How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2004
backstage pass

I know that this is off topic, and probably a bit dumb, but how do you pronounce this name?

08-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ebowleg@Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:07 pm
I know that this is off topic, and probably a bit dumb, but how do you pronounce this name?
don't feel dumb, i pronounced it two different wrong ways, before I met someone from Japan. I'm still not sure on the first name, I think it's dju-na-ya. Last name is Wa-ta-na-be with the accent on the last syllable. Apparently Watanabe is a very popular last name in Japan, kind of like Smith.

08-07-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
don't feel dumb, i pronounced it two different wrong ways, before I met someone from Japan. I'm still not sure on the first name, I think it's dju-na-ya. Last name is Wa-ta-na-be with the accent on the last syllable. Apparently Watanabe is a very popular last name in Japan, kind of like Smith.
Thanks

08-07-2004
rising star

I just tried on some Junya pants last week from this summer. They were a small and fit me (I range from 30 to 32, but 28-29 in denim) well, except a bit shorter than I like (but not much). Junya's shirts are spot on for me in medium usually because I have broad shoulders. Sizes vary from collection though!

08-07-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Jul 8th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
Damn, you TFS guys are skinny!!! I'm 30-32, depending on the designer...
faust...i think they are just a lot younger...give them time...

09-07-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Jul 8th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
Damn, you TFS guys are skinny!!! I'm 30-32, depending on the designer...
faust...i think they are just a lot younger...give them time... [/b][/quote]
OK, now I feel really bad, cos I'm a 33-34! Can't remember the last time I was under 30ins (probably because my cognitive functions hadn't fully developed then ).

Nqth, I'm a bit reluctant to recommend this, since I've got my eye on it myself, but if you're looking for a neat fitting jacket, one of the comme ones on yoox should be ideal. It has an almost "egg timer" like shape in the photo (sorry don't know how to post photos), and comes in dark blue and black. I have one in black, and once I got it (in the sale last year) i never had it off. It's so nice. The fabric is lovely, and it has the kind of ribbing/panneling details on it that all of the jackets had, but they're all the same colour. It is really fitted, almost chanel jacket style, and it's the nicest thing I own. So I'd recommend it. And also, if you don't like it, you can return to Yoox free of charge and they'll actually get UPS to come to your office/home to pick it up.

09-07-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Jul 8th, 2004 - 1:48 pm
Thanks Faust :-) I will probably have one or two more suits for my whole life and they have to be Comme:-). I already have one (but not Comme:-) for my graduation and it fits very very badly.

Spacemiu, aloharag states that Junya Man jeans small are 30-31 inch in waist. I am also 28-29 :-)
Oh and another thing re sizing generally - you really need to try Junya stuff on in particular since the sizing is extremely eratic. I have a pair of size s jeans and they fit a little big on me (interesting, bearing in mind my recent dislosure re waist size!). I also have size m trousers which are just right. But with homme + i need size l trousers and size m jackets.

Having said that, Nqth, the yoox jacket I was talking about would be Ok I think for a 46.

09-07-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny@Jul 9th, 2004 - 3:33 am

Oh and another thing re sizing generally - you really need to try Junya stuff on in particular since the sizing is extremely eratic. I have a pair of size s jeans and they fit a little big on me (interesting, bearing in mind my recent dislosure re waist size!). I also have size m trousers which are just right. But with homme + i need size l trousers and size m jackets.

Having said that, Nqth, the yoox jacket I was talking about would be Ok I think for a 46.
Thanks so much for your advices, Johnny:-) I will keep my eyes on the jacket once I find it! But I will wait for their discount, tho :-) Yoox finally ships to Poland as well, although the price for PL is higher than for Italy, and not everything is available, neither.

I really wish I were a bit bigger, and I am working on it a bit:-). Finding the s here in Poland is a real mission impossible. Anyway I will have a chance to try them on by myself. I will probably go to Moscow and St. Petersburg next month (hurra! and check the discount hall in leForm:-)

I think that the jacket is here:
http://imgs-es.yoox.com/is.asp?c=410120791N&u=1

09-07-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Jul 9th, 2004 - 5:01 am

I think that the jacket is here:
http://imgs-es.yoox.com/is.asp?c=410120791N&u=1
That's the one nqth. But don't go for the blue - go for the black! I will also be on guard at the time the reductions go on.

09-07-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny@Jul 9th, 2004 - 5:23 am
That's the one nqth. But don't go for the blue - go for the black! I will also be on guard at the time the reductions go on.
It's pitty black is L only, Johnny. I am a "black guy" when it comes to clothes:-)

09-07-2004
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:54 am

that's very interesting...

seems odd...because i would think that a larger woman would really be the junya/cdg customer in north america...especially taller women who can carry all the fabric and draping they often use......
exactly
I think it might have something to do with the fact that they deal with a fairly great number of patterns, and cannot produce many for each piece because of both technical problems and their being what is called "avant-garde".
BTW, Linea has nine sizes, therefore called unisex.

faust, how about Junya Watanabe Man Pink? (I don't know well about the label though)
on the first name, it's djun-ya.

Let the stars decide
09-07-2004
flaunt the imperfection

that men's jacket is beautiful...

09-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by runner+Jul 9th, 2004 - 9:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (runner @ Jul 9th, 2004 - 9:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:54 am

that's very interesting...

seems odd...because i would think that a larger woman would really be the junya/cdg customer in north america...especially taller women who can carry all the fabric and draping they often use......
exactly
I think it might have something to do with the fact that they deal with a fairly great number of patterns, and cannot produce many for each piece because of both technical problems and their being what is called "avant-garde".
BTW, Linea has nine sizes, therefore called unisex.

faust, how about Junya Watanabe Man Pink? (I don't know well about the label though)
on the first name, it's djun-ya. [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the clarification on the first name! BTW, I'm still wondering the correct prononciation of "Demeulemeester" . Junya Watanabe Man Pink, hmm, I never hear of it. Is it a different line?

Ngth, you lucky dog!!! You know when I was in Moscow I had no idea that Le Form existed

09-07-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 9th, 2004 - 9:23 am
that men's jacket is beautiful...
Absolutely:-) And the fabric looks so Comme.

09-07-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Jul 9th, 2004 - 9:34 am

Junya Watanabe Man Pink, hmm, I never hear of it.* Is it a different line?

Ngth, you lucky dog!!!* You know when I was in Moscow I had no idea that Le Form existed*
:-) and there is Star shop in St. Petesburg from last winter, too!

Man Pink is a women line after his Junya Watabane Man. It was launched last year, alongside with CdG Play.

from
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/d...-henshucho.htm

Quote:

October 23 (Wed) (2002)

Junya Watanabe
Comme Des Garcons Man Pink

The Tokyo Fashion Week (it's 'weeks' actually) has finally kicked off. Today I'm visiting the Comme Des Garcons presentatin at Aoyama's Ogasawara Hall, together with Tiffany Godoy. She used to be with "Composite" before, and after working for "Studio Voice" for a while she's now back in our team (a big sorry to SV editor Kato-san!). Introduced today in a floor show is a new ladies' line derived from "Junya Watanabe Man," and that's why we're rubbing shoulders with editors and stylists from virtually all magazines in town. The new brand name is -- quite exhausting to pronounce -- "Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcons Man Pink." Junya Man is a casual men's line, and launched here in accordance with that is the casual ladies' pendant. It actually has a clear taste of punk, but it's a funny, almost cute kind of punk that will probably attract fashion-loving girls in their twenties. Revealed also next to this new line is Garcons' new T-shirt brand "Comme Des Garcons Play," and I really admire Garcons' professional manners.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
junya, sizing, watanabe