How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2005
V.I.P.

Theory, I was in your neck of the (business) woods today, and I earmarked some stuff for my wife at Saks. Can you please post (or better yet, PM me if you don't mind) when 2nd mark down starts? thanks.

I gotta check out Barneys.

Diggilooo, I had a wonderful trip. I'm afraid Stockholm is not my cup of tea shopping-wise, it's mostly streetwear or mainstream high-end (LV, Gucci, etc.), but otherwise I had a blast. My wife did buy a funky coat made out of sweatshirt fabric with a super high stand up collar.

23-06-2005
windowshopping

Hi ladies: I bought a Petunia Pink MJ bag at Saks Fifth Avenue for $599... and just found the one that I REALLY wanted instead (Rose Quartz) on Neiman Marcus.com. NM is having an additional 25% next week -- so that's another $150 off! Will Saks honor NM's additional price adjustment even though it's a different color, anyone know? I don't want to return it because the SA was so nice to me, but getting back $150 would be nice.

23-06-2005
about to fall or fly

www.chocosho.com is having a 15% off sale with this code: abonmh.

23-06-2005
backstage pass

I'm not sure they will. It can get really tricky aroudn sales time....some selected stuff on the Neimans website was marked down yesterday, but not everything. I know some stores, especially sale time are very specific with respect to price matching and it often needs to be the same color and style. I know Nordstrom with its excellent customer service may do it. The problem is the store has to call the store where you shopped and verify the sale price and that the item is in stock.

Which style MJ is it? The pink colors go on sale as they are seasonal even at the MJ boutiques, often upwards of 60% off and you can do charge and sends. I was in the Boston MJ store and it was packed (much to my dismay, never saw the appeal) and they had sales. You can always try there and stores like Scoop in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalika
Hi ladies: I bought a Petunia Pink MJ bag at Saks Fifth Avenue for $599... and just found the one that I REALLY wanted instead (Rose Quartz) on Neiman Marcus.com. NM is having an additional 25% next week -- so that's another $150 off! Will Saks honor NM's additional price adjustment even though it's a different color, anyone know? I don't want to return it because the SA was so nice to me, but getting back $150 would be nice.

23-06-2005
windowshopping

Thanks so much for your reply Theory! I think I will just return it then... I really don't want to because the SA was really nice, but I'd rather save $150!

The bag that started all of this was the Multipocket Rose Quartz on NM.com, I checked just now and it's still marked at $599 - will it be marked down further after the second reduction starts? I also checked b. goodman online and they have a Fuchsia Blake for $599 also... which I want even more now than the other two Multipockets.

Is the MJ store having the 60% sale right now??

Also, does anyone know when Saks's second reduction is?

23-06-2005
army of lovers

does anyone know how much this miu miu sweater cost? does the miu miu on melrose have any good sales?

source: firstview

24-06-2005
about to fall or fly

www.builtbywendy.com

built by wendy summer sale 40-70% off.

i think they're having a sample sale in chicago too...

24-06-2005
V.I.P.

Atelier is now 60% off. Bakla, are you getting those pants? Do you want to hit the store? haven't seen you in a while...

24-06-2005
trendsetter

^ That miu miu sweater is originally 325... Pretty much all of the stuff at Miu Miu on melrose is gone.... I would still check by because they still had a Large in mens and a few larger sizes in the identical womens version.. they are at 50% off now.

25-06-2005
scenester

HI-I know this is a dumb question in London (Harrods, Harvey Nics, Liberty etc) and Paris (Galeries Lafayette, Le Bon Marche, and designer shops like Chloe etc), when do they go to 50%, I know they usually start at 20-30% on Chloe and say Lanvin, then after 10 days or 2 weeks they mark it down to 50%. Does anyone know when abouts this would be for both the London shops and Paris, even a ballpark idea. Am trying to figure out if I should hop a flight now or if its worth the wait. I am in Italy on vacation. Thank you for any input.

25-06-2005
scenester

about how many weeks will a department store have their sales? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

25-06-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlance
about how many weeks will a department store have their sales? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?
in london the biggies( harvey nicks, harrods and selfridges) sale's last about a month- the end of the harrods sale is usually the cut-off point for the other ones. yep, june/july is a v depressing four weeks for those who paid retail at the start of the season

25-06-2005
tailored

nordstrom just had their twice yearly sale for women and kids...

bergdorf, neimans and saks are having their sales now...i saw that saks just marked things down again so maybe another week or two...

macys, etc. seems to always have sales...

scenester

cheers mate! plannin to go to london within two weeks time. hopefully there's still be a sale in selfridges and harvey nicks

26-06-2005
scenester

Right now in London and Paris on designer wear like Chloe the discount is 30% right? I cant seam to get through to the sales floor, they blocked the calls. Anyone know the deal? Thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, june or july, sales