How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

J. Crew
I know J.Crew has a thread combined with other higher-end chain stores, but I think it's time the store got it's own thread. It's definitely one of my favorite places to shop, and I think their creative director Jenna Lyons is amazing. She has done a great job re-vitalizing the brand and hiring stylists and sourcing fabrics. That's one of my favorite things - they give a lot of providence of where they have sourced certain fabrics and they also feature special items from classic brands such as the Timex military watch, Sperry topsiders, and Selima. Anyway, we have a thread on their lookbook but they have some great things out right now so I figured we could start our own thread. Some of my favorite items from this spring. all pictures jcrew.com

Not my favorite style but I think the detailing is interesting:

You can't get this skirt anymore (it sold out quite quickly), but it's so gorgeous I had to post. It looks liquid.

And I love this liberty print bikini

They have a variety of sizing (from petite to tall, size 5 women's shoes to extended calf and size 12) though I think their shoes and some things can be overpriced. When I get a chance, I will scan some photos in from their catalogue because the styling is beautiful.

24-04-2009
fashion icon

i used to be really into J.crew when I was in college but i still appreciate the style now..its getting so much press now because Michelle Obama shops there a lot...

trendsetter

J Crew has always had great basics and most of their garments are of quality, I hadn't shopped there for a while until recently. I love their new look/style, it looks very fashion forward to me. Everything looks super expensive but is pretty reasonable, even though it seems like their prices have gone up, you might buy an embellished cardigan for $98 but it could easily pass for a $400 one.

24-04-2009
tfs star

I LOVE the catalogue, the styling is really great. The two pairs of shoes I wore on my wedding day came from J Crew.

once more, with feeling

Good moment for this thread.

My interest in J. Crew has recently revived, mostly because I perceive a value in their goods. Also, students and teachers having a standing 15% discount. You just have to show your idea or email them from your school address.

Their pants fit me especially well. But I'm not too fond of their frilly silk tops they keep making as workwear. Seems so retro, and not in a good way.

Every season they make something cute and covetable that sells out immediately. I still remember a chambray top from a few years ago that I should have gone ahead and bought at full price.

Storm & Sommer

Just noticed this blog on j.crew : jcrewaholics.com

It annoys me that j.crew haven't gotten around to having international shipping.. well they do.. if you are in Japan.. but other than that..

Why not everywhere??

Forever21, Topshop, H&M, Victoria Secret etc are 'almost' everywhere now..

Love this top:

elseachealsea.typepad com j crew.jpg
elseachealsea.typepad.com

pinterest : hanneonpin
25-04-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I didn't know about this student discount?! Why did no one tell me! Probably because I shop mostly online. The good thing is that almost all their free shipping applies to Canada. The bad thing - as Hanne said, is they still don't ship internationally, which will annoy me when I move back to the UK. I really like the frilly tops I like to layer them under blazers because they do them in a lot of vivid colors.

there is another good blog, jcrew aficionada.

25-04-2009
once more, with feeling

^ yes, i like that blog a bit more than the other one. they post discount codes on that one, and that's how i found out about the student discount.

rising star

I worked at J.crew for a long time, great company to work for and amazing discounts. Even though it's much preppier than my style, I love the clothes and got some great pieces when I was working there.

25-04-2009
trendsetter

I've never known/heard of a student discount!

25-04-2009
once more, with feeling

^ Yes. This is the email they sent me in reply to how to apply the discount to any online order.

Quote:
J.Crew will gladly honor the student/teacher discount on any qualifying order.
In order to receive the teacher discount for online orders, place your
order as normal online. Then, email us from your valid school email
address at contactus@jcrew.com with your order confirmation number. We
will then apply the 15% discount as a credit to your credit card.

Please note, the discount may not be combined with most discounts or
promotions. If you have a promotion in mind that you would like to
combine the student discount with, please contact us and we will be able
to let you know if the discounts may be combined.

I think if you're in the store, you just show your student/faculty ID, or they might be able to look you up by email.

Meg
inspired contemplation

wow that's awesome! I've got about $400 worth of stuff sitting in my cart but I was waiting for a promo to come up. I will email and see if they accept Canadian student ID...

01-05-2009
front row

i used that 15% student discount to death that was the only reason i shopped there, especially during their fall collection which was amazing for great work pieces. their spring/summer collection is very boring and blah, i hope they get back into the groove for fall, but i graduated so i wont be able to used my discount anymore i don't think.

01-05-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimby View Post
^ Yes. This is the email they sent me in reply to how to apply the discount to any online order.

I think if you're in the store, you just show your student/faculty ID, or they might be able to look you up by email.

yea, just show them your student id and you'll be fine

01-05-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah I emailed them about it, it's not combinable with free shipping or things that apply to whole orders, but I think if you have a discount that applies to a single item, you can stack them. And it is applicable to CDN students as well! hurrah!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crew