How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2005
  166
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 647
^ I saw a rope bracelet in one of the bins. Most of the mens shoes were beat to dust.

  Reply With Quote
 
07-07-2005
  167
V.I.P.
 
AlexN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouko
^ I saw a rope bracelet in one of the bins.
Oh God!!!!!!!!!!! Someone...anyone...grab it for me if it's still there. I'll pay you via paypal or whatever.

I'm desperate.

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  168
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 665
So today wasn't the last day of the Helmut sale? If not, when?

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  169
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 665
I like it...sort of a safari jacket, but sharply tailored....

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
today wasn't a good shopping day in london(sadness..) but i need to know whether its worth getting this jacket in white at 75% off?

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  170
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 665
Century 21 is having its summer clearance. Lots of items are Pay Half of the already reduced price.

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  171
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Theory, last day is Sunday. I went today, and I bought two things, I'll post in the holic thread.. Alex, there weren't any rope bracelets and I rammaged through the entire accessories bin.

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  172
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 665
Faust I will check your post in that thread (can't find a link to my stuff as they are tagged actual samples) but I'd like to get your overall impressions of the sale/review...I was pleasantly surprised and most of all, should I head back tomorrow for a last scavenger hunt (I love the fit of my stretch poplin shirt).

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  173
Yes, please
 
baklanyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory
Faust I will check your post in that thread (can't find a link to my stuff as they are tagged actual samples) but I'd like to get your overall impressions of the sale/review...I was pleasantly surprised and most of all, should I head back tomorrow for a last scavenger hunt (I love the fit of my stretch poplin shirt).
I'm thinking of returning as well. It's really a scavenger hunt. I feel like a vulture, but I'll at least be well dressed! ;-)

Theory, you should post a pic of your pruchase as well - sounds great!

  Reply With Quote
07-07-2005
  174
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory
Faust I will check your post in that thread (can't find a link to my stuff as they are tagged actual samples) but I'd like to get your overall impressions of the sale/review...I was pleasantly surprised and most of all, should I head back tomorrow for a last scavenger hunt (I love the fit of my stretch poplin shirt).
Hmmm, I think it's worth returning if you are a size 50, or if you are looking for jeans/jean jackets. Otherwise it might not be worth it.

  Reply With Quote
08-07-2005
  175
flaunt the imperfection..
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,502
theory...thanks for the heads up re-century...
one of the few places i can shop without guilt as i havea store credit i must use before i lose or forget about it...

i made quite a few purchases at helmut lang...both men's and womenswear...
i am torn between the guilt of spending the cash and the glee of the incredible pieces.........

fyi.all girls...
most women's pants are a size 40...if you are small..you will have a better chance...
but all runway pieces are pretty much long gone..
and all the best footwear is the opposite....size 9,10,11...but some lovely (if slightly odd) shoes and great buys if that's your size...

  Reply With Quote
08-07-2005
  176
flaunt the imperfection..
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
ok, i'll look. but i always get distracted when i'm in the women's section by all the girls changing right in front of me - one of my favorite part of sample sales .
sorry..but that's REALLY creepy...
i saw one guy sort of lurking in the women's section while i was changing...

he was so gross....

  Reply With Quote
08-07-2005
  177
V.I.P.
 
Caffeine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Williamsburg, NY
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
sorry..but that's REALLY creepy...
i saw one guy sort of lurking in the women's section while i was changing...

he was so gross....
Was he Faust?

  Reply With Quote
08-07-2005
  178
V.I.P.
 
Caffeine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Williamsburg, NY
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
theory...thanks for the heads up re-century...
one of the few places i can shop without guilt as i havea store credit i must use before i lose or forget about it...

i made quite a few purchases at helmut lang...both men's and womenswear...
i am torn between the guilt of spending the cash and the glee of the incredible pieces.........

fyi.all girls...
most women's pants are a size 40...if you are small..you will have a better chance...
but all runway pieces are pretty much long gone..
and all the best footwear is the opposite....size 9,10,11...but some lovely (if slightly odd) shoes and great buys if that's your size...
Thank you so much for the info! I guess I'll stay in Boston for the LouisBoston sale tomorrow. I am going to get up early
40 is big on me I'm petite and I lost almost 10 lbs since the hot weather came

  Reply With Quote
08-07-2005
  179
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
sorry..but that's REALLY creepy...
i saw one guy sort of lurking in the women's section while i was changing...

he was so gross....
excuse me! what is gross (well, i guess gross is not the right word ) are a bunch of women shamelessly undressing in front of strangers for a shallow reason :p. what really killed me is a 45yr old couple with their five year old daughter there who were BOTH trying clothes in front of everyone - now that's creepy!

  Reply With Quote
09-07-2005
  180
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
excuse me! what is gross (well, i guess gross is not the right word ) are a bunch of women shamelessly undressing in front of strangers for a shallow reason :p. what really killed me is a 45yr old couple with their five year old daughter there who were BOTH trying clothes in front of everyone - now that's creepy!
haha I saw them. I think she was a bit older, unless I'm thinking of a different couple, I remember them making her hold clothes.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, june or july, sales
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.