How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2006
windowshopping

Jeans HELP
There were a few other jeans threads, but none seemed to match what I'm looking for. I have had trouble finding jeans for all of my adult life! I've tried countless different brands, and none really work well on me.

I'm 5'1, with slim thighs but I have love handles (really awful) so nothing ever looks right. If they fit in the waist, they're way too baggy in the thighs, and if they fit my thighs, they're too tight in the waist. I also hate that every brand people recommend to me are mostly low-rise. Low-rise = muffin top for me!! please help!!

03-03-2006
front row

Why don't you take a pair that fits in the waist and hips to a tailor and get the thighs taken in?

03-03-2006
windowshopping

I've tried altering my pants, but they just never look right. I've tailored both waist and thighs before. Thanks, though.

03-03-2006
front row

I have an pair of Sergio Valente jeans (4 yrs old) that have a higher rise and narrow thighs. They are sorta straight legged. Perhaps you could check out this brand, though I don't know what they are doing now.

03-03-2006
flaunt the imperfection

moved to the shopping forum ...

i am pretty sure if you looks around this forum...you will find more threads on this sort of issue with lots of good tips and advice...

05-03-2006
front row

I have a pair of medium rise, bootcut Salt Works jeans in Mulberry Street that fit well throughout, and I usually have a problem finding jeans that fit narrow in the thigh as well, so you could check those out.

06-03-2006
front row

me too, I have that muffin top problem with current designer jeans.
I discovered that Ann Taylor makes good denim and I love it to death. But they discontinued that model;
It is called Hampton Fit and Flare and Madison. But the current models looks pretty much the same. You might wanna check it out.
Hope this helps

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans