010 at 04:54 AM.
05-07-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

^
hmm - interesting to see you also have had quality problems with them. I found my fit really nice (it was the only pair of J Brands that ever have) which is why I was sad to lose them but glad to see I'm not the only one.

05-07-2010
once more, with feeling

^ Meg, do you have an Anthro card? Because if you checked out with it, you can return the jeans without a receipt, as the store can look it upon your card.

I have a pair of J Brand jeans but I haven't gotten around to hemming them yet, so I can't tell you how well they hold up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brand, jeans